Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

4 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

I dunno. I don’t think anyone outside Dallas and their fans thinks that’s a super bowl team. 

This dude doesn't reside in Dallas and thinks they're a pretty good team: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/23/pfts-pre-training-camp-for-most-teams-power-rankings/

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

This dude doesn't reside in Dallas and thinks they're a pretty good team: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/23/pfts-pre-training-camp-for-most-teams-power-rankings/

Fair enough. Same guy predicted a Packers ravens super bowl last year too tho 

Edited by Glenn Quagmire Pilot

4 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

Fair enough. Same guy predicted a Packers ravens super bowl last year too tho 

The bottomline is they're nowhere near one of the worst-run franchises. From 2007-2017, they had the 6th most wins in the NFL and finished .500 or better 8 out of the ten years. 

Are they a well-run franchise? Maybe, for the last 4-5 years or so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

It’s actually better to be fucking bad and get good picks vs a first round playoff loss every year.  

But Jerry has backed off a bit and Stephen seems better.   You are cool with mediocre.  That’s fine.

The point is they’re not mediocre. They’re above-average at worst.

1 hour ago, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

I dunno. I don’t think anyone outside Dallas and their fans thinks that’s a super bowl team. 

I don’t necessarily mean this year. That’s the expectation seemingly every year.

36 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The point is they’re not mediocre. They’re above-average at worst.

I don’t necessarily mean this year. That’s the expectation seemingly every year.

How the fuck is Dallas not mediocre?  44% of the league makes the playoffs.  They have 4 playoff wins since 1996.  They define mediocre.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Math
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

How the fuck is Dallas not mediocre?  44% of the league makes the playoffs.  They have 4 playoff wins since 1996.  They define mediocre.  

The Cowboys are 111-81 with five division titles since 2007. As somebody said up-thread, that's the sixth-best record in the league over that time. It hasn't necessarily translated to post-season success but they've won a few of late and dropped a pair of heart-breakers against the Packers. Yes, they were a complete dumpster fire for 3-4 years in the early '00s and I'm not calling them elite or great by any stretch. Again, they're like the Yankees in that people think they suck and had a shitty season if they don't win the championship.

3 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The bottomline is they're nowhere near one of the worst-run franchises. From 2007-2017, they had the 6th most wins in the NFL and finished .500 or better 8 out of the ten years. 

Are they a well-run franchise? Maybe, for the last 4-5 years or so. 

Isn’t it sad that you’re finding it somehow necessary to say that the bottom line is they’re nowhere near one of the worst run franchises? That’s not the litmus test for a successful franchise. 

2 hours ago, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

Isn’t it sad that you’re finding it somehow necessary to say that the bottom line is they’re nowhere near one of the worst run franchises? That’s not the litmus test for a successful franchise. 

Not at all, they were being compared to the Browns and Cardinals. Reading can be hard sometimes: 

On 8/9/2019 at 7:49 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

Jerry is trying damn hard to join that club.  

Fuck OU.  I could give two shits about Kyler Murray.  His Dad was aggy until they shit on him and ran him off after a foot injury.   Kyler attended aggy, he got pissed off and left aggy.  Then he went to OU, sat out a year and  got lucky with some great OU receivers like Hollywood Brown.  Fuck aggy Murray and fuck OU Murray and fuck his prima donna daddy.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lemonandaturd said:

Fuck OU.  I could give two shits about Kyler Murray.  His Dad was aggy until they shit on him and ran him off after a foot injury.   Kyler attended aggy, he got pissed off and left aggy.  Then he went to OU, sat out a year and  got lucky with some great OU receivers like Hollywood Brown.  Fuck aggy Murray and fuck OU Murray and fuck his prima donna daddy.  

Lmao.  He got lucky.  😂

• Like 1

If he had stayed with Sumlin, he would have been ruined.   He got lucky going to OU.  

I’d say he was a little bit lucky that Riley was just up the road with a way better system and available to bail him out of his stupid decision. But he definitely earned his props while there.

The rest of your post is spot on and deserves a rep.

13 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

You can’t just combine that kind of arm talent with that kind of speed/quickness and say he’s lucky. He’s a shithead who is a really good football player. 

17 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Not at all, they were being compared to the Browns and Cardinals. Reading can be hard sometimes: 

I Find reading to be quite easy actually. But reading your post, you never mentioned anything about them “being compared to the Browns and Cardinals”.    You  Mention specifically about some meaningless ‘bottom line’ that they’re not one of these garbage franchises.   But now both of those garbage  franchises have franchise quarterback‘s and they both look better than Prescott 

33 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

I Find reading to be quite easy actually. But reading your post, you never mentioned anything about them “being compared to the Browns and Cardinals”.    You  Mention specifically about some meaningless ‘bottom line’ that they’re not one of these garbage franchises.   But now both of those garbage  franchises have franchise quarterback‘s and they both look better than Prescott 

Just curious, did you get an OU education? Oklahoma high school? 

