DC statehood

Nice Guy Eddie

36 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Listen, you are obviously fine with a one party America. Just say that. It’s ok.  

Well since you are apparently fine with an insurrection in the Capitol and attempted murder of the VP after your party loses I guess that is ok.

Stop being a fascist and maybe you will be treated like an adult again. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Well since you are apparently fine with an insurrection in the Capitol and attempted murder of the VP after your party loses I guess that is ok.

Stop being a fascist and maybe you will be treated like an adult again. 

Cool. Still posting senseless bullshit, but at least that’s more palatable than your typical racial slurs. Glad to see you are progressing. 

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Cool. Still posting senseless bullshit, but at least that’s more palatable than your typical racial slurs. Glad to see you are progressing. 

Look. I know and understand that you’re pissed that you can’t say racial slurs and racial jokes in public anymore so you direct your anger at me. It’s ok. I can handle it. 

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Look. I know and understand that you’re pissed that you can’t say racial slurs and racial jokes in public anymore so you direct your anger at me. It’s ok. I can handle it. 

Lol. Sure.  One of us have used the word, we know that for sure.  It just happens to be you. But keep avoiding it, I’m certain our AA posters here didn’t really mind. 

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Here you go. Maybe you can figure it out. 

Yep. That’s right. I’ve met plenty of racist fucks like yourself who are pissed they can’t say that in public anymore. Why don’t you go suppress some more black votes or something. 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah. I specifically asked if the board thinks the country is ready for one side to have power indefinitely, which is what this will bring.   I know this particular board wants that, but I’m guessing that’s not indicative of most of the country.  So kindly go fuck yourself.  

Hmm.  Perhaps you were asleep on November 3rd and the week following.  It seemed to me the country was screaming loud and long about what they wanted.  The only thing that seems to be holding us back are procedural rules.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Listen, you are obviously fine with a one party America. Just say that. It’s ok.  

One party is intent on governing.  They other couldn't hack it in the real world and are using cushy, secure jobs to scam their way through life.  

So, yeah, one party is all we need right now.

29 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I just knew you couldn’t bring yourself to type the N word. A bridge too far for you. 

Yeah. It’s a bridge too far for most of society.  Apparently not for you, though.  Sad.  Also, n-word?  Come on Jimmy, we know that’s not the way that  you say it. 

Edited by fattyflattie

Just now, Bullneck said:

One party is intent on governing.  They other couldn't hack it in the real world and are using cushy, secure jobs to scam their way through life.  

So, yeah, one party is all we need right now.

Thank you for your honesty. It’s refreshing.  I’m certain you wouldn’t feel that way if it wasn’t your team winning, but is what it is.  DC and PR literally game the math where it will never be overcome. Congrats. 

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Hmm.  Perhaps you were asleep on November 3rd and the week following.  It seemed to me the country was screaming loud and long about what they wanted.  The only thing that seems to be holding us back are procedural rules.

And I would have gotten away with it if it weren’t for those meddling voters

• Hook 'Em 1

Thank you for your honesty. It’s refreshing.  I’m certain you wouldn’t feel that way if it wasn’t your team winning, but is what it is.  DC and PR literally game the math where it will never be overcome. Congrats. 

Why will it never be overcome? Are the GOP incapable of reaching out to new voters? Seriously dude come the fuck on. The job is getting people to vote for you. If the GOP can’t do that then they aren’t equipped for the job.

• Hook 'Em 3

So I assume flatty voted for Trump and then all D down ballot bc one party rule is bad?  In 2016 and 2020. And you must have voted D in 2018 too or else it would have been 2 more years of one party rule. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

Why will it never be overcome? Are the GOP incapable of reaching out to new voters? Seriously dude come the fuck on. The job is getting people to vote for you. If the GOP can’t do that then they aren’t equipped for the job.

This is 100% correct.  Fatty is coming at it from a singular point in history and is assuming that voters will never change.  It's not reality.  However, it IS reality that the GOP has given up on trying to bring forth ideas that appeal to voters outside of what they already have.  They know they cannot win because their ideas are horrifying to most people.  Their only recourse is to stop people from voting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

So I assume flatty voted for Trump and then all D down ballot bc one party rule is bad?  In 2016 and 2020. And you must have voted D in 2018 too or else it would have been 2 more years of one party rule. 

I didn’t vote it ‘20. Was out of town for a lot longer than anticipated and did not do the mail in stuff.   Not sure I was going to vote that go around, anyhow.   

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

He voted for trump and all down ballot republicans because just like Adolf hawley his soul is dipped in dogshit. His rants on this board are meaningless.

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

This is 100% correct.  Fatty is coming at it from a singular point in history and is assuming that voters will never change.  It's not reality.  However, it IS reality that the GOP has given up on trying to bring forth ideas that appeal to voters outside of what they already have.  They know they cannot win because their ideas are horrifying to most people.  Their only recourse is to stop people from voting.

Do you feel NY or CA will vote red in your lifetime?   Or DC?    

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

They would be better represented by being their own state. They would have a governor who has actual authority over the space governed. They would be larger in population than I believe three states and virtually equal to two or three others. So why the uneven influence for citizens in Dakota or Vermont? Why are their votes worth more than 700,000 people in DC?

So I guess you’re not actually for splitting the Dakotas are you? 

and they would have full budget autonomy.  

I didn’t vote it ‘20. Was out of town for a lot longer than anticipated and did not do the mail in stuff.   Not sure I was going to vote that go around, anyhow.   

Hahahaha. I thought you were gonna claim you voted libertarian instead. But you went with the dog ate your homework.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

PR just re-elected a Republican as resident commissioner. GOP could sweep PR and cancel out DC with some effort/salesmanship.

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

When the GOP has given up on trying to court new voters?  No.  No I don't.

Ok so should we just play the same game?  D’s will never effectively get the Dakotas and WY and MT because they are not trying to court those voters.  Stupid.  

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

PR just re-elected a Republican as resident commissioner. GOP could sweep PR and cancel out DC with some effort/salesmanship.

PR is unlikely to be a D stronghold. It’s socially conservative and religious 

Sure.  

Do you disagree? Why are you under the impression that states are some static voting entity that never changes. States are comprised of people who have different wants and needs. Are you honestly this fucking stupid that you can’t understand that politicians should appeal to voters? Do  you think parties should just tell us what we want or that we the voters should shape policy?

If you’re older than 50 you’ve seen the Southern strategy take hold and flip both parties, a redCalifornia switch to all blue, and Virginia become reliably D. Political migration happens. Realignment happens. Media happens. People also get crazier. We’re seeing college educated folks rushing to states and cities for affordability within the last 2 years to raise families and people solidly voting for Obama in Iowa lose their fucking minds in the last 8.

Quit sounding like fucktards about bringing in new states. It’s always political, it never hasn’t. it’s always a flex of muscle.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Fuck you. I wouldn’t have a problem telling you if I did.  But i didn’t vote.  I can tell you 100% I wasn’t pulling the lever for Joe, though. 

I know you would never pull the lever for joe because you are a piece of shit. I also know you voted for Trump for the exact same reason.

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Ok so should we just play the same game?  D’s will never effectively get the Dakotas and WY and MT because they are not trying to court those voters.  Stupid.  

I wouldn't be so cocksure about Montana. After all, they currently have one Democratic Senator and had two from 2006 through 2015. So, yes, Democrats have tried to court those voters and have recent wins in doing so. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just admit you’re a hypocrite who only likes one party rule if it’s GOP and don’t support admitting any new states unless they are going to only vote red. Quit pretending and deflecting 

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

I wouldn't be so cocksure about Montana. After all, they currently have one Democratic Senator and had two from 2006 through 2015. So, yes, Democrats have tried to court those voters and have recent wins in doing so. 

Democrats won in Montana and Ohio in 2018 and put in the work courting voters in Arizona and Georgia in 2018 and 2020 and flipped both. 

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

If you’re older than 50 you’ve seen the Southern strategy take hold and flip both parties, a redCalifornia switch to all blue, and Virginia become reliably D. Political migration happens. Realignment happens. Media happens. People also get crazier. We’re seeing college educated folks rushing to states and cities for affordability within the last 2 years to raise families and people solidly voting for Obama in Iowa lose their fucking minds in the last 8.

Quit sounding like fucktards about bringing in new states. It’s always political, it never hasn’t. it’s always a flex of muscle.

Yeah every state admittance has been done mostly if not at least partially for political reasons.   There’s a reason republicans have been able to maintain a strong presence in the senate, when not controlling it outright. 

Wait, I thought Stassneyhorn was a liberal who thought I used to be too conservative or something?  Or is he the red-headed one who stands to inherit money from his parents stock portfolio or something?  I can't keep you fuckers straight.  

The 1993 and 2014 debacles are excellent proof about why most of the mechanisms discussed on this thread won't work...again.  

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Just admit you’re a hypocrite who only likes one party rule if it’s GOP and don’t support admitting any new states unless they are going to only vote red. Quit pretending and deflecting 

I’m not in favor of one party rule. I’m not in favor of changing the rules when the fortune is in your hands. You want 13 justices, OK. But I don’t want to hear anything if our country continues to deteriorate and president Tucker and Vp S Miller get a chance to put 40 more in.   

I’m the piece of shit?  Who between us uses racial slurs? Fuck yourself. 

Yes you are the piece of shit. I’m not the republican here. You are.

Yes you use racial slurs. You are the Republican here. Do you deny that?

I don’t know how to fuck myself. Perhaps you can show the board.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wait, I thought Stassneyhorn was a liberal who thought I used to be too conservative or something?  Or is he the red-headed one who stands to inherit money from his parents stock portfolio or something?  I can't keep you fuckers straight.  

The 1993 and 2014 debacles are excellent proof about why most of the mechanisms discussed on this thread won't work...again.  

What is this in response too? I never thought you were too conservative, just a moron who can’t make one post a day that isn’t offensive to women or a crutch on funny movie references.  My inheritance is having two parents in their late 60s with stocks at a million and a half. Hardly a gotcha