Liverpool FC: 20 for 20-21

Firemans4Horn

Buy some parts because your front 3 are afraid to score now. 

I feel like I've been complaining for last 3 years about how nobody will take a shot unless its wide open...so many times I've seen them try to be to cute and try to pass thru all the defense when they could just try a laser from just inside the penalty area

We can complain about not getting a penalty all day but the truth is the offense is not firing the ball in enough. They're not attempting to try something. They get the ball inside and then push it back out or cross it over. How many times in the past 3 draws/loss have we seen Bobby, Mane, and Mo not shoot a ball they normally would've in previous years? Palace gave us all a false sense of hope that the team could still score without Jota. A team with Mane, Bobby and Mo should be able to put more than 1 shot on goal before the 2nd half. Jurgen needs to fix this shit quickly. United and City seem to have it figured out finally. Just at the time we're falling apart. 

Edited by mdmost

What a weird funk.  Results since 12/1

Ajax - W 4-0

Wolves - W 4-0

@Midgetland - W 1-0

@Fulham - D 1-1

Spurs W 2-1

@ Palace W - 7-0

West Brom D 1-1

@ Newcastle D 0-0

@ Southampton L 0-1

Some fantastic games and some head scratchers.  Not sure if they're tired and need the weekend off for the FAC or do we put it on trying to get straight?

4 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

Well I'm pretty sure this 3 game stretch of shit will cost us the league

firemans laughed when i said that on 85' but we needed 4 points from these 3 games, not 2, when the expectation was 9.  if we fall 2 or 3 points short at the finish, this will be the stretch where the missing points were lost.

15 hours ago, mdmost said:

We can complain about not getting a penalty all day but the truth is the offense is not firing the ball in enough. They're not attempting to try something. They get the ball inside and then push it back out or cross it over. How many times in the past 3 draws/loss have we seen Bobby, Mane, and Mo not shoot a ball they normally would've in previous years? Palace gave us all a false sense of hope that the team could still score without Jota. A team with Mane, Bobby and Mo should be able to put more than 1 shot on goal before the 2nd half. Jurgen needs to fix this shit quickly. United and City seem to have it figured out finally. Just at the time we're falling apart. 

It starts at the back. We can't play our normal high/aggressive line with Fabinho and Henderson as defenders. Trent / Robbo can't race down the sidelines when they have to cover for the lack of D. Klopp's whole system falls apart without VVD.

2 hours ago, texanbychoice said:

1b2328e507d041baa4e71ce2304daca8.jpg

last year was a bit funky, but this year has been more even. It's Leicester everyone should be whining about (on pace for 22 for just this year alone).

Leicester 10

Brighton 6

Man United 6

Chelsea 5

Liverpool 5

City/Spurs/Arsenal at 3.

West Ham, Burnley, and West Brom at 0.

......not to mention Leicester's for/against on penalties awarded is a ridiculous +9 so far this year.

https://www.myfootballfacts.com/premier-league/all-time-premier-league/premier-league-penalty-statistics/

Edited by yoladu

16 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

What a mess. Just cancel the game. 

all the memes and recalls yday about not being able to fill out a first team because of circumstances out of the club's control were  pretty funny.  I'd forgotten it was Villa when the main team was in Qatar,

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I don't think goals against Villa's youth team are going to be the magic elixir to get the offense back right but that's why I'm not a football manager. 

Klopp chimed in:

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp speaking to BT Sport recalling when he heard about the Villa Covid outbreak: "Yesterday we sat in analysis meeting with coaches and someone opened the door saying Villa had problems. Then later we were told a lot of their first team players were out. Then they said the training ground had shut down. Then we later learned of their situation.

"This is the side we would have started with tonight because we trained like that.

"For the boys it's nice they can play. So far they [Villa's senior players] are all fine. I wish they all come back quickly.

"If we will win clear they will say something. if we don't win clear they will say something. Who cares? We want to go to the next round. What scenario will they say 'that was brilliant from Liverpool'?"