Is Sam Pittman a Better Head Coach than Tom Herman?

Huckleberry

Correct, the issue was not calling it a live ball in live action. The referees assumed what was going to happen instead of calling what they saw. Nix was facing backwards on the field when he "threw" the clocking attempt.

They're supposed to let play continue if it's close but the referee was already making the intentional grounding call in his head as soon as the snap was bobbled. Very poor officiating.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 6:30 PM, satyanash said:

So sick of this crap. Baylor did it, Arkansas did it... why can't Texas hire a good head coach??

How good was Rhule though? Their offenses were shit, they didn't roll anyone other than Kansas and they got owned by Georgia.

Other than the millions he collected  to go to Carolina, I can see why he left.

3-4 win ceiling for that team this year if he had stayed

Edited by redswingline

How good was Rhule though? Their offenses were shit, they didn't roll anyone other than Kansas and they got owned by Georgia.
Are you really skeptical because Baylor got rolled by Georgia? They're fucking Baylor.

Rhule took over a program no one wanted to touch. They were an absolute lost cause. You should be focusing on the fact that he got them to a bowl with Georgia rather than that he lost.

There's a reason he was offered those millions in the nfl. Rhule can coach.

4 minutes ago, redswingline said:

Rhule knew it was time to leave Rapelor after the 2019 season... 

10 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Are you really skeptical because Baylor got rolled by Georgia? They're fucking Baylor.

Rhule took over a program no one wanted to touch. They were an absolute lost cause. You should be focusing on the fact that he got them to a bowl with Georgia rather than that he lost.

There's a reason he was offered those millions in the nfl. Rhule can coach.

I'm not focusing on the Georgia loss - it was the third point in my statement.

Their offense was just horrible. Their game plan was hope special teams and defense can get you good field position, and throw it up to the one good WR they had and pray for a score.

Almost all of their wins were by a handful of points and a several of those wins were luck. They could have easily been 5-7 last year. They just got the bounces and some help from refs i.e. the Tech game. Plus, they lost to OU twice. Then, finish the year getting owned.

Edited by redswingline

I guess to put it as briefly and concisely as possible:
They weren't as good as their record would indicate and they  lost to all of the good teams that they played. I'm not impressed.
I'm not saying they were world beaters, I'm just saying I think your read on Rhule's results there lacks important context.

What Rhule did with that team given the situation he walked into is really damn impressive.

Most college coaches don't get called up to the NFL, and Rhule was for a reason.

Time will tell if he can make it there or not, but he did enough to earn the opportunity and left Baylor in a much better place than when he walked in.

29 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I think you're being a bit uncharitable in listing games they won comfortably. I can think of one opponent off the top of my head who they were beating 24-3 with :02 left in the game. And it sure as shit felt like an ass kicking to me

That game doesn't exist in my memory

• 1 month later...