Vikings @ Saints: Christmas Day Edition

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:
7 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:
Derrick Henry is the best right now. Kamara is also great, and same with Cook. They're all pro bowlers for a reason. 

You should Google the last time Kamara and Henry played each other

And you should google who has more rushing yards and TDs this year. Henry has double the amount of yards.....it's definitely closer than you seem to think....

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:
Derrick Henry is the best right now. Kamara is also great, and same with Cook. They're all pro bowlers for a reason. 

You should Google the last time Kamara and Henry played each other

Or I can just Google rushing leaders and confirm Henry is first and Cook is second with both having 15 tds. 🤷‍♂️

Or I can just Google rushing leaders and confirm Henry is first and Cook is second with both having 15 tds.
1985 called and wants their stats back.

Imagine if you could see Cook and Kamara on the same field on the same night and get a look at who is better.

I guess we'll never know!

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

1985 called and wants their stats back.

Imagine if you could see Cook and Kamara on the same field on the same night and get a look at who is better.

I guess we'll never know!

OK, man. No one is here to steal your dream. If you think no one is even in Kamara's league, so be it. It's Christmas. 

OK, man. No one is here to steal your dream. If you think no one is even in Kamara's league, so be it. It's Christmas. 
There are tiers.

AK/Henry

Then some other guys. But let me know when Derrick "I'm from 1980" Henry matters that much. He's a relic, and the Titans are as well. Fuck them. Go Oilers.

16 hours ago, BradInATX said:

None of this makes any sense. Why is it their B team? It's literally all of their starters who yapped pregame about proving that Cook was better.

Nobody is better than Kamara.

Yeah, I'm sure none of that makes sense to someone, like you, who doesn't know shit about Minnesota's defensive personnel, so I'll break it down for you.  They're missing (among others):

Danielle Hunter, one of the best DE's in the entire league -- out for the season with an injury.  (Oh, and Hunter's backup, who has been starting all season in his place?  He was out yesterday as well.  So, yeah, Minnesota was playing a third-stringer at DE.)

Michael Pierce -- bowling ball starting DT who would have been Minnesota's primary interior run-stopper -- opted out due to COVID.

Eric Kendricks -- one of the best LB's in the game -- out due to injury.  (Oh, and the guy who had replaced him the past few games?  He was out yesterday as well.  So, yeah, Minnesota was starting a third-stringer at LB -- an undrafted rookie FA who, coming into yesterday's game, had played exactly ONE (1) defensive snap in the NFL.)

Anthony Barr -- starting LB -- out due to injury.  In fact, Minnesota's entire starting LB corps from last season is gone due to injury.

Minnesota is also starting a pair of rookie corners in part because 2 of their top 3 corners at the start of the season . . . got injured.

So, while Kamara had a terrific game, he wasn't exactly playing against the '85 Bears, the 2000 Ravens, or the mid-70's Steel Curtain.  That's point #1.

Point #2 is that while Kamara is great, he's not quite the best NFL RB.  I'm not the only one thinking this.  PFF agrees that Kamara deserved the Pro Bowl, but has 4 other RB's (Henry, Cook, Chubb, and Montgomery) in the league with higher season grades than Kamara.  So don't take it from me -- take it from people who watch and grade every single fucking snap in every single fucking game.  Maybe it will "make sense" to you then.  

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pro-bowl-2021-pffs-selections-for-nfc-afc-pro-bowl-rosters  

Yeah, I'm sure none of that makes sense to someone, like you, who doesn't know shit about Minnesota's defensive personnel, so I'll break it down for you.  They're missing (among others):
Danielle Hunter, one of the best DE's in the entire league -- out for the season with an injury.  (Oh, and Hunter's backup, who has been starting all season in his place?  He was out yesterday as well.  So, yeah, Minnesota was playing a third-stringer at DE.)
Michael Pierce -- bowling ball starting DT who would have been Minnesota's primary interior run-stopper -- opted out due to COVID.
Eric Kendricks -- one of the best LB's in the game -- out due to injury.  (Oh, and the guy who had replaced him the past few games?  He was out yesterday as well.  So, yeah, Minnesota was starting a third-stringer at LB -- an undrafted rookie FA who, coming into yesterday's game, had played exactly ONE (1) defensive snap in the NFL.)
Anthony Barr -- starting LB -- out due to injury.  In fact, Minnesota's entire starting LB corps from last season is gone due to injury.
Minnesota is also starting a pair of rookie corners in part because 2 of their top 3 corners at the start of the season . . . got injured.

So, while Kamara had a terrific game, he wasn't exactly playing against the '85 Bears, the 2000 Ravens, or the mid-70's Steel Curtain.  That's point #1.

Point #2 is that while Kamara is great, he's not quite the best NFL RB.  I'm not the only one thinking this.  PFF agrees that Kamara deserved the Pro Bowl, but has 4 other RB's (Henry, Cook, Chubb, and Montgomery) in the league with higher season grades than Kamara.  So don't take it from me -- take it from people who watch and grade every single fucking snap in every single fucking game.  Maybe it will "make sense" to you then.  
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pro-bowl-2021-pffs-selections-for-nfc-afc-pro-bowl-rosters  

LOL. Nobody actually involved in the NFL has any respect for PFF. Quoting them as an authority outs you as a total clown. David Montgomery as a top 4 NFL back? You read that then decided that was a credible hot take that was totally going to own the argument? That guy was in danger of getting benched earlier this season. That's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for you.

Any functioning human being who watched that game yesterday knows which back is better. It's not even close. Everything Dalvin Cook does, Kamara does better. Literally everything. Kamara is faster, quicker, more agile, has better hands, better vision, and isn't made of glass. Not a single NFL GM would take Cook over Kamara. There's a reason AK's contract was substantially bigger than Cook's. He is a much better player.

I'd advise you to stop thinking reading PFF articles actually makes you smart, and go ahead and you know, watch football.

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

LOL. Nobody actually involved in the NFL has any respect for PFF. Quoting them as an authority outs you as a total clown. David Montgomery as a top 4 NFL back? You read that then decided that was a credible hot take that was totally going to own the argument? That guy was in danger of getting benched earlier this season. That's embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for you.

Any functioning human being who watched that game yesterday knows which back is better. It's not even close. Everything Dalvin Cook does, Kamara does better. Literally everything. Kamara is faster, quicker, more agile, has better hands, better vision, and isn't made of glass. Not a single NFL GM would take Cook over Kamara. There's a reason AK's contract was substantially bigger than Cook's. He is a much better player.

I'd advise you to stop thinking reading PFF articles actually makes you smart, and go ahead and you know, watch football.

Is this a troll job or are you just that big of a homer?

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:
1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:
200.gif

Asking if you watched a game where both of the players we're comparing played is bait? That's a pretty dumb assertion.

LOL.  Were they running against the same defense?  Or was one of them playing against a defense that largely consisted of backups, third-stringers, and rookies?  

Here's another couple of questions.  Are you always this stupid?  Or did you just imbibe too much on Xmas and it's clouding your thinking?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

LOL.  Look who thinks he's Bill Belichick.  What you should be embarrassed about is your own ignorance.  You're also missing the larger point.  I don't think PFF is the "be-all, end-all" of football analytics.  I cited PFF simply to show you that I'm not the only person in the world who thinks Kamara isn't the best running back in the NFL.  That's all.  You can disagree all you want with PFF's process -- and I think they get things wrong some of the time -- but if you're going to suggest that you have football knowledge, insight, and analytical capability superior to that entire website, then all I can do is laugh at your silly ass, Mr. Wanna-Be GM.  

But you don't like PFF?  Fine.  Frankly, I think they're off-base with some of their conclusions as well, esp. on O-line assessment.  But PFF isn't the only football analytics website thinking that Kamara, while really good, isn't the absolute best at his position.  Just as an example, here's another one.  Feel free to tell us all how this bunch doesn't know what they're talking about, either, while you're some kind of football savant. 

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/rushing#yards

BTW, you might want to direct your attention in particular to the column relating to the % of carries facing 8 men in the box and take note of how much more often all of the other top backs face stacked defenses in comparison to Kamara.  Don't pretend that doesn't make a huge difference.

Finally, if you'd bother to read anything in detail (simple task but apparently difficult for you), you'll notice that I never claimed that Cook is better than Kamara.   So all your blathering about the game on Friday misses the point (again).  All I disagreed with was the notion that Kamara is the best in the league at his position.  Nobody's saying that Kamara isn't a great RB, Belichick.  He most certainly is.  And it's very possible that he could ascend to be the best RB in the league next season -- he definitely has that kind of talent.  But he hasn't been the best at his position this season -- or at least it's not as cut-and-dried as you want to think it is in your feeble little mind.