10.14.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

What do Herman, Coaches and or players need to do to get better over the next 6 games??

(Just curious what suggestions Surly Folks have  to help this Texas team return to this year's B12 Championship Game)

Remaining Schedule:

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV  
Sat, Oct 19
vsKansasKansas
6:00 PM
espn-longhorn@2x.png

Sat, Oct 26
@TCUTCU
TBD    
Sat, Nov 9 TBD    
Sat, Nov 16 TBD    
Sat, Nov 23
@Baylor18 Baylor
TBD    
Fri, Nov 29 11:00 AM  
Edited by LTtxfan

The one thing about Herman that’s always been in the back of my mind is the fact that he might care more about the money and fame of the position than the actual wins and losses. I hope that’s not the case. Losses would eat up Jimmy Johnson and Nick Saban. I’m not so sure losses make Herman feel that bad. Who knows.

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

What do Herman, Coaches and or players need to do to get better over the next 6 games??

(Just curious what suggestions Surly Folks have  to help this Texas team return to this year's B12 Championship Game)

Remaining Schedule:

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV  
Sat, Oct 19
vsKansasKansas
espn-longhorn@2x.png

Sat, Oct 26
@TCUTCU
TBD    
Sat, Nov 9 TBD    
Sat, Nov 16 TBD    
Sat, Nov 23
@Baylor18 Baylor
TBD    

Scrap the defense all together and simplify.  Where is Gerg when you need him.  

Saturday was a shit show but still don't expect Herm to say anything meaningful since we still have 6 games to play. We seem mentally weak from the coaching staff down so I bet this presser stays as PC as you can get so he doesn't further harm the team's mental.

12 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I normally don’t give a shit about press conferences, but Herman should apologize to the fans and players today. He needs to own up to that shit show Saturday. I’m still pissed. 

He won't apologize.  He'll double down.  I'm sure he'll say he has full faith in Beck and Orlando and all is well. 

And he'll get a bunch of softballs from the Charmin Austin media about how the team played hard and only lost by 7 to the #6 team and what can we improve on and how proud he is we didn't give up

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

He won't apologize.  He'll double down.  I'm sure he'll say he has full faith in Beck and Orlando and all is well. 

And he'll get a bunch of softballs from the Charmin Austin media about how the team played hard and only lost by 7 to the #6 team and what can we improve on and how proud he is we didn't give up

This. And he will trot out some Mack type stats. 

22 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I normally don’t give a shit about press conferences, but Herman should apologize to the fans and players today. He needs to own up to that shit show Saturday. I’m still pissed. 

Lulz.  The pattern's been established.   You're wrong, misinformed and misguided. It's been established up front that Herman is smarter than you and everyone else combined.  He'll entertain your idiocy, and everyone else's, but only for a short time.     

23 minutes ago, jinx said:

Scrap the defense all together and simplify.  Where is Gerg when you need him.  

No doubt changes have to be made on what the defense was doing last Saturday.  Just curious if Herman has the balls to shake a few things up.

Example:  Maybe move Andre Coleman to an on field WR coach and move Meekins to an analyst role for remainder of the season...

Edited by LTtxfan

17 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You think the Austin media goes easy on the team? If anything they are trolling cunts

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Remaining Schedule:

DATE OPPONENT TIME TV  
Sat, Oct 19
vsKansasKansas
espn-longhorn@2x.png

Sat, Oct 26
@TCUTCU
TBD    
Sat, Nov 9 TBD    
Sat, Nov 16 TBD    
Sat, Nov 23
@Baylor18 Baylor
TBD    

Fire Orlando. Let the analyst that isn’t really an analyst coach.

Looking at the remaining schedule, I won't be surprised to see Whittington playing by the TCU  or K-State games.  Sure seems like BJ Foster is significantly hampered by his shoulder injury.

Curious if/when the following players are returning:

• Overshown.....           back vertebrae
  • Collin Johnson......    hamstring/concussion??
  • Jalen Green......         dislocated shoulder
  • Caden Sterns.....          knee, ankle
  • Jeffrey McCullough...  dislocated shoulder
  • Chris Brown.....            Fractured forearm
  • Daniel Young......          high ankle sprain/stinger

Players probably gone for season??

• Marcus Tillman.....      mcl sprain
  • Josh Thompson....      fractured foot

3 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Tom, after last years RRS, Riley was smart enough to make a mid-season change and fire his weakest link. That move

has paid of for OU. Do you have the guts to do the same? 

Chip Brown...  If you are reading this, here's your chance to grow a sack and earn some goodwill from Surly.  

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Dude, it's coach speak, and we all know it. He'll say I'm sorry blah blah, and then change nothing. Ingram is still ahead of Rojo at this point, there's still no cohesion on offense, etc. If Riley can magically make 3 QB's Heisman contenders in a row, then it's a system, and surely if Sam is hurt someone else can run a system, no? I don't even care what he has to say. I'm sick of our staff like Warhime, Washington, and Meh. Yet here we are. No changes for the better. Lincoln stabbed Stoops in the chest like a man, and Herman hugs his buddies. 

6 minutes ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Tom, after last years RRS, Riley was smart enough to make a mid-season change and fire his weakest link. That move

has paid of for OU. Do you have the guts to do the same? 

Herman:  that’s a really good team we just played. Really good.   I think the first half, where we held them to 10 points, shows what this defense and defensive staff are capable of.     I’m not going to overreact to one poor half of football against the beat offense in the country. We will figure out what worked and what didn’t, and adjust accordingly. Playing defense in the big 12 is hard. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Herman:  that’s a really good team we just played. Really good.   I think the first half, where we held them to 10 points, shows what this defense and defensive staff are capable of.     I’m not going to overreact to one poor half of football against the beat offense in the country. We will figure out what worked and what didn’t, and adjust accordingly. Playing defense in the big 12 is hard. 

I hate you so much right now, because this is EXACTLY what he will say.  

20 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Tom?

"Tom....have you discussed flipping the script on shit-talking?  You know....where the shit-talking player actually does something that is shit-talk worthy before talking shit?.  Oh, and is it true that Dallas Baptist University called, and they want their practice t-shirts back?"

34 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Winning is hard too.

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think we're going to need more "really".