Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

17 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

If the Browns win more than 8 games this season, I will eat my hat

That would be pretty cool to watch. What makes you think they wont? I mean without the hate. They won 7 games last year.  Behind taylor they tied the steelers, and then lost to the saints by 3. It might be reasonable to suggest browns win 8 games if mayfield starts at least one of those 2 games.  They lost 3 games last year by 3 or less points, so those could have went either way.  Now they got kareem hunt, OBJ, and chubb/mayfield are no longer rookies. They got a real nice OC who ran tampa bay's #3 offense last year.   I do not see them taking a step back this season.  But i guess they could. Why do you think they cant win 8?  They are going to be a big ole thorn in the side of the afc contenders.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

That would be pretty cool to watch. What makes you think they wont? I mean without the hate. They won 7 games last year.  Behind taylor they tied the steelers, and then lost to the saints by 3. It might be reasonable to suggest browns win 8 games if mayfield starts at least one of those 2 games.  They lost 3 games last year by 3 or less points, so those could have went either way.  Now they got kareem hunt, OBJ, and chubb/mayfield are no longer rookies. They got a real nice OC who ran tampa bay's #3 offense last year.   I do not see them taking a step back this season.  But i guess they could. Why do you think they cant win 8?  They are going to be a big ole thorn in the side of the afc contenders.

Despite the fact the Brown’s are everyone’s favorite playoff pick this season, I don’t buy it. The league has tape on Mayfield now, and OBJ is an overrated head case whose best catch came in a game the Giants lost. The Ravens are more dangerous than most think and the Steelers (while not what they once were) are not guaranteed victories for the Browns. I think 8-8 is their ceiling. 

18 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Despite the fact the Brown’s are everyone’s favorite playoff pick this season, I don’t buy it. The league has tape on Mayfield now, and OBJ is an overrated head case whose best catch came in a game the Giants lost. The Ravens are more dangerous than most think and the Steelers (while not what they once were) are not guaranteed victories for the Browns. I think 8-8 is their ceiling. 

They went 7-9 last year with hue Jackson as their head coach, baker only playing half the games, and they added OBJ and Kareem Hunt will join the team halfway through the year. Baker is a year older now, and they don’t have the worst head coach in the history of the league. 8-8 is probably their floor, tbh. I’ll say 10-6 but 11-5 wouldn’t shock me. They have the best defensive line in football. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

Doubt he makes 5 years.

He's already set a record for tds as a rookie.  Had a qb rating last season that was higher than a bunch of vets who have been playing a long time. With a team who went 1-31  before he got drafted.   But sure, 5 years is the ceiling , cuz he sucks and that's just all there is to it.   But if you legit dont think he'll last 5 years, what did you see last year that would make you honestly believe that?  Dude just seems like he's pretty good at playing quarterback.   Keep in mind chase booger daniel has been in the nfl for 10 years. 

Edited by Glenn Quagmire Pilot

5 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Interesting, so they increase talent almost everywhere but will not be any better than they were last year.   I think one underrated facet about them will be their defense, they have been drafting really well on that side lately.  garret is coming into his own and that greedy williams, looks good.

The league had tape on jared goff too. You cite beckham being overrated and a head case.  I say he's a hall of fame talent , 2x all pro wr who has had 1000 yards every year of his career that didnt end in injury.  He had 1000 yards and  five 100 yard games last season, and his qb is an aging, declining eli mannining.   Since beckham came to the league the only time manning was a pro bowl qb, in 2015,  obj had 1400 yards and 13 tds.  He's the best wr on that roster now and it's not even close.  They still have jarvis landry, who had nearly 1000 yards last year himself.  And an improved OC, another pro bowl rb in kareem hunt.  8 win ceiling huh. Alright, i guess, if you say you but that might be a little biased to say they arent capable of winning more than 8 when they won 7 last year. 

Here's an interesting tidbit about Baltimore- Only two qbs threw 300+ yards against them all year. Mayfield did it twice, the other was Mahomes. I do agree though Baltimore will be salty, probably will win that division.  But they're gonna lose once to the Browns. 

5 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Such stupid logic. The NFL had tape on Mayfield years ago. He might have a slump but it won’t be because the NFL figured him out. 

Edited by Irieguy

They went 7-9 last year with hue Jackson as their head coach, baker only playing half the games, and they added OBJ and Kareem Hunt will join the team halfway through the year. Baker is a year older now, and they don’t have the worst head coach in the history of the league. 8-8 is probably their floor, tbh. I’ll say 10-6 but 11-5 wouldn’t shock me. They have the best defensive line in football. 

With any luck, they have the grail already.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

He's already set a record for tds as a rookie.  Had a qb rating last season that was higher than a bunch of vets who have been playing a long time. With a team who went 1-31  before he got drafted.   But sure, 5 years is the ceiling , cuz he sucks and that's just all there is to it.   But if you legit dont think he'll last 5 years, what did you see last year that would make you honestly believe that?  Dude just seems like he's pretty good at playing quarterback.   Keep in mind chase booger daniel has been in the nfl for 10 years. 

Well if you say he sucks then fine. 5 years is his ceiling because the horseshit offense they run will be unravelled this year and will be yesterdays news start of next season. As for your comparison to Chase Daniels, I don't see dickwad ever holding a clipboard, not in his DNA.

