Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

15 hours ago, markstanco said:
15 hours ago, Tex Pete said:
Colt McCoy and Robert Griffin both nearly had their careers ended by huge hits. Both are pretty elusive and much bigger than Kyler Murray. 

Good point. I can't recall KM getting rocked a bunch of times though. He seems to pass and miss the big hits, ducks down and take the L, or runs out of bounds.

Yeah dudes afraid of contact, watched him take a big loss multiple times last year instead of maybe getting hit. I guess counterpoint is they were never hurting for big plays to make up those yards with him back there.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First throw was off the back foot and largely luck that he got it out in front of the LB to his man; If I'm an AZ fan I'm worried about that throwing mentality, but gunslingers gonna gunsling I guess. The last throw was really damn nice, dime down the sideline. Props for that one. In balance, in rhythm, on target and on time.
You have to accept that from gunslingers. They are going to make throws that leave you in awe and the very next play will have you like WTF?! I am a Dallas fan so Romo was a very poor man's Favre. You just have to hope the ups outweigh the lows by a good amount. Many never do. Gunslingers are entertaining to watch from a neutral view. I just don't really prefer them for my team.

But you can't really try and coach it out if them. It's what got them to the level they are at.

I'm in the camp that Murray and Mayfield will both be good pro QBs. Not sure how good but I don't think they are going to suck. Mayfield should be the better of the 2 though at this level.

Good point. I can't recall KM getting rocked a bunch of times though. He seems to pass and miss the big hits, ducks down and take the L, or runs out of bounds.
I never got why so many on here criticized him for this. I mean I guess because this is Texas board and he's at OU. But I don't want my QB to go out there and start taking unnecessary hits. Fuck that. This is a QBs game. You don't win without one so I want mine standing up to play. I also want one smart enough to know this and to avoid them when possible.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
20 hours ago, markstanco said:

I never got why so many on here criticized him for this. I mean I guess because this is Texas board and he's at OU. But I don't want my QB to go out there and start taking unnecessary hits. Fuck that. This is a QBs game. You don't win without one so I want mine standing up to play. I also want one smart enough to know this and to avoid them when possible.

I think you figured it out. 

On a more serious note, I think you're right in that they'll both be good but Baker should be better.  Not sure I see anything better than 'good' in their future but I'd take being a good NFL QB.  

On 7/28/2019 at 12:35 PM, capnamerca said:
First throw was off the back foot and largely luck that he got it out in front of the LB to his man; If I'm an AZ fan I'm worried about that throwing mentality, but gunslingers gonna gunsling I guess. The last throw was really damn nice, dime down the sideline. Props for that one. In balance, in rhythm, on target and on time.

Now analyze him if he played for texas.

Ready?

First throw was off the back foot and largely luck that he got it out in front of the LB to his man; If I'm an TX fan I'm worried about that throwing mentality, but gunslingers gonna gunsling I guess. The last throw was really damn nice, dime down the sideline. Props for that one. In balance, in rhythm, on target and on time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

After the noisy yellers and downright idiots are filtered out, most of us here are pretty complimentary of Kyler's skill set and achievements. He clearly wins, and he's clearly freakishly talented. He didn't start well with us 6 years ago, and he deserves some shit for that, but his on-field results speak for themselves.

Mayfield chokes on cock by choice. Fuck him.

2 minutes ago, capnamerca said:

Ready?

First throw was off the back foot and largely luck that he got it out in front of the LB to his man; If I'm an TX fan I'm worried about that throwing mentality, but gunslingers gonna gunsling I guess. The last throw was really damn nice, dime down the sideline. Props for that one. In balance, in rhythm, on target and on time.

You're not a Texas fan? 

10 minutes ago, capnamerca said:

After the noisy yellers and downright idiots are filtered out, most of us here are pretty complimentary of Kyler's skill set and achievements. He clearly wins, and he's clearly freakishly talented. He didn't start well with us 6 years ago, and he deserves some shit for that, but his on-field results speak for themselves.

Mayfield chokes on cock by choice. Fuck him.

let us not forget he was a cunt at the cotton bowl  . he is a great talent AND a giant douche . fuck 'em both 

23 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Colt McCoy and Robert Griffin both nearly had their careers ended by huge hits. Both are pretty elusive and much bigger than Kyler Murray. 

Shit, I got a Rat Terrier bigger than the chocolate midget. He will be out of the NFL in less than three years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rabidhorn said:

Shit, I got a Rat Terrier bigger than the chocolate midget. He will be out of the NFL in less than three years.

The NFL is close to flag football on QB's.  He may hang around.  Where is Jack Lambert when you really need him?  James Harrison still in the league?  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 7/28/2019 at 12:35 PM, capnamerca said:

Now analyze him if he played for texas.

Yeah ... 'cuz you know, this board is famous for overlooking Texas qb flaws.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, markstanco said:

Like mark Sanchez and joey Harrington who only lasted 3 years?

On edit, maybe you should hit the edit button. Sheesh dude, WTF.

First question is WTF are you talking about? Sanchez and Harrington? are they 5'6 and 165 pounds?

Hit the edit button dude so what you said makes sense.

