Minneapolis is Burning-+* The moderators and admins of this site are TERRIBLE and STUPID and IGNORANT.

6 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Seems to me that the people in the DT just don't enjoy hearing reality. And the reality is that people are dying of Covid, getting beaten by the police, protesting and rioting, even fucking sports(you know, that thing we all came to this website for in the first place) got cancelled, so this is their version of "America being great" and it fucking sucks dick. And if you even try to point it out one little bit they come at you like you hate America and shit. 

So you were trying to point something out but couldn’t help going political. That’s what is annoying. 
Just so I’m clear, you think because I can separate news from politics I don’t know sports are cancelled? Clearly you hate America. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Iceman said:

About 2 years ago the 'community' changed.  I toughed it out for a year and finally said, "Fuck it."

It's almost like there's been some sweeping and bedrock shift in the way our country runs that has moved away from equity and towards thecorruption and perversion of justice. 

Nah, couldn't be that

11 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Seems to me that the people in the DT just don't enjoy hearing reality. And the reality is that people are dying of Covid, getting beaten by the police, protesting and rioting, even fucking sports(you know, that thing we all came to this website for in the first place) got cancelled, so this is their version of "America being great" and it fucking sucks dick. And if you even try to point it out one little bit they come at you like you hate America and shit. 

I mean, except for all the threads on DT dealing with every one of those topics, you pretty much nailed it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Captainant said:

It's almost like there's been some sweeping and bedrock shift in the way our country runs that has moved away from equity and towards thecorruption and perversion of justice. 

Nah, couldn't be that

or the way people discuss it... and to your point, a strong faction of folks who believes only one side has fallen prey to corruption and perversion of all of it.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, McFly said:

So you were trying to point something out but couldn’t help going political. That’s what is annoying. 
Just so I’m clear, you think because I can separate news from politics I don’t know sports are cancelled? Clearly you hate America. 

Hey, you're right. I shouldn't generalize like that. DT is definitely not the conspiracy nonsense echo chamber that is texags or tiger droppings. 

It's just that all of these things suck, and the person who is currently in power to do something about it only makes it worse and creates more problems for everyone. And people are just frustrated with it.

Edited by Pam Cummings

35 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's just that all of these things suck, and the person who is currently in power to do something about it only makes it worse and creates more problems for everyone. And people are just frustrated with it.

Maybe it's time some of them looked past the person currently in power in Washington and focused a little more on the people perpetually in power in their cities.  Minneapolis hasn't had a Republican mayor in nearly six decades.  If the Minneapolis police department is still systemically racist, it has very little to do with Donald Trump.

Edited by TriStone
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Hey, you're right. I shouldn't generalize like that. DT is definitely not the conspiracy nonsense echo chamber that is texags or tiger droppings. 

Lulz

48 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Maybe it's time some of them looked past the person currently in power in Washington and focused a little more on the people perpetually in power in their cities.  Minneapolis hasn't had a Republican mayor in nearly six decades.  If the Minneapolis police department is still systemically racist, it has very little to do with Donald Trump.

It's dumb shit like this man. You really gonna pretend like Bob Kroll isn't a person who exists?

I posted a YouTube video in the Cloak Room from an African-American minister who watched tape of white people kneeling before African-Americans and he commented that this was the exact definition of racism.  He said we are all seen as equals in God's eyes and no one should ever have to bow before anyone else due to their race.  So far the video has seven responses and all seven were neg reps and I am sure every one of those neg reppers see me as the racist and not themselves.  The Cloak Room has become a precinct of the Thought Police and if you think anything different than it is open season for you.  The authoritarians in the Cloak Room would get a standing ovation from the Chinese government. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

It's dumb shit like this man. You really gonna pretend like Bob Kroll isn't a person who exists?

