The King of Queens

I had the flu last winter and took down about a week's worth of episodes. Some observations: 

- Jerry Stiller just kills it. Full Frank Constanza and he appears in every episode. No Seinfeld every once every 10 episodes stuff. 

- Patton Oswalt is really funny. Second best performance behind Constable Bob. 

- Victor Williams as Deacon is a good straight man to whatever Kevin James is trying to do. 

- Leah Remini. Man alive, her weight swings around like a roller coaster. 10 one season. Fat in another season. Perplexing sexual chemistry with Kevin James throughout. 

- Lou Ferringo is great as the neighbor. 

- Nicole Sullivan was pretty good on MAD TV She's good on Kings of Queens too as Jerry Stiller's walker/caretaker. 

- Gary Valentine is pretty good as the worthless cousin. Funny chemistry with Patton Oswalt. 

- Rachel Dratch is peak weirdo/Debbie Downer.

- Kevin James is probably the worst part of the show, but he's predictable. Usually doing something stupid/fat and getting scolded by Leah Remini. 

I would recommend this show to the unemployed, bed ridden, and retirees. 

50 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I had the flu last winter and took down about a week's worth of episodes. Some observations: 

- Jerry Stiller just kills it. Full Frank Constanza and he appears in every episode. No Seinfeld every once every 10 episodes stuff. 

- Patton Oswalt is really funny. Second best performance behind Constable Bob. 

- Victor Williams as Deacon is a good straight man to whatever Kevin James is trying to do. 

- Leah Remini. Man alive, her weight swings around like a roller coaster. 10 one season. Fat in another season. Perplexing sexual chemistry with Kevin James throughout. 

- Lou Ferringo is great as the neighbor. 

- Nicole Sullivan was pretty good on MAD TV She's good on Kings of Queens too as Jerry Stiller's walker/caretaker. 

- Gary Valentine is pretty good as the worthless cousin. Funny chemistry with Patton Oswalt. 

- Rachel Dratch is peak weirdo/Debbie Downer.

- Kevin James is probably the worst part of the show, but he's predictable. Usually doing something stupid/fat and getting scolded by Leah Remini. 

I would recommend this show to the unemployed, bed ridden, and retirees. 

It's a great guilty pleasure - love this show.  Now my favorite comedies, in no particular order, are Cheers, It's Always Sunny and Arrested Development.  But there's something about King of Queens that always sucks me in.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Doug E. Fresh said:

It's a great guilty pleasure - love this show.  Now my favorite comedies, in no particular order, are Cheers, It's Always Sunny and Arrested Development.  But there's something about King of Queens that always sucks me in.

I usually pop in and watch an episode in the Leah Remini thinner episodes. Was smoke. 

5 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I usually pop in and watch an episode in the Leah Remini thinner episodes. Was smoke. 

This. She was on another show with Sharon Lawrence called Fired Up. They were both pure smoke.

fired_up.jpg

Lawrence has held up exceptionally well.

rs_634x1024-190127144543-634-2019-sag-aw

• Like 1

Always enjoy this show whenever its on.   Arthur Spooner is very close to the top of my favorite TV characters of all time.   He was hilarious in every ep.

Edited by d2o

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Perplexing sexual chemistry with Kevin James throughout. 

This was odd to me.  It's like she hates his guts always, but wants to bang everyone once in a while. 

Edit: Just thought about my own marriage and realized this is prob a more accurate depiction than most. 

Edited by EvilCaseMcCoy
  • Haha 1

Agree with pretty much everything in the og post. This is also one of my shameless pleasure shows. If it's on I'm likely stopping by for an episode if I'm just flipping channels.

Remini is definitely my style, and yeah that chemistry is kinda odd, but her and Kevin James really have it.

They writers seemed willing to give a lot of the supporting cast some shine too. I vaguely remember some episodes revolving around Stiller/Dog-Walker, Stiller/Deacon, Kevin James/Deacon, etc. There's enough shenanigans to go around.

Edited by BurdineBandit