Edited by Alien Octopus

2 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Well if you say he sucks then fine. 5 years is his ceiling because the horseshit offense they run will be unravelled this year and will be yesterdays news start of next season. As for your comparison to Chase Daniels, I don't see dickwad ever holding a clipboard, not in his DNA.

Some people are so good that the only reason they hold a clipboard is because they arent eligible to play. I bet he would though, even a minimum salary backup makes good money.  But regarding saying he sucks, yeah, i mean of course he sucks. Dude had to sit on the bench for 2 games as a rookie. What a piece of dog shit, if he was so good he would have started all 16 games and made pro  bowl. 

Well first off, they have a new offensive coordinator, so if you want others to unravel their offense, they may have to deal with  figuring out a whole new one first.  But winston ran that offense in TB last year well enough to be #3 in the nfl, and i imagine Mayfield will be able to work with it too.    Im not sure if the nfl has figured out how to keep obj out of the game.  Im willing to bet he has a really good year now that he has a talented qb.

19 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

Some people are so good that the only reason they hold a clipboard is because they arent eligible to play. I bet he would though, even a minimum salary backup makes good money.  But regarding saying he sucks, yeah, i mean of course he sucks. Dude had to sit on the bench for 2 games as a rookie. What a piece of dog shit, if he was so good he would have started all 16 games and made pro  bowl. 

Well first off, they have a new offensive coordinator, so if you want others to unravel their offense, they may have to deal with  figuring out a whole new one first.  But winston ran that offense in TB last year well enough to be #3 in the nfl, and i imagine Mayfield will be able to work with it too.    Im not sure if the nfl has figured out how to keep obj out of the game.  Im willing to bet he has a really good year now that he has a talented qb.

I think my dog could of started for the Browns, sitting for two games BFD. New OC not withstanding, Dickwad plays/played the same offense he did in Highschool, it will be interesting if anyone ever makes him do anything else, and how he handles it.

8 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

I think my dog could of started for the Browns, sitting for two games BFD. New OC not withstanding, Dickwad plays/played the same offense he did in Highschool, it will be interesting if anyone ever makes him do anything else, and how he handles it.

Yes but your dog probably would start on a 1-31 team but they would have been 1-47 at the end of the year. It would be interesting to see. It would be interesting to see if he himself improved over last year and became a better qb. Baltimore had a nasty D last year. Only gave up a 300 yard passer three times all year.  Somehow Mayfield did it twice.  Even after having a whole season of film on him, and having faced him before, he still played his game.  All I know is he keeps proving people wrong, but eventually a broken clock is right so if you keep saying how he'll fail, it'll all come together when he has a bad few games, that's inevitable too.  But you gotta admit, his intangibles as a leader and a  baller usually means he responds well to that, he doesnt just crater and become useless.  He's just so easy to like if you are a fan of his team. He's so easy to hate for the same reason.  I'd probably hate his guts if weren't a fan of his, he's that kind of guy.  But deep down we all kinda secretly enjoy a guy who plays like he does, and is a cheerleader for his team and goes to battle for his guys, though sometimes it gets a bit excessive.    I think i like that more than Murray who downplays things probably too much 

Edited by Glenn Quagmire Pilot

I would love to see some Vegas tickets for everyone in this thread betting against the Browns to lose 8 games. 

It's the fucking Cleveland Browns. They don't have the toughest schedule but they get the Rams, Hawks and Patriots in 3 of the first 7 games. Let's see how they handle that slate before we go handing them 11 wins this season. 

Again, it's the Browns. I still have faith that they will find a way out of the playoffs. 

59 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I would love to see some Vegas tickets for everyone in this thread betting against the Browns to lose 8 games. 

It's the fucking Cleveland Browns. They don't have the toughest schedule but they get the Rams, Hawks and Patriots in 3 of the first 7 games. Let's see how they handle that slate before we go handing them 11 wins this season. 

Again, it's the Browns. I still have faith that they will find a way out of the playoffs. 

I took the over on 9 only because if it hits 9 it'll cancel, and i'm fairly certain it wont be 8.  I wouldnt do 9.5. though. 

3 hours ago, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

plays like he does, and is a cheerleader for his team and goes to battle for his guys, though sometimes it gets a bit excessive.  

you can do all of this and not act the way this dipshit does . but you prolly say the same about mixon as well 

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

It really boils down to what do you think of Baker. He’s easily the best qb they’ve had in the last 20 years, regardless of whether or not he meets expectation. And, like i said earlier in the thread, they have arguably the best dline in football. 

Watching them crash and burn would be wildly entertaining, and that’s what I Hope happens. I just don’t think it will. 

16 minutes ago, mr.goodkat said:

you can do all of this and not act the way this dipshit does . but you prolly say the same about mixon as well 

Yeah, cant please everybody.  Whatever he does works and all his teammates seems to really respect the hell out of him and he has a firm hold of the team as a leader.  Some things you cant coach and I think that is a big thing at this level.   It's the biggest reason why manziel was a complete failure where mayfield will excel.      No, mixon isnt the same type of guy as mayfield at all.  Not even on the same planet. 

I really hated him at blowU and I still hate Baker, but these officials got me rooting for the little Ewok. Fuck he's just clapping his hands how the hell is that a false start? Booger is such an idiot.

Jesus this defense is dogshit. Making Chucky look like a genius. Just spider 2 Y banana their ass every play.