That dumb shit is nothing but fact.  Cities run their police departments.  Mayors run the cities.  Minneapolis hasn't had a Republican mayor in over fifty years.  Trump is the commander-in-chief, not the commander in police chief.  Hell, even a knucklehead like Shawn King realized this.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, Captainant said:

Nah, couldn't be that

Or maybe a sweeping shift in the way our country looks at issues that has moved away from logic, reason, and ration to knee jerk emotional reactions that don't solve anything but make the people who use them feel better about themselves.  Nah, couldn't be that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

16 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Bob Kroll is a piece of shit.  What of it?  Did Trump hire him?  Did Trump continue to employ him?  Did Trump promote him through the ranks of the MPD?  I'm just a big dummy, so explain to me how responsibility for Bob Kroll falls at Trump's feet, and not the government of the city of Minneapolis 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Bob Kroll is a piece of shit.  What of it?  Did Trump hire him?  Did Trump continue to employ him?  Did Trump promote him through the ranks of the MPD?  I'm just a big dummy, so explain to me how responsibility for Bob Kroll falls at Trump's feet, and not the government of the city of Minneapolis 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/minneapolis-police-union-department-reform-kroll-arradondo-george-floyd-blm-2020-6%3famp

What's really hilarious is how people like you straight up ignore the fact that people have been trying to reform that police department for years. And they get cock blocked every damn time. Hmmmmm i wonder why.

Yeah man we definitely shouldn't be worried about Trump backing these types of people. For fuck's sake it's right there in front of you.

Edited by Pam Cummings

6 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/minneapolis-police-union-department-reform-kroll-arradondo-george-floyd-blm-2020-6%3famp

What's really hilarious is how people like you straight up ignore the fact that people have been trying to reform that police department for years. And they get cock blocked every damn time. Hmmmmm i wonder why.

Yeah man we definitely shouldn't be worried about Trump backing these types of people. For fuck's sake it's right there in front of you.

Kroll has been around long before Trump took office. Why didn’t Klobuchar or Obama do anything about him ?

• Like 1

Were I a resident of Minneapolis, I'd worry more that my government felt like it was a good idea to employ him and promote him repeatedly over the last thirty years than some jackass propping him up at a few political rallies over the last four years.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Does Trump also fuck your wife when you dissatisfy her?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Were I a resident of Minneapolis, I'd worry more that my government felt like it was a good idea to employ him and promote him repeatedly over the last thirty years than some jackass propping him up at a few political rallies over the last four years.

Hence the protests.....

Also you think he can just be fired? Because i'm pretty sure he'd be gone by now if it was that easy.

ALSO lol at "some jackass".....yeah that dude is the president which is kind of an important detail. Kind of a lot of influence involved with that job. And he uses it to promote this guy.

Edited by Pam Cummings

57 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

What's really hilarious is how people like you straight up ignore the fact that people have been trying to reform that police department for years.

And I find it equally hilarious how people like you straight up ignore the fact that this guy was enabled by the Minneapolis city government.  How many democratic State Attorneys General and democratic city/county prosecutors looked the other way over the last thirty years and enabled his behavior?  Who's been attempting the reformation?  Why have they been unsuccessful?  If the political affiliation of the PotUS is a factor, why wasn't the cleanup completed successfully during the eight years that President Obama held the White House?

Also you think he can just be fired? Because i'm pretty sure he'd be gone by now if it was that easy.

He was surely protected by his union.  Still has fuckall to do with who sits in the White House.

ALSO lol at "some jackass".....yeah that dude is the president which is kind of an important detail. Kind of a lot of influence involved with that job. And he uses it to promote this guy.

No, promoting him is what the democratic government of the city of Minneapolis did.  Over and over again.

Edited by TriStone
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Trump has featured Kroll at one of his campaign rallies

Literally elevated him on a national stage, and talked at length about how the cops just aren't being allowed to do their jobs anymore.

It's a pretty fair assessment to say that he was directly supported and empowered by being brought on stage and told over and over how respected and powerful he is by the president of the US.

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Trump has featured Kroll at one of his campaign rallies

You think this is worse than the series of local prosecutors who looked the other way and enabled him over the last three decades?

