Texas Women's Basketball 2020-2021 "A New Era"

LTtxfan

Staley and Vic overlapped Vic's entire MSU tenure

• 2013 - 46-60 L, 43-58 L (his first team)
  • 2014 - 64-71 L
  • 2015 - 50-69 L
  • 2016 - 51-57 L, 52-66 L (SECT)
  • 2017 - 61-64 L, 49-59 L (SECT), 55-67 L (NCAA Champ game)
  • 2018 - 67-53 W, 51-62 L (SECT)
  • 2019 - 89-74 W, 68-64 W
  • 2020 - 79-81 L, 62-76 L (SECT)

3-3 in the last 6 meetings. 

The end of the game on Maryland's last possession reminded me of the movie 'Miracle' in the context of Brooks(Kurt Russell) calling out the fact the Russian coach didn't know how to handle the situation with 5 seconds left.  

Here's to getting some more gravy to go with the dump truck full of gravy we have already got.

51 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I will be shocked if Rickea Jackson isn’t  transferring to Texas. 

Her mom has been liking some of my tweets on Twitter suggesting a transfer to Texas. 

Vic may have to make some room for Hayes and Jackson. Could see Holle and Coleman leave. Maybe Chevalier too with the two elite PGs coming in. Lambert I think could use the COVID year if she wanted to stay and not count as a scholarship. 

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Vic may have to make some room for Hayes and Jackson. Could see Holle and Coleman leave. Maybe Chevalier too with the two elite PGs coming in. Lambert I think could use the COVID year if she wanted to stay and not count as a scholarship. 

I think Johnson will likely transfer. Aston recruit and she's going to be behind Ebo and Gaston. Then Texas will keep adding more talent. 

Just from seeing Johnson in limited minutes this year she's going to need at least a couple more years of development before she sees significant minutes. 

Vic signed a fairly big '20 class with several Aston recruits. I think a couple of those players will transfer but I hope Chevalier isn't one. She's going to be very good IMO. 

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She hasn’t seen much playing time in the tournament. One reason is the big guards we have faced. Maybe she gets opportunity against SCe

True but she did some very good things in the Big 12 tournament. Texas doesn't beat Iowa State without her. 

Either way, I think Texas will want both Hayes and Jackson so they're gonna have to find attrition somewhere. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Stumbled into this game in the middle of the 3rd quarter. Full disclosure this was the 1st ladies game I watched any of all year. 

It took about 3 possessions to recognize a truly well coached team with an excellent game plan designed to attack the specific opponent. As someone said upthread it is really refreshing to go into a matchup in any sport and feel like you have a coaching advantage.

9 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Bueckers might have the best touch I’ve ever seen from a women’s basketball player. Her pace and feel are incredible.

Silky smooth. Rewrote the freshman record books for UConn which is SICK considering who has gone through that program 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

NCAA men’s needs to implement the timeout to advance the ball rule

This rule change is just like with going to quarters.  Men’s college is always the last level to make progressive change. This is a rule change year so who knows.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

This rule change is just like with going to quarters.  Men’s college is always the last level to make progressive change. This is a rule change year so who knows.

Both would be great changes for the men’s game 

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Baylor waited too late to go.  Once you saw she wasn’t open in the post, you’ve got to go to plan B. 

Plan B was apparently dribbling the air out of the ball into a double team and forcing up a bad shot.  What a shame.

• Hook 'Em 1