17 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

The NFL is close to flag football on QB's.  He may hang around.  Where is Jack Lambert when you really need him?  James Harrison still in the league?  

Fuck James Harrison, still think there needs to be a hit put out on him after the Colt criminal assault.

First question is WTF are you talking about? Sanchez and Harrington? are they 5'6 and 165 pounds?
Is kyler 5'6 and 165? Everybody said he would get destroyed in D1 football. He won the heisman and didnt. Kyler is bigger than doug flutie was and he lasted until he was 40.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
10 hours ago, Rabidhorn said:

Is kyler 5'6 and 165? Everybody said he would get destroyed in D1 football. He won the heisman and didnt. Kyler is bigger than doug flutie was and he lasted until he was 40.

Doug Flutie drop kicked an extra point. No way Kyler ever does that. Maybe he gets drop kicked for an extra point....

Edited by Rudiger

James Harrison is a massive piece of shit on the field. Dirty fucker. His cheap shot ass is most likely part of the reason the rules have been changed.

8 hours ago, markstanco said:
16 hours ago, Rabidhorn said:

Kyler took a couple of big shots against us, but his team was better than most he played, so he didn’t get hit a lot. Every team in the NFL has players as fast as him and will take shots at him. 

15 hours ago, markstanco said:
23 hours ago, Rabidhorn said:

Way more parity and physicality in NFL

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Forgot this was on. How did the little cunt look? Saw his stats.

All short throws, because their O-line sucks shit through a straw. Was on target with some zip, was able to escape pressure with his legs. As usual, went down to the ground when he saw the first sign of trouble, which he has to do at this level if he wants to survive.

16 minutes ago, SKA the boss said:

So which is more likely...
a short, mobile qb with a shitty O line constrained to quick, short throws becomes an elite NFL qb
or
NFL def coordinators with large, fast players figure out some schemes to make him one dimensional and running for his life?

No middle ground, huh lol? I know we want him to be terrible, and he’s a shithead according to what we know about him, but he is a freak athlete with a really good arm. I’m not saying he’s going to have a career like Mike Vick (at all) but he reminds me of Vick more than anyone who has been in the league since Vick retired. Dump offs to David Johnson are going to help him out quite a bit. 

28 minutes ago, SKA the boss said:

Nice comparison. Amazing college qb.
So, you’re picking the floor?

I’m just saying there are worst situations he could’ve gone to, IMO. Who knows what kind of HC kliff will be, but he’s not Jeff Fisher, or some lame duck coach that isn’t going to put his offense in a position to make the most out of their talent. He has a chance to be really good

Edited by youdunnf'dup

10 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’m just saying there are worst situations he could’ve gone to, IMO. Who knows what kind of HC kliff will be, but he’s not Jeff Fisher, or some lame duck coach that isn’t going to put his offense in a position to make the most out of their talent. He has a chance to be really good

I would imagine kliff will be the kind of head coach he was at tech. Where he got fired. And was replaced by a guy from Utah State. 

If their gm didn't have such a hard-on for McVay kliff would be an assistant at a bad usc team. 

But I do agree that the midget didn't look too bad.  At least better than I hoped anyway. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, pops said:

I would imagine kliff will be the kind of head coach he was at tech. Where he got fired. And was replaced by a guy from Utah State. 

If their gm didn't have such a hard-on for McVay kliff would be an assistant at a bad usc team. 

But I do agree that the midget didn't look too bad.  At least better than I hoped anyway. 

For the record, I’m not predicting that kliff is going to be a good head coach. I could easily see a scenario where he’s consistently letting his defense hang out to dry, and putting them in some really tough spots (kinda like chip Kelly did with Philly). I just don’t think his offense will put Kyler Murray in a position to fail the same way other coaches have put their young qbs in a position to fail. And he’s obviously really fucking talented. Let’s put it that way. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Jerry is trying damn hard to join that club.  

Nah, 8-8 fo-evah. Gotta stay mediocre and sell hope and tickets. He knows if he goes full Browns he'll lose money. 

On a positive note, Stephen seems to be significatly less retarded when it comes to running a team.  

Jerry is trying damn hard to join that club.  

This is such a lazy argument. The Cowboys are nowhere near the worst run team in the league. Could it be better? Absolutely. But they win more games than they lose, by a considerable margin the last 4-5 seasons, and successfully navigated a changeover from a franchise quarterback without missing much of a beat. Dallas, however, is in a spot where if it doesn’t win the Super Bowl the season is a failure. It’s like the Yankees in MLB.

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

This is such a lazy argument. The Cowboys are nowhere near the worst run team in the league. Could it be better? Absolutely. But they win more games than they lose, by a considerable margin the last 4-5 seasons, and successfully navigated a changeover from a franchise quarterback without missing much of a beat. Dallas, however, is in a spot where if it doesn’t win the Super Bowl the season is a failure. It’s like the Yankees in MLB.

It’s actually better to be fucking bad and get good picks vs a first round playoff loss every year.  

But Jerry has backed off a bit and Stephen seems better.   You are cool with mediocre.  That’s fine.

13 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I dunno. I don’t think anyone outside Dallas and their fans thinks that’s a super bowl team.