Favorite 80s Music Video

utee94

On 5/1/2018 at 6:30 PM, PencilPusher said:

Those are four good choices. I still never understood why LaVar Burton was mad at Cameo and wanted them to come out with their hands up. Nor did I understand the codpiece.

That song always reminds me of a goofy night at school. We had just beaten WVU's Hoopies in basketball and my buddy Dave and I were in our apartment drinking some beer. My roomie was getting ready to take his little sister to the Cameo concert at the Syria Mosque, right on Pitt's campus. It was an awesome concert venue. But just before they left for the concert our bedroom ceiling caved in because the guys in the upstairs apartment didn't put the shower curtain in and the water damn near collapsed the whole place. It was a slum house. Terrible place. 

I don't think anyone has put this one it, yet, right? This one was