2020 Transfer and Grad-Transfer Available Players

texifornia

26 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

I guess there’s a chance rattler leaves if he really balls out next year, but I’d be pretty concerned Williams will leave too if he doesn’t think he’ll be starting his second year.

Dont think this is gonna be an issue unique to OU either, these entitled high schoolers aren’t gonna sit for more than a year, especially as the ability to transfer and not sit gets more and more lax. Not to go all Texags, but losing Milroe for Wright might actually be a good thing for that reason alone (less so  after losing Ewers however).

Will be interesting to see what Card does if Casey wins the job next year with 3 to play.

I don't imagine they'll have trouble attracting a premier transfer QB. Especially once it's clear Williams stinks.

27 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

I guess there’s a chance rattler leaves if he really balls out next year, but I’d be pretty concerned Williams will leave too if he doesn’t think he’ll be starting his second year.

Dont think this is gonna be an issue unique to OU either, these entitled high schoolers aren’t gonna sit for more than a year, especially as the ability to transfer and not sit gets more and more lax. Not to go all Texags, but losing Milroe for Wright might actually be a good thing for that reason alone (less so  after losing Ewers however).

Will be interesting to see what Card does if Casey wins the job next year with 3 to play.

Rattler was a top 10 QB this year by PFF (top 3-4 if you throw out first 3 games). This counting numbers were depressed by OU WR dropping literally a dozen catchable balls in the endzone. It is quite possible he leaves after a Heisman-worthy 2021.

If Rattler stays for 2022, Williams will still onley be a rsFr or So and will be only a play away from real playing action. Williams is great with his legs but apparently much rawer than Rattler throwing the ball. He seems like a pretty self aware guy and understands that OU offers him an amazing opportunity.

1 minute ago, TommyGufano said:

Somebody who follows this stuff more closely can fact check my exact figures, but I believe he was a 25-year old qb who completed 27% of his passes as a hs junior

So you're saying he has more upside than Heisman finalist/NFL starter Jalen Hurts?

34 minutes ago, quigley said:

Rattler was a top 10 QB this year by PFF (top 3-4 if you throw out first 3 games). This counting numbers were depressed by OU WR dropping literally a dozen catchable balls in the endzone. It is quite possible he leaves after a Heisman-worthy 2021.

If Rattler stays for 2022, Williams will still onley be a rsFr or So and will be only a play away from real playing action. Williams is great with his legs but apparently much rawer than Rattler throwing the ball. He seems like a pretty self aware guy and understands that OU offers him an amazing opportunity.

Yeah we’ll definitely see on your first point, you’ll need to keep the run game going like it was towards the end of the season for that to happen, but wouldn’t shock me.

As for the second paragraph, that was exactly the point I was making. You or I understand sitting a couple of years would probably benefit him and that he’s only a play away but both those things were true of Mordecai, then Morris. That’s shown to not be enough for many these kids who have tens of thousands of people telling them how great they are by the time they’re Juniors in high school. And neither of those dudes were no. 1 ranked QB out of high school.

9 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

I don't think Williams sucks but it is kinda hilarious that he looked so bad at Elite 11 they had to change the rules to name him the winner

5 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

No, I'm saying some other kid better than Hurts + Williams is gonna show up, provided Lincoln is still HC

For the record, I think Hurts does suck. The Eggles are getting the FeHE (Full Hurts Experience) right now: efficient runner with poor ball security, strong arm with poor timing and high sack and interception rate.

Even Hurts got drafted out of the Riley system! I think Lincoln will be able to mold Williams into a better passer. Williams appears quicker and more explosive than Hurts as a runner (reminds me of TCU QB this year as a runner).

I think Riley stays until he wins a national championship or at least 8 - 10 years trying. The defense is getting close to making the championship a possibility.

8 minutes ago, quigley said:

For the record, I think Hurts does suck. The Eggles are getting the FeHE (Full Hurts Experience) right now: efficient runner with poor ball security, strong arm with poor timing and high sack and interception rate.

Even Hurts got drafted out of the Riley system! I think Lincoln will be able to mold Williams into a better passer. Williams appears quicker and more explosive than Hurts as a runner (reminds me of TCU QB this year as a runner).

I think Riley stays until he wins a national championship or at least 8 - 10 years trying. The defense is getting close to making the championship a possibility.

Any concern Grinch jumps ship? He has interviewed for HC jobs two straight seasons now.

5 minutes ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Yeah we’ll definitely see on your first point, you’ll need to keep the run game going like it was towards the end of the season for that to happen, but wouldn’t shock me.

As for the second paragraph, that was exactly the point I was making. You or I understand sitting a couple of years would probably benefit him and that he’s only a play away but both those things were true of Mordecai, then Morris. That’s shown to not be enough for many these kids who have tens of thousands of people telling them how great they are by the time they’re Juniors in high school. And neither of those dudes were no. 1 ranked QB out of high school.

I think Mordecai (4th year) and Morris (2nd) are different from Williams. Both the M's are already behind someone for at least another year. Plus, there is a real possibility that they could be passed by someone who is their junior within several months.

In addition, we've now seen Mordecai play. He isn't terrible, but he's not going to lead OU to conference or national titles. Morris is TINY for college football. He may be the same height as Kyler Murray but Murray has 50 lb of muscle on Morris.

2 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Any concern Grinch jumps ship? He has interviewed for HC jobs two straight seasons now.

Yes, I think there is concern. If he gets a great offer, I think he'd any time going forward. There are few factors to consider.

- Defensive assistants are less attractive than offensive for head coaches right now.

- He hasn't sustained success.

- Bias against Big12 defense persists.

If OU has similar or better defenses in 2021 and 2022, his record will be unassailable. By that time, he should be a candidate for high level P5 positions. One can envision Tenn or Penn St or FSU coming after him. Any OU fan should only wish him well.

37 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

So who can we pull from Bama with Sark? Bring on the Brocks?? lol jk

Trey Sanders was rumored to be unhappy. So... maybe?

I'd like to see JoJo Earle follow in the footsteps of his Aledo brethren and pull off Ryan Newsome shuffle and somehow end up in Austin before ever going to Bama (also, i dont recall the details of the Newsome saga at all and could be badly mischaracterizing what happened)

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Trey Sanders was rumored to be unhappy. So... maybe?

I'd like to see JoJo Earle follow in the footsteps of his Aledo brethren and pull off Ryan Newsome shuffle and somehow end up in Austin before ever going to Bama (also, i dont recall the details of the Newsome saga at all and could be badly mischaracterizing what happened)

Trey Sanders had a season-ending foot injury two years ago and was involved in a serious car accident this year. Last I saw him he was in a wheelchair. He may be en route to a medical retirement.

53 minutes ago, B00M said:

Would we want him back? As electric as he appeared, wtf is wrong with him? Why is he drifting around CCs?

Lol I’m pretty sure this dude flunked out - iirc was pretending he was gonna go to Oregon only to resurface at a JC. So unless he’s learned to play school really well since then, no we won’t be seeing him back at texas (and even then, it’d only be as a student).

Edited by ChemicalHorn
Auto-correct

On 1/2/2021 at 12:58 PM, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Trey Sanders had a season-ending foot injury two years ago and was involved in a serious car accident this year. Last I saw him he was in a wheelchair. He may be en route to a medical retirement.

So the Kirk Johnson plan.....sign him up.

18 hours ago, texifornia said:

18 hours ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Robert Barnes (Oklahoma) in the portal. Top 100 recruit in 2017, SLC kid. Played safety but moved to LB last offseason. Probably wasn't seeing the field too much.

https://247sports.com/player/robert-barnes-81947/

Terry was a dependable stand up DL at OU but was being passed on the depth chart by guys with better pass rush ability. Barnes (OU legacy) knows where he's supposed to be but lacks the quickness, agility, and speed to be a useful top flight safety. Younger LB were passing him on the depth chart.

Both of these guys were useful depth for OU and would have eaten up innings vs mediocre competition next year. Because they'd been in the system and were smart players, they'll be a loss. Neither is irreplaceable. Both could revive their careers in the right system. Best wishes to them both.

More critically to 2021, OU OT Adrian Ealy declared for the draft, joining Creed Humphrey. So OU's two best OL are leaving.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

Hopefully the days of us getting outsmarted by Gary fucking Patterson are over because this is actually a good pickup for them

Duggan 2.0

Wonder if he's a better passer.

For the Sooners offense, Stevenson is the only other likely departure. For the defense there are still several possible draft declarations:

Likely: Perkins, Winfrey
Possible: Thomas, Bonitto

All of the defensive guys had a better year than OT Ealy (who seems like a day 2 guy at best to me) so it wouldn't surprise me to see all four level.

Edited by quigley

15 minutes ago, quigley said:

Duggan 2.0

Wonder if he's a better passer.

For the Sooners offense, Stevenson is the only other likely departure. For the defense there are still several possible draft declarations:

Likely: Perkins, Winfrey
Possible: Thomas, Bonitto

All of the defensive guys had a better year than OT Ealy (who seems like a day 2 guy at best to me) so it wouldn't surprise me to see all four level.

What's the latest on Brooks?

10 minutes ago, ChampionshipLevelPiss said:

What's the latest on Brooks?

Brooks and Redmond are both supposed to back. OU would benefit from both of them returning in good form.

I anticipate OU will still go after a portal RB because the room is still light (Brooks, Henderson, Major, McGowan).

I think that they should left Redmond slim down and play DE. Stacey Wilkins is the other opt out who the Sooner need to get back after recruiting misses in 2021.