Mindhunter Season Two

Goo Punch

Will be directed again by David Fincher and this time will revolve around the Atlanta child murders. Can’t wait.

‘Mindhunter’ Season 2: David Fincher Returning to Direct, Joined by Andrew Dominik and More — Report http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/mindhunter-season-2-directors-david-fincher-andrew-dominik-1201954817/ via @indiewire

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Early 2019 drop of a schedule 8 episodes for lazy people like me that don't like clicking.

I go you fam

Details surrounding “Mindhunter” Season 2 have been quiet over the last several months, but a new report from The Playlist brings some exciting news about the next batch of episodes. David Fincher, who executive produces the show and directed two episodes in the first season, will reportedly be back behind the camera for the Season 2 premiere and finale. Directors Andrew Dominik and Carl Franklin will join Fincher for Season 2.

Dominik is an indie favorite after directing “The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.” His other credits include the Nick Cave documentary “One More Time with Feeling” and the drama “Killing Them Softly,” which starred Fincher favorite Brad Pitt. Franklin, meanwhile, is a television veteran with directing credits on “13 Reasons Why,” “The Leftovers,” and Fincher’s own “House of Cards.” Dominik is reportedly filming two episodes, while Franklin will direct the remaining Season 2 episodes.

The Playlist notes Season 2 will only have eight episodes, down two installments from the 10-episode first season. Fincher is expected to kick off production on Season 2 at the end of this month or in early May. Similar to his work on Season 1, Fincher is scheduling in any potential reshoots the episodes will need and is planning to direct those himself. The show is eyeing an early 2019 debut on Netflix. IndieWire has reached out to Netflix for further comment.

“Mindhunter” premiered last October from creator Joe Penhall. Charlize Theron serves as an executive producer alongside Fincher. Cast members Jonathan Groff, Holt McCallany, and Anna Torv are returning for the new season, which Fincher previously revealed will deal with the Atlanta child murders.

“Next year we’re looking at the Atlanta child murders, so we’ll have a lot more African-American music which will be nice,” Fincher told Billboard last year. “The music will evolve. It’s intended to support what’s happening with the show and for the show to evolve radically between seasons.”

The Atlanta child murders were a series of killings that took place over two years in which at least 28 children, teenagers, and adults were murdered. All of the victims were African-American. Atlanta native Wayne Williams was convicted for two of the adult murders and sentenced to two life terms in prison. Many of the murders became remain unsolved.

“Mindhunter” Season 1 is now streaming on Netflix.

• 5 years later...
14 minutes ago, smwhorn said:

Did not see any of the episodes from either season.  Worth the effort ?

yes, it's fantastic.

and for a show that got cancelled literally years ago, there have been way too many articles written post-mortem about how it might come back or how fucking dead it is.  we know it's expensive and according to fincher, netflix doesn't want to pay for it.  not sure any of that has changed. 

as far as i've seen, netflix only likes throwing money into fireplaces, so i'm not getting my hopes up.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

yes, it's fantastic.

and for a show that got cancelled literally years ago, there have been way too many articles written post-mortem about how it might come back or how fucking dead it is.  we know it's expensive and according to fincher, netflix doesn't want to pay for it.  not sure any of that has changed. 

as far as i've seen, netflix only likes throwing money into fireplaces, so i'm not getting my hopes up.

I read the book several years ago.  Great read.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

yes, it's fantastic.

Apple TV should buy it. 

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

yes, it's fantastic.

From the quotes by McCallany (Tench) it sounds more like hopes and dreams than any actual movement 

On 1/4/2024 at 4:43 PM, henrygandorf said:

Hey now, for some of us the crackling yule log fireplace is all we have for the experience. And it can be quite entertaining when accompanied with a good bourbon.

On 1/4/2024 at 6:37 PM, Deej said:

Apple TV should buy it. 

This.

Netflix Finally Continuing The Best Crime Thriller Series Ever?

Netflix Finally Continuing The Best Crime Thriller Series Ever? (giantfreakinrobot.com)

By Douglas Helm | Published 2 days ago

Fans were devastated when David Fincher revealed that the incredible crime thriller series Mindhunter would not be renewed for a third season on Netflix, however, there is a glimmer of hope from one of the show’s stars that it could return.Holt McCallany recently spoke to Awards Daily about his film The Iron Claw and revealed the potential of Fincher coming back to the beloved series. In the interview, McCallany said, “I’ve heard that David’s thought about it,” adding the caveat, “I’m not saying it’s going to come back.” However, McCallany did affirm that he would be down to come back for Mindhunter, saying, “But what I am saying is that if it comes back, I’m coming back with it.”

He also said, “It’ll depend on what David wants to do […] just even that he would think about it is a hopeful sign.”

If one of the show’s co-stars can get excited about the prospect of David Fincher bringing the show back for a third season, then the rest of us are inevitably going to get excited, too. 

Mindhunter was one of the most beloved shows on Netflix, receiving heaps of critical acclaim for its portrayal of the FBI’s burgeoning serial killer profiling division.

Led by Jonathan Groff, Holt McCallany, and Anna Torv, fans loved to see the portrayals of real-life serial killers getting interviewed, along with the ongoing BTK Killer storyline that will never get resolved without another season.

Of course, you could always look up the real-life BTK Killer resolution for some closure, but the series has still been greatly missed.

Sadly, despite McCallany’s optimism, it does seem pretty unlikely that Mindhunter will come back at this time.

The series did go on hiatus while David Fincher pursued other projects, but there was also a financial problem on Netflix’s end.

Despite the series being critically acclaimed, it reportedly didn’t bring in the audience to justify the high price tag to produce the series.  hitting the platform at the end of 2023.

Along with Mindhunter, Fincher has also made Mank, Love Death & Robots, and the hugely successful House of Cards for the streamer.

The fact is, there is a lot of fan love for Mindhunter and the demand for a third season could lead David Fincher and Netflix to possibly consider going back on the original decision to leave the project behind.

Then again, Netflix is no stranger to canceling TV shows long before they deserve to be canceled. This show would not be the first victim of this phenomenon.   Truthfully, this would be a really weird move because Netflix already has the Korean version of Squid Game, and there’s a second season on the way. There’s really no need for a US version of Squid Game, and it’s safe to say that fans would much rather see more Mindhunter than an unnecessary remake.

• Hook 'Em 1