The 2021 Tampa Bay Rays thread

shadow_operative

played against cronenworth last week, playing against gallo this week.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148865ceyxc4la902wh9k9j

Cronenworth: 9/23, 2 2B, 4 HR, 4 BB, 9 RBI, .391 BA, 1.000 SLG, 1.481 OPS

Gallo: 6/10, 4 HR, 6 RBI. i don't have the rest of his stats because today's 3/3, HR, 3 RBI performance hasn't been added to his stats yet. I'm sure that Kyle Schwarber awaits me next. 

another way to frame it:

75427F38-865B-4D03-BB26-393F8D210308.jpeg

F5935079-26C9-4877-93C6-6A3C4923EF0A.jpeg

D50D9C5A-9A64-481D-9BC6-1840504B7D6F.jpeg

Peralta's numbers might pop off the page more so than the numbers of elite relievers, yet he's still rated lower on the PR because there are more SP's who are bringing value that is equal to/greater than what he brings than there are relievers who are bringing value equal to/greater than the RPs. it's a lot like the catcher position- you either have an elite guy or you're playing the FA/WW game all season long. 

Edited by shadow_operative

We need to talk playoff details. It appears the default is the top 4 teams make the playoffs but I'm pretty sure the 2019 league setup was 6 teams make the playoffs. We used the last week of the regular season as the wild card round (division winners get the bye, next 4 best records make the wild card) and then the 2 teams that advance join the division winners in the 2 week playoff round. The championship round is also 2 weeks. 

We still want to roll with that?

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

yeah. 1st and 2nd get byes; first round is 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5; next round is 1st vs lowest remaining seed and 2nd vs highest remaining seed in a two week matchup; then the finals.

and just to be clear, that first round is really just the last "week" of the regular season schedule. everyone currently has a bye that week (week 21). 

On 7/5/2021 at 12:13 PM, Fawesome said:

We need to talk playoff details. It appears the default is the top 4 teams make the playoffs but I'm pretty sure the 2019 league setup was 6 teams make the playoffs. We used the last week of the regular season as the wild card round (division winners get the bye, next 4 best records make the wild card) and then the 2 teams that advance join the division winners in the 2 week playoff round. The championship round is also 2 weeks. 

We still want to roll with that?

yes this sounds right.

3 hours ago, Fawesome said:

Motion to let all the HRs during HR Derby count this week. 

All in favor, say AYE!

Fawesome: The HR derby usually counts towards our numbers right?

Everybody Else: You're the commissioner so you should know. Also, no. 

Fawesome: Oh too late. ESPN won't let me change it.

• Like 1