10.14.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

So Tom satisfied by offensive staff's adjustments at halftime to handle the Bear defensive front blOU was using??

That's ridiculous.... pretty sure blOU got 6 sacks in 2nd half.  Kansas pushed the blOU defensive DL around in first half of their game.  Total failure in plan and effort by Texas OL vs blOU !!!!

1 minute ago, EZ$ said:

Well, if we practice tackling, we lose half our team to injury. If we don’t practice tackling, we are healthy, but can’t tackle. What do ya do???

Tuesday Practice:  Hit a bunch of practice dummies over and over and over till they get it right.... DKR would wear their assets out.

1 minute ago, EZ$ said:

Well, if we practice tackling, we lose half our team to injury. If we don’t practice tackling, we are healthy, but can’t tackle. What do ya do???

My recommendation is to do actual tackling drills and limited tackling in live action. But tackling doesn’t mean leading with the head or making big shoulder hits without using arms. That’s where all the injuries are coming from. 

And anyone thinking he would throw a player under the bus at s presser is a fucktard. If Sam and Keontay had a big argument (I didn’t see it), Herman wouldn’t address that in a presser, and he shouldn’t. If he thinks RJ is a better back than Ingram, he shouldn’t say that in a presser. Some of you are stupid, just like Bohls. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Herman’s strategy was to just outscore them on offense and not really bother on defense? That’s what I got out of all this. 

I think that’s all they thought they would have to do, though the offensive gameplan was never going to outscore them. It was terrible and didn’t adjust much. 

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I think that’s all they thought they would have to do, though the offensive gameplan was never going to outscore them. It was terrible and didn’t adjust much. 

Well I hope this isn’t the overall strategy/system/ philosophy he wants to employ here. It didn’t work out well at U of H. Gotta have a defense. This is why I wasn’t as high on TH as some: too small of a size sample as a HC. But none of that shit matters now. 

41 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So Tom satisfied by offensive staff's adjustments at halftime to handle the Bear defensive front blOU was using??

That's ridiculous.... pretty sure blOU got 6 sacks in 2nd half.  Kansas pushed the blOU defensive DL around in first half of their game.  Total failure in plan and effort by Texas OL vs blOU !!!!

It's abysmal that didn't consider more delayed screens to offset the rush.  Not those ridiculous sideways bullshit calls.  Just a traditional screen pass.   

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Watch tape of other teams tackling?  Build a campfire or jump into an apartment community swimming pool to exchange stories about how they were tackled in games long ago?

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Dude, it's coach speak, and we all know it. He'll say I'm sorry blah blah, and then change nothing. Ingram is still ahead of Rojo at this point, there's still no cohesion on offense, etc. If Riley can magically make 3 QB's Heisman contenders in a row, then it's a system, and surely if Sam is hurt someone else can run a system, no? I don't even care what he has to say. I'm sick of our staff like Warhime, Washington, and Meh. Yet here we are. No changes for the better. Lincoln stabbed Stoops in the chest like a man, and Herman hugs his buddies. 

It's not magic it's having 4 olineman drafted in the first 4 rounds last year which had never happened before and replacing them with 4 more future picks, not to mention the returning sophmore center that will be all American. It takes us 10 years to get one drafted. OU system always works because they always have a good to great oline. 

I get the ferentz dantonio vibe from herman. With a big bit of arrogance and stubbornness added in.
Think the walls are starting to crack on his empire. This shitty play aint gonna cut it here. If he doesnt realize it or doesnt care them he will be gone. He needs to do some major looking in the mirror and change up his staff. Him acting like the ou game is just another game is fucking bullshit. He better fuckin know better. But I think he thinks hes being cute but comes off like a childish soft pussy when he says that.
Also think ingram put on too much weight/ got fat and lost a step, especially after his injuries, he still seems tentative and doesnt just hit the hole.
This shitshow weak ass tackling effort is usually a reflection of a soft coach. I had hoped Herman would be tough after how he started the 1st year.
Herman is supposed to be some kind of offensive genius but this gameplan was uninspiring and weak
Now Im worried this is how it will be and not just an anomaly.

7 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

we lost by 7

This entire event has been such an interesting meltdown. 

I mean, it sucks we lost and there are some glaring issues, But after this last decade you would have to a fool not to see the overall progress. 

i mean.  Did you people really think we would go undefeated?    If a close loss gets you this upset how have you been living life so long as a Horn fan.  Shocked More didn’t off themself during the strong years or a Maryland game 

Edited by Xian
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bigup2dahorns said:

No, not that question directly. But in an answer about containing Hurts he said he’s a slippery dude and we we were right there many times but just couldn’t get him on the ground.

Yeah, but every team we play save Rice seems to be loaded with slippery dudes when they face our defense. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xian said:

I mean, it sucks we lost and there are some glaring issues, But after this last decade you would have to a fool not to see the overall progress. 

i mean.  Did you people really think we would go undefeated?    If a close loss gets you this upset how have you been living life so long as a Horn fan.  Shocked More didn’t off themself during the strong years or a Maryland game 

Come on, Tom was a guy who came in with a reputation as a big game coach.  We came out looking BAD against our two biggest games this year when expectations were sky high.  There's been glaring issues with offense (Tom's strength) and comfort hires across the board that look like they are coming home to roost.  Maybe Tom can't handle the expectations. 

Sure, losing by 7 >>>> 2000-2004 beat downs, but damn if one team didn't look well coached, well prepared and well schemed and the other looks like a bunch of retards, and guess what? We were the retards. 

3 minutes ago, Xian said:

OU played really well and Texas played like absolute dog shit and lost by 7, Mack/Strong would have lost by 40. but fire everybody, fuck it

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

we lost by 7

The four Black Saturdays opened and closed the book on embarrassing losses to OU.   We got outcoached and outplayed this past weekend but the outcome was still, somehow, in doubt in the 2H.  

In the four bloodlettings under Brown, the game was over in the 1st half, a couple of them in the 1st quarter.  The only question was whether next of kin could be located before the clock ran out in the 4th quarter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Girdwood said:

It wouldn't shock me at all to see Ingram on the transfer portal list at some point in the near future. Not much room for tentative RBs that can't break tackles in our offense. He looks like Kyle Porter more and more every day (thanks Drayton).

buh bye

49 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Why should there be any sense of panic?

i'm not sure if panic is the right word, but i do think we might be running into a situation where the players start to lose trust in their coaches. these coaches have asked A LOT from them and they've preached to them to trust their training.

if you're a player and you fully buy-in, then you watch the film and see the net sum of all of that has you looking completely lost on the football field, do you start to lose faith? 

10 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

OU played really well and Texas played like absolute dog shit and lost by 7, Mack/Strong would have lost by 40. but fire everybody, fuck it

A Mack team loses that game by a minimum of 40, guaranteed.

I don't know if Tom is our guy, but one thing I can say is that the quit that existed under MB does not exist here now.

That is all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Come on, Tom was a guy who came in with a reputation as a big game coach.  We came out looking BAD against our two biggest games this year when expectations were sky high. 

Wait, we looked BAD against LSU? That's the best we've looked all season IMO.

• Like 6