If the answer is yes, then that explains a whole lot. 

An important part of reading is understanding context. Just a few posts above mine was the post comparing the Cowboys to the ineptitude of the Browns and Cardinals. It's not usually necessary to explain the context of every post. Well, I guess maybe in this case it might help compensate for your below average reading comprehension skills?  

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

Just curious, did you get an OU education? Oklahoma high school? 
If the answer is yes, then that explains a whole lot. 
An important part of reading is understanding context. Just a few posts above mine was the post comparing the Cowboys to the ineptitude of the Browns and Cardinals. It's not usually necessary to explain the context of every post. Well, I guess maybe in this case it might help compensate for your below average reading comprehension skills?  

While your question is completely irrelevant, I am from The East Coast. Where one is educated has no bearing to this discussion, or the validity of a persons opinion.

I fully well understand the concept of context, I was responding to a single post, not really caring about all the other BS drivel that you typed out on here. Bottom line, the Browns would take a big giant steamy wet shit on the Cowboys right now. But no doubt about it, they would beat the Cardinals. Here’s another bit of something to take to the bank: they will continue their post season nothingness with Prescott. As a fan of the 49ers, I understand mediocrity when I see it.

25 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

While your question is completely irrelevant, I am from The East Coast. Where one is educated has no bearing to this discussion, or the validity of a persons opinion.

I fully well understand the concept of context, I was responding to a single post, not really caring about all the other BS drivel that you typed out on here. Bottom line, the Browns would take a big giant steamy wet shit on the Cowboys right now. But no doubt about it, they would beat the Cardinals. Here’s another bit of something to take to the bank: they will continue their post season nothingness with Prescott. As a fan of the 49ers, I understand mediocrity when I see it.

I had no idea Tulsa was on the East Coast. 

LOL, what a hot take. The Cowboys have a top 5-6 defense coupled with a mediocre to good offense.. No team is going to take a "steamy wet shit" on them. Might have one Garret special where they get shut out or score 3 points, but that's about it.  

BTW, keep the shit-takes coming. It's mighty boring around here for the next 3 weeks. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

Murray is very good.  But he's going to be overcome by the suckage of the Cardinals.  6 wins is the roof, and that would be a great year.
Cleveland, not so much.  They are very good now.  I mean really good, like 10 wins good.  And while I don't give a fuck on August 11 if they're theoretically better or worse or whatever than Dallas or Tom Brady or who the fuck ever, they're good and the culture has changed.

Cleveland will be in the playoffs this year, might even win the division.  Yeah, that fucking historically abominable since the Beatles first hit America Cleveland.

40 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

They can’t block. The defense is going to go from bad to worse. KK is going to be a deer in the headlights. I think it’s going to be pretty bad. We’ll know soon enough I guess.

Last year they refused to throw the ball to DJ in the first half of the season. I think that’ll change drastically this year considering Johnson is one of the best pass catching backs in the league. 

They might be bad, but I don’t see any scenario where they don’t improve on 3 wins. That as the O/U is kinda ridiculous IMO. If you want to put it at 5, sure. I think they’re probably a 6-10 type of team.

On 8/11/2019 at 1:26 PM, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

But now both of those garbage  franchises have franchise quarterback‘s and they both look better than Prescott 

This thread is reaching an unhealthy dose of Soonerism. 

Edited by ztejas

On 8/11/2019 at 10:26 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

You can’t just combine that kind of arm talent with that kind of speed/quickness and say he’s lucky. He’s a shithead who is a really good football player. 

He gonna get flattened in the NFL and it will be glorious to watch. All of the speed is not going to mean shit when the safeties start fucking him up. Can't wait.

6 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

He gonna get flattened in the NFL and it will be glorious to watch. All of the speed is not going to mean shit when the safeties start fucking him up. Can't wait.

The beauty of the internet is that you can actively hope and wish for someone to see all his hopes and dreams die because rivalry. 

1 hour ago, Alien Octopus said:

That would certainly be best case scenario. But if he thrives, it wouldn’t shock me even a little bit. Shouldn’t shock you either. 

23 minutes ago, Glenn Quagmire Pilot said:

Mayfield is a bigger dick than Murray will ever be. May as well aim the vitriol toward him because he’s the one who is gonna be annoying the hell out of opposing fan bases for the next 15 years 

If the Browns win more than 8 games this season, I will eat my hat