Texas Women's Basketball 2020-2021 "A New Era"

LTtxfan

Like she said, it's about timing.

She's 58.  If she wants to go home and rebuild a program, this is it.  Vic went home at 60, so Kim can go home at 58.  LSU is the program to go rebuild if you want to go home, she's not stepping down to LA Tech or Louisiana.  If she says no this year, someone else gets the job for 5 years and then she's 63-64 and trying to do a rebuild. 

With the portal the way it is, anyone of her current players or HS signees or portal transfer commits (the Alabama PG transfer, for one) can just follow her to Baton Rouge.  The time between rebuilds is a year, now, not 2-3. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Geaux on home, Kim.  Let's see what happens with some of her players - NaLyssa Smith, Hannah Gusters, Sarah Andrews, Queen Egbo, Caitlin Bickle.  

Jaden Owens, Chrislynn Carr and Jordan Lewis are all transfers from other programs - do they stick around? 

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

I don't think this is about money. LSU is considered home. 

Very similar to Chris Beard. 

That’s how it will be framed but it seems the consensus is she’s mad about the location of their new arena.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

It will be much much worse.  

Probably. Tech to Texas makes sense.

Baylor, where they’ve won the conference title 11 straight times, 12 straight Sweet 16s, and 3 NCAA titles (and likely the favorite for next year) to LSU, who hasn’t won the SEC since 2008 or been to a Final Four or Elite 8 since Bush was POTUS, makes little sense. 

Vic from MSU to Texas was similar, but at least we had a nice run of Sweet 16s and an Elite 8 a few years back. 

The lure has to be going home, facilities and knowing the transfer portal means you can rebuild in an offseason. Still good talent in there and her current players can enter by July 1 to play next year for her. 

Trading Vic for Dawn is...rough. Dawn has built something already at SCe that’s not going to be knocked off the SEC perch in a year. And aggy, Georgia, Tenn, MSU....

Edited by Js1

Baylor will likely go big on their search (?) - Walz, but he flirts with every high profile job which might give the AD pause, or Wes Moore, a Dallas native. 

Otherwise some really unlikely choices thrown around like Cori Close (Westwood to Waco, hahahaha) or Adia Barnes (at her alma mater)

Edited by Js1

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Baylor will likely go big on their search (?) - Walz, but he flirts with every high profile job which might give the AD pause, or Wes Moore, a Dallas native. 

Otherwise some really unlikely choices thrown around like Cori Close (Westwood to Waco, hahahaha) or Adia Barnes (at her alma mater)

We could cut our WBB HC salary in half and still pay $1.3M a year. I'd expect someone in that range. 

23 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

We could cut our WBB HC salary in half and still pay $1.3M a year. I'd expect someone in that range. 

Walz is at $1.5 so likely a no go

Moore is at 750k

Close is at like 500k (?) I think

Barnes is at 580 but it is her alma mater

If you believe it:

Let me begin by saying I am former BU men's BB player, former coach, former Asst. Supt. of large Houston suburban school district. I know Kim well.  
This pissing contest is not a new thing between the two. It all started shortly after Mack arrived. At the first C of C luncheon where the introduce all the area college HCs. Mack was introduced before Kim and Drew and he had his spiel and was asked about the status of the Ferrell Center, build new or renovate, etc. He said decision was on hold because the money was not there. When Kim spoke she immediately jumped on her supporters and supporters of BU basketball and urged them to "dig deep in those hip pockets" and lets get this done. Mack took offense and confronted her. Numerous things have happened between the them since then including Mack trying to cut her budget. She is well liked by at least 4 other HC that I know of. Mack has also riled the feathers of at least 2 other HCs. We have 2 really big egos. Mack--Napolean. Kim--self-made alpha dog. Apparently, there was no resolution for Kim. She was not fired. She is the new HC at LSU. Georgia HC is BU's next HC. Score another one for good 'ole BU admin. and board. I am done.

31 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Joni Taylor - 119-65. Never has gotten past the second round or finished higher than 3rd in the SEC.

First round, missed tourney, second round, missed tourney, COVID (would have missed tourney), second round. 

Sounds perfect.

52 minutes ago, Pancho said:

If you believe it:

2 servings for me pls and enjoy every bite.

3 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Sounds perfect.

2 servings for me pls and enjoy every bite.

Vic has only lost to Joni Taylor once.  Gotta be happy with that. Mulkey is Baylor WBB - players chose Baylor for her, not the school.  Just like Geno, Tara, Dawn, etc.  Texas has had multiple coaches recruit top-tier talent to Austin (Jody, Aston and Vic) 

2016 43-47

2017 58-49

2017 86-62

2019 80-71

2020 73-66

2020 67-53

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Reading their board, there are serious posts about the following coaches Baylor “go get”:

Geno 

But then, Gail G’s name is all over that board. A lot of them really love her for some reason.

😂😂