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's a pretty fair assessment to say that he was directly supported and empowered by being brought on stage and told over and over how respected and powerful he is by the president of the US.

It's also fair to say that his continued employment and promotion through the ranks of the MPD happened under the watchful eye of the Minneapolis city government.

• Like 1

Yeah man, democratic politicians and the City government of Minneapolis merely existing as this dude became the head of the police union is totes the same as Trump endorsing this fucktarded behavior. Get real.

It's also quite hilarious to ignore that if it hadn't been this racist asshole, it would have been some other racist asshole heading that police union. Because, and i know this concept is hard to grasp, this isn't about any one police officer. It's about our police culture.

Edited by Pam Cummings

18 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah man, democratic politicians and the City government of Minneapolis merely existing as this dude became the head of the police union is totes the same as Trump endorsing this fucktarded behavior. Get real.

Merely existing?  They hired him, they promoted him, they looked the other way after every shady action.  Over and over again.  Do you think they didn't see him, or do you think their inaction was a tacit endorsement of his methods?  You get real.  You rail against Trump but you'd be first in line to cast your vote for Amy Klobuchar, and she's far and away more responsible for the current state of the MPD than Trump.

21 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Because, and i know this concept is hard to grasp, this isn't about any one police officer. It's about our police culture.

Almost as hard to grasp as the idea that the government of the city of Minneapolis is responsible for the Minneapolis Police Department, a distinction I'm sure you'd have no trouble recognizing if Minneapolis had been run by Republicans for the last six decades.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I'm legitimately curious to know how it is that a cop hired in 1989 is the fault of any politician in the last 6 years. You understand that these union people have basically insulated themselves from repurcussions, right? That that is a huge part of the problem? And yes, i realize that some democratic politicians played a role in that.

I'm astounded but not surprised that you continue to ignore the fact that people have been trying to reform that police dept for a long ass time. Again, hence the protesting and disbanding of that dept.

Edited by Pam Cummings

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm legitimately curious to know how it is that a cop hired in 1989 is the fault of any politician in the last 6 years.

Well as you said, it's a culture.  I cited Amy Klobuchar because she declined to bring charges in more than two dozen police shootings and other civilian fatalities during her time as prosecutor.  That contributed to the MPD's culture far more than Trump having Kroll speak at a campaign rally.

I'm astounded but not surprised that you continue to ignore the fact that people have been trying to reform that police dept for a long ass time. Again, hence the protesting and disbanding of that dept.

Trying and failing I guess.  Who was standing in their way?  Because I'd put my money on local government interests.

11 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Shut up with your both sides bullshit.

Both sides?  What other side is there in Minneapolis governance?

Wait so it's Amy Klobuchars's fault for not prosecuting the police who are protected by the union who Bob Kroll is the head of. Because clearly Bob Kroll is an ethical person who wouldn't paint that as being anti-police and anti-america. Anything to distract from the fact that this guy clearly speaks for most Trump voters.

Edited by Pam Cummings

Wait so it's Amy Klobuchars's fault for not prosecuting the police who are protected by the union who Bob Kroll is the head of. Because clearly Bob Kroll is an ethical person who wouldn't paint that as being anti-police and anti-america. Anything to distract from the fact that this guy clearly speaks for most Trump voters.

Yes, let's get rid of unions. I think a lot of people will agree with that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Wait so it's Amy Klobuchar's fault for not prosecuting the police who are protected by the union who Bob Kroll is the head of.

Yes.  Cops murder because they believe they can act with impunity.  Klobuchar, along with her predecessors and successors, reinforced that belief by looking the other way.

Because clearly Bob Kroll is an ethical person who wouldn't paint that as being anti-police and anti-america.

Irrelevant, unless you're saying she looked the other way to protect her political career.

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

holy shit you fucktards

this thread is about moderation and you just can't fucking help yourselves trying to inform everyone how important your team is and how the other team is a bunch of retards.

but we are YOUR fucking retards...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Lobo
9 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You’re probably dead serious with your Real Simple quip. Why do I think so?  Because you’re a fucking weirdo. 

There's the most special lady in town!  I was getting worried you weren't following me from to post to post.  

Always great to get called a weirdo by you, instead of just being placed on ignore.  Should we call the rest of the Sig Ep house and see who's on what list...or?  

Guest Lobo

You are a goddamn patriot, sir.  I honestly love how you  glob onto one random post of mine for 3 years or so.  That lunch I claimed to have with Fenves, I think it was one of the last ones you commented on when it was shaggy.  You mentioned it over and over again until I had to get off that site.  And then we picked up back here and we both had to leave the new site for myriad reasons.  But you got the prison rape thing down cold with the thread on the guys that shot the young Black jogger.  And now you've got your sights on my obviously fake story about the Aggie grocery shopper/mask commentator guy.  If only you used your powers for good.  You follow the same few posters around and we don't mean you any harm man, you've got great stuff to say on a great many topics.  And you're obviously not Rex Kramer.  And as such, we applaud you.  

Many of us have been there man, where you are now.  Totally happy to trade bullshit banter back and forth with you on a Monday night while you're getting sauced instead of other people having to put it up with you.  Gothcha Fam...

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo

Okay, then here's me begging you to put me on ignore.  You're starting to behave like you did last time Robert had to have a talk with you for using my real name twice on the site.  July 2018.  It was a rough time for you man, but we believe in you sport!  Or you could just quit following me from post to post like last time it got weird.  

Edited by Lobo

15 hours ago, TriStone said:

Yes.  Cops murder because they believe they can act with impunity.  Klobuchar, along with her predecessors and successors, reinforced that belief by looking the other way.

Irrelevant, unless you're saying she looked the other way to protect her political career.

Amy Klobuchar not trying to take down the head of the police union is the same as Donald Trump giving white nationalism a platform. Yeah bud sure. What exactly did he do that would have been within her realm of control, btw? How do you propose she should have gone after him? 

Edited by Pam Cummings

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

Okay, then here's me begging you to put me on ignore.  You're starting to behave like you did last time Robert had to have a talk with you for using my real name twice on the site.  July 2018.  It was a rough time for you man, but we believe in you sport!  Or you could just quit following me from post to post like last time it got weird.  

Instead of posting a long ass soliloquy every time he responds to your post, why don’t you follow your own advice and put him on ignore? You seem just as obsessed and maybe a little more so at this point.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

I think our cat 'n mouse game gave him something to do at night instead of drunkenly berating others.  But yeah, fair point.  

Dumb question---I clicked on his profile...where is the ignore function?  I know people do it all the time with me,  but I honestly don't know how to do it.  There's no tab for it on a poster's profile.  

Edited by Lobo

Guest Lobo

I know, and the sad part is I only went to UT for 2.5 years.  I'm sorry, it's not you...it's me.  We should see other people.  I think we should both go on ignore.  

but for reals, somebody tell me how to do that.  I'm looking at the profile page and there's no option for it.  

Edited by Lobo

25 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t drink during the week and rarely drink. 

You should.  We are getting a new Bill & Ted movie.   And Fitlump is running for Austin City Council with the support of the Travis County GOP.

I'm not sure how the two are related, but drinking might help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Welcome to America, where one person being bad at their job/one city failing to police their police in a place where i don't live means it's not OK for me to criticize the president promoting white nationalism.

Pam, serious question. Do you stand on street corners downtown with a bullhorn and let everyone know your political opinions?
Do you stop people in the grocery store, restaurants and bars and let them know how you feel about Trump?

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Pam, serious question. Do you stand on street corners downtown with a bullhorn and let everyone know your political opinions?
Do you stop people in the grocery store, restaurants and bars and let them know how you feel about Trump?

You Know It GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

I know, and the sad part is I only went to UT for 2.5 years.  I'm sorry, it's not you...it's me.  We should see other people.  I think we should both go on ignore.  

but for reals, somebody tell me how to do that.  I'm looking at the profile page and there's no option for it.  

Account, ignored users, add ignored user.