10.14.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

My point is that you are expecting a cultural change at the University of Texas that's probably never going to happen.

That's all. It's been like this for nearly 50 years. Maybe longer.

I get that UT is about optics, particularly this millenium , despite that they are not paying Rice salaries, and the bill is being footed by BMDs. 

Its an inadequate vetting process at the very least. I don't think UT is asking coaches for tier 2 performance. UT is  just letting them get away with it...

Just now, El Squared said:

I get that UT is about optics, particularly this millenium , despite that they are not paying Rice salaries, and the bill is being footed by BMDs. 

Its an inadequate vetting process at the very least. I don't think UT is asking coaches for tier 2 performance. UT is  just letting them get away with it...

See? You get it.

We're Texas.

My point is that you are expecting a cultural change at the University of Texas that's probably never going to happen.
That's all. It's been like this for nearly 50 years. Maybe longer.
50 YEARS? FIFTY? BEEN LIKE THIS FOR 50 YEARS?

50 YEARS AGO DKR WAS COACH. SO FUCK YOU EABOD N DIAF YOU WORTHLESS aggy SACK OF SHIT.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Over the last 10 years, we have not outrecruited them more often than not. That’s bullshit. 

They had a seamless transition from a long term coach to the next. It helps when you don’t let the coach decide he’s going to crash the plane into the mountain. 

No, that's not bullshit. Recruiting rankings obviously don't mean everything, but they're a good indicator of overall talent level. We rank higher than them more often than not, and we regularly win head-to-head recruiting battles against them. Maybe they're better at evaluating and developing, but that still has nothing to do with "caring more."

20 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Are you sure it's unacceptable? It might be to you and it might be to me, but what evidence is there that it's unacceptable to the people who actually make decisions?

I speak for myself. It is unacceptable. 

If we are counting on Belmont we are already fucked.

Again, I agree with you that we are trending in the right direction. We can not regress. 

This loss was due to coaching. Period.

Just now, Pancho said:

CDC has sat Herman down for a talk about the product on the field: 2 times last year and at least once this year 

Thanks.  Good.  There is plenty of dead weight that can be upgraded.  Especially on Offense. Cut any or all of Warehime, Meh, Drayton and Meekins and find me an extra coach for D and ST.  

1 hour ago, MrPhlegm said:
7 hours ago, hookem48 said:
OU played really well and Texas played like absolute dog shit and lost by 7, Mack/Strong would have lost by 40. but fire everybody, fuck it

we don't pay Mensa to lose by less than mackstrong you stupid cunt moron aggy.

name the players on the field for Texas that would start for OU, then cry about losing by 7 you stupid fuck

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Next year has to be the time Herman takes that next step. His first real recruiting class will be juniors, Sam will be a senior, and I don't know what ou has in the pipeline other than Rattler, and surely he can't be a Heisman winner in year 1 (I hope). 

Wait till next year!!! Is Texas, Okie lite now?

21 hours ago, Girdwood said:

It wouldn't shock me at all to see Ingram on the transfer portal list at some point in the near future. Not much room for tentative RBs that can't break tackles in our offense. He looks like Kyle Porter more and more every day (thanks Drayton).

I hear his brother is entering the portal also. 🙄

20 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

Fundamentally disagree with your premise that 'football is more important to OU than Texas'.  Its demonstrably false if you look at resources spent on coaching, facilities, etc.  

We spent 1.8mm on recruiting (OU spent 1.25mm)

Football had 144.5 million in revenue during 2018 which was almost as much as all of Oklahoma's athletic revenue.

facilities spending will also hike a leg and piss all over your premise.  

This isn't the politics board where you can throw out unsubstantiated opinions and have people agree with you.  You're wrong, you talk like a fag, and your shits all retarded.

This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen.

Does Bill Gates care more about eating lunch than I do because he spends more money on it? Does Warren Buffett care more about college football than I do because he spends more money on it?

Expenditures are a reflection of how much money you have that can be spent on something much more than they're a reflection of how much you care about something. Any other conclusion you try to draw from that is, well, dumb.

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Does Bill Gates care more about eating lunch than I do because he spends more money on it? Does Warren Buffett care more about college football than I do because he spends more money on it?

Expenditures are a reflection of how much money you have that can be spent on something much more than they're a reflection of how much you care about something. Any other conclusion you try to draw from that is, well, dumb.

In this particular case, you've just hinted at a major reason he just proved the opposite of what he meant to prove: OU spends way more as a percentage of what they can afford to spend than we do.

I happen to think that the whole argument is pointless and stupid, but it'd be nice if it was only stupid in general, and not in detail as well.

21 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Great analogy Huck!  Let's pick out the two richest guys in the world and compare them to.....you.  And I doubt Buffet spends more on college football than you.  

Regardless, DD claimed "It seems pretty obvious that football is more important to OU than it is for Texas."  Their budgets are comparable and yet we spend more.  How else do you compare who cares more?  Views/engagement on Twitter?  Message board posts?  Merch sales?  Those are quantitative facts.  Any other claim is about feelings and not really grounded on anything other than typical self loathing texas fans bitching and moaning because we got outcoached.  Or typical Texas fan arrogance because we have more to care about and focus on than football. 

Regardless, his claim was a perfect troll post and I bit. My bad.

11 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

Great analogy Huck!  Let's pick out the two richest guys in the world and compare them to.....you.  And I doubt Buffet spends more on college football than you.  

Regardless, DD claimed "It seems pretty obvious that football is more important to OU than it is for Texas."  Their budgets are comparable and yet we spend more.  How else do you compare who cares more?  Views/engagement on Twitter?  Message board posts?  Merch sales?  Those are quantitative facts.  Any other claim is about feelings and not really grounded on anything other than typical self loathing texas fans bitching and moaning because we got outcoached.  Or typical Texas fan arrogance because we have more to care about and focus on than football. 

Regardless, his claim was a perfect troll post and I bit. My bad.

This is what we call "the Georgia" excuse. We didn't care as much as the other team. The only reason why Texas lost or ever loses, of course!

On 10/14/2019 at 3:14 PM, krevo said:

Zero sense of panic my ass.  Everyone knows people are panicking.  After watching that game on Saturday - I feel like we're taking another L this year just due to bad tackling.

Whoever negged me for this...fuck you. Were fucking garbage.