Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

56 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I don't think he's an idiot, I think he's biased. Too much Kool Aid is bad for you.

i dont actually care what happens to kyle himself, but do take glee in seeing the morons worm themself into a pretzel trying to explain their way out of stupidity.

"ya but i was just feigning dumb to warn you guys about the dangers of media manipulation" lol.

as if this thread wasn't over 15 months old and theres not a receipt of all of our takes from day0 of the event.  truth of event was clear as vodka except for those swilling the koolaid

43 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

That's what they are really mad about.  A white guy defending himself against lawless thugs on their team.

As someone else noted, it is funny glancing through the old Garrett Foster thread (Austin guy carrying a long gun that got shot after he brandished it), and the many of the same guys ripping Rittenhouse oddly have sympathy for Foster and do not seem concerned with his carrying or his insane social media posts. To be fair, there are a couple of reasonably consistent posters.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Muh Ringtone! Muh Ringtone!

It was more a commentary on all the hours I’ve spent in courtrooms from law school until now, And granted I don’t think any of them were ever televised, I’ve never once seen a judge dumb enough to bring his cell phone to the bench. And if he did, it was on silent, in his pocket, and not turned up full blast.  Just thought it was the simulation fucking with us.  Guy knows all eyes are on him this week.  And usually they block calls to their phones voluntarily during shit like this.  Thought it was funny/surreal is all.  

several patriots found it funny.  

On 8/26/2020 at 7:40 PM, Johnny Sack said:

There are plenty of unarmed people shot and killed that are justified.  Do you disagree?

On 8/26/2020 at 7:38 PM, JimmyJames said:

So unarmed people who are shot are justified killings? How big of a pussy are you? 

I take @JimmyJames you were vociferously against the shooting of Ashli Babbitt, then?

(By the way, that was also a justified shooting of an unarmed person)

Edited by Johnny Sack
  • Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

This is a perfect example of why you don't fuck around with a judge. You're going to need him to see your side on objections. If you get on his bad side, you're gonna find out.

Binger's objection to the labelling of events is reasonable, but the time to raise it was pretrial or at least before the hearing.

I'm not sure if this works different in criminal law (I assume it does not because Daniels made a point to mention that the prosecution drafted it), but typically you don't get to interpret a document that you draft.  A non-drafting party's reasonable interpretation can be considered. 

Of course, the judge's understanding of the conversation and order is ultimate, but Binger doesn't even really get to say what he meant by it.  It's this way because he would have wrote what he meant if he meant it at the time.  He can't weasel in a point that was left unclear by his own fault.

Edited by JBJ

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

Binger's objection to the labelling of events is reasonable, but the time to raise it was pretrial or at least before the hearing.

I'm not sure if this works different in criminal law (I assume it does because Daniels made a point to mention he drafted it), but typically you don't get to interpret a document that you draft.  A non-drafting party's reasonable interpretation can be considered. 

Of course, the judge's understanding of the conversation and order is ultimate, but Binger doesn't even really get to say what he meant by it.  It's this way because he would have wrote what he meant if he meant it at the time.  He can't weasel in a point that was left unclear by his own fault.

This.

It would have been much cooler if the judge said "So what you are saying Mr. Binger, is that this evidence would give the jury a better picture of the timing of the events?" 

Get him to admit that he is violating the fundamental right to get to the truth, not get to a verdict. 

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

One the the CR is absolutely correct about is the state is allowed to break rules and infringe on the constitutional rights of a defendant with little to no consequence. 

WAIT, now process, protocol, and the rule of law are a thing?  How come none of you fuckers told me!  I just robbed a dollar general and have tons of cool shit.  

14 hours ago, Bevo said:

I'm at a loss here. Vote? Let the city burn like Seattle? I'm still hoping that the law finds an answer to riots. I don't think the guys who were shot are an answer to any of our problems in America.

There were people there "helping" (rendering aid, boarding up buildings, cleaning graffiti etc) that were not armed.  None of them got brutally attacked.  KR most certainly injected himself into the mayhem, which he had the legal right to do, but, IMO, the potential for a bad outcome due to people bringing weapons to the scene was greater then the help they could realistically provide.  Just my opinion.

I am not saying he did anything wrong legally and I understand the argument that some people at the scene felt the need to be armed.

The reality is that Rosenbaum was hell bent on attacking/killing some individual that night who was there to help dispel the rioting and looting and arson.  I think KR just happened to be the first one that passed by Rosenbaum when he was laying in wait.  Could have been any of the armed folks.  

It was still a bad idea to be there with an AR.  Obviously the police/national guard/whoever should have been out in full force to handle the situation but they were not for whatever reason.  Better to let a business burn than risk dying.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

I take @JimmyJames you were vociferously against the shooting of Ashli Babbitt, then?

(By the way, that was also a justified shooting of an unarmed person)

Nope. More people who attacked the capitol should have been shot.  I was personally disgusted by the attack on our nations Capitol though. Something which had not happened since the British did it at the beginning of our nation.

Attacks on used car dealership dumpsters don’t really bother me all that much.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Why would someone throwing a rock at KR be bad for the defense?

Shit, I meant the prosecutor.  He was the one that zoomed in on the video.    Speaking of the zoomed in, I guess nobody had an issue now since it wasn't on an Ipad.

Also, 10 minutes of testimony from Officer Bray and no comments?  Surl let me down.

Edited by davidg

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

It was more a commentary on all the hours I’ve spent in courtrooms from law school until now, And granted I don’t think any of them were ever televised, I’ve never once seen a judge dumb enough to bring his cell phone to the bench. And if he did, it was on silent, in his pocket, and not turned up full blast.  Just thought it was the simulation fucking with us.  Guy knows all eyes are on him this week.  And usually they block calls to their phones voluntarily during shit like this.  Thought it was funny/surreal is all.  

I've seen it happen one time in all my years.  The judge was so embarrassed and apologized profusely.  

7 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Nope. More people who attacked the capitol should have been shot.  I was personally disgusted by the attack on our nations Capitol though. Something which had not happened since the British did it at the beginning of our nation

You mean other than the 1814 burning of the Capitol Building?  And attacks on buildings by rioters absolutely should bother you.  It's ridiculous that it doesn't.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hate said:

You mean other than the 1814 burning of the Capitol Building?  And attacks on buildings by rioters absolutely should bother you.  It's ridiculous that it doesn't.

1814 was exactly what I was referring to numbnuts. Sorry I didn’t make that clear enough for you but what difference does that make anyway. 

16 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Nope. More people who attacked the capitol should have been shot.  I was personally disgusted by the attack on our nations Capitol though. Something which had not happened since the British did it at the beginning of our nation.

Thought you might find this helpful.

18 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

If the cops had been out checking the IDs of the armed attendees, KR would have been busted for carrying across state lines. Not pointing fingers,  but suggesting that as a tactic for the cops in future situations. Just make damned sure that your own state laws are being adhered to. 

Turn off CNN. He did not carry across state lines.

• Hook 'Em 4

13 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

1814 was exactly what I was referring to numbnuts. Sorry I didn’t make that clear enough for you but what difference does that make anyway. 

Or, you know, the bombing at the capital in 1983.  Besides all those, you mean....

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Thought you might find this helpful.

Thx.

On January 6, 2021, on a day when representatives met to formalize the presidential election results, hundreds of rioters supporting President Donald Trump and seeking to overthrow President-Elect Joe Biden’s electoral victory pushed through police barricades and stormed the Capitol, some smashing windows to enter its halls. One woman was fatally struck by police gunfire inside the Capitol during the mayhem. At least 138 officers—73 from the Capitol Police and 65 from the Metropolitan Police Department in Washington—were injured, the departments said.