Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/29/2019 at 3:23 PM, Pig Bellmont said:

Because the fucking Browns have been so great in drafting and developing successful qbs? 🙄 Yeah. Mayfield winning a few games was an absolute lock. Maybe not as much of a lock as him publicly fighting with his coach, but a lock - at least to discerning fans like you. 

Just because they have been bad drafting in the past doesnt mean the #1 pick is going to be garbage.  He's obviously a gamer and the nfl isnt too big for him.   It was a lock to anyone who watched how the browns were building talent around him.   Don't be surprised if they make the playoffs this year.  

On 4/16/2019 at 2:26 PM, alincoln said:

NFL teams are worried that KM has the lowest and shortest throwing radius of any QB in NFL history.  

We'll find out in a few days just how worried they are about that. 

On 4/16/2019 at 2:33 PM, Buddy Hinton said:

Now that is a legitimate concern. I personally wouldn't take him #1. Not so much because of height, but there are safer picks at the top of round 1. You can't afford to miss at the top of round 1. That is a job loser

Yeah but that's how gambling works. It paid off in cleveland. He has the potential to be a bust but also potential to be a real game changer. 

On 4/16/2019 at 4:05 PM, Vertigo said:

He should take that and speedy gonzalez out of the draft. Better long term earning prospects and longevity with those kinds of guarantees in baseball. Even if he doesnt see a second contract, that little ewok will be far better off health wise.

Or  he can go make 20+ million in that first nfl contract.  if he flames out he can go ride the bus in the minors for a few years.  

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Eh, at least VY got to do this:

article-2544209-1AE2AD4600000578-551_634

Too bad he cant get off his lazy ass to do a junk job that was given to him out of pity.  It's unfortunate for him that the moment in this photo being the high point of his life.  My how the mighty have fallen.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 15

6 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Eh, at least VY got to do this:

article-2544209-1AE2AD4600000578-551_634

Been a few minutes since an OU qb's even had the chance to do that. 

Lol, that photo is 14 years old bro. talk bout 'been a few minutes'.    Bradford 'had a chance' to do that in January 2009, which was more recently than this photo.  Technically Mayfield and Murray had a chance too. Not a very good one, but a chance!

Edited by Greg Focker
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 12

4 minutes ago, Greg Focker said:

Too bad he cant get off his lazy ass to do a junk job that was given to him out of pity.  It's unfortunate for him that the moment in this photo being the high point of his life.  My how the mighty have fallen.

Just waking up everyday with a degree from a great university is a high point. Can't say the same for all the inbreed OU grads and their unranked university. 

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/university-of-oklahoma-3184

LMAO

At least your football team is ranked though, right? 

"Ranked in football, unranked in everything else that actually matters."

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Just waking up everyday with a degree from a great university is a high point. Can't say the same for all the inbreed OU grads and their unranked university. 

Lol.  yeah, his youth and community studies degree is pretty incredible, I have to say. Is he even employed?  

• Fuck You 6

3 minutes ago, Greg Focker said:

lol, that photo is 14 years old bro. talk bout 'been a few minutes'.    

We've both won a title and played for one more recently than you chokers who regularly fall on your faces on the national stage, embarrassing the conference over and over.

• Like 2

Just now, Scholz said:

We've both won a title and played for one more recently than you chokers who regularly fall on your faces on the national stage, embarrassing the conference over and over.

So what though? You think that's something to be proud of? A 2006 texas fan would slap you for using that as smack talk.   you guys had shit to be proud of back then, now,  it's just good enough to have the more recent dusty ass trophy.   No wonder texas hasnt even won the big 12 in a decade, too low of standards.

Anyway, give me 3 appearances in the playoffs to the garbage you've had to go through as a texas fan any day of the week.   

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

3 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Yeah.  By your Mom.

Shit, he couldnt afford my mother. 

3 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Off topic, but does anyone know if Kyler's arms are long enough to hold up a trophy like that? 

As long as they're long enough to sign that 25 million dollar contract.

• Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Greg Focker said:

I'm not even the one who brought up old titles, you're bitching at the wrong person.   out of midol already?

You're the sooner fag that brought up a QB from 14 years ago. 

I pointed out that said QB had at least won a title, rather than falling down like a little girl whenever someone gets near him. 

3 minutes ago, Greg Focker said:

I'm not even the one who brought up old titles, you're bitching at the wrong person.   out of midol already?

No, you're just salty Cryler couldn't get it done thus you started attacking VY.  Stupidly too because our national title is more recent than yours, a fact you still can't grasp.

1 minute ago, Greg Focker said:

Someone tried to say Murray had a low wonderlic.  I was just comparing it to the dumbest qb in the history of CFB.  Why do you take issue with that?

Oscar Davenport says hi. Also the "dumbest qb" won a national championship. VERRRYYYY NICEEEE!!!

Just now, Scholz said:

No, you're just salty Cryler couldn't get it done thus you started attacking VY.  Stupidly too because our national title is more recent than yours, a fact you still can't grasp.

What's to be salty about? I just thought it was humorous to compare the wonderlic between Murray and the lowest IQ Qb in the history of the game. 

• Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Scholz said:

You chokers haven't won a title in almost 20 years despite many chances.  That's why.

So what?  At least they're relevant.   We OU fans are very happy with the trajectory of the program. I havent  had to suffer through a losing season in over two decades.   Half your team has been through it. Probably more. 

Edited by Greg Focker
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Scholz said:

So you're choke artists on the national stage.  Relevant in terms of a nice regional team.  I'll grant you that.

Do you even remember 2000?

At the end of the day, there's only 1 team who doesnt choke any given season.   At least they didnt choke in the big 12 championship game.  Once they get better talent on defense,  they'll win one. It wont ever happen again for  texas, they cant even get out of the big 12 conference.  You arent going to the playoffs without winning the big 12.  Better go back to shit talking academics, it's all they got.

• Fuck You 4

Just now, Scholz said:

lulz

yep, and now with Riley they are getting commits from players who hold offers from texas, bama, ohio state etc.  Stoops had to steal defensive talent out  from iowa state,  baylor, virgini and washington type teams. That clearly is changing for the better.  I remember years back stoops couldnt even get a 5 star to call him back. Now Riley is getting 5 star commits to go with those visits.  Future is very bright, im thinking at least 6  big 12 championships in a row. 

• Fuck You 6

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

Just another blowu coach who chokes like a dog on the big stage.  Like bowl flop bob.

Least he has a nice resume that recruits are loving.  He's an offensive wizard who is talking big time D players into committing. He's building something big and it's going to be pretty fun to watch.  Buckle up.   Anyway, maybe your own coach , if he can actually win the big 12, get a chance to flop on the big stage. but until then, daddy OU runs this conference.  

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

Riley has lost to Herman twice.

It's funny, he lost to him twice and went to the playoffs each time. guess it wasnt that big of a deal?  But when Riley beat herman, it certainly was a big deal.  Because playoffs! Better to have played and lost to have never played at all i always say. Plus, I get a sneaking suspicion contending for the playoffs every single year helps recruiting. Could be wrong, but i mean, OU has never had 3 straight top 10 classes before either...

• Fuck You 4

Just now, Scholz said:

Congrats.  Like I said.  Nice regional team you have.  Congrats on buying the refs in the Big XII title game last time.

Hey as long as they keep winning the big 12,  and getting top 10 classes, they'll alway contend for championships.   It's working better than whatever you guys are doing. 

• Fuck You 4