Texas WR/TE Passing Offense Talk

LTtxfan

53 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Would kinda defeat the purpose... Red Zone is limited space to cover.

I agree somewhat, and my thinking was that having 2 in the backfield (3 with the QB) and no 6 man blocking surface makes it harder to have a run game without involving the QB, which I haven’t seen Sark do except in the red zone. But after looking into it, I think I was wrong.

That said, Marion does have plenty of go-go concepts out of 21 and 22 personnel that either don’t use the QB in the run game or that Sark could adapt as such.

Sources:

https://throwdeeppublishing.com/blogs/news/6-formations-from-william-mary-you-probably-havent-seen-before

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The AAU version of what 7on7 is so bad for the game of football. They aint running the HS offense they use and they're more running 7on7 offense which could create bad habits.

I think it creates terrible defensive habits... And we tend to see it show up in Texas efense.

On 2/18/2022 at 8:58 AM, LTtxfan said:

Speed...

If the first 3 passes we throw to Brenen Thompson are designed routes that have him stop, turn around and stand still while catching the ball, I will run out on the field and diarrhea on the logo. I will eat a lot of Indian food, just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 8:19 AM, Bamboozled73 said:

It’s more telling when WRs failed to dominate in 7v7.

Dang, the coaches should hire you on as a recruiting assistant to make sure we don't offer any quadriplegics.

You fucking idiot.

Edited by TotallyLegit
was in a bad mood when i posted this

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Was hoping that he was gluing suction cups to his gloves. 😞

But better cuts will give him more space to make the catch, so this video gruntles.

Marcus Washington #15 with good catch at 34sec mark...

• Hook 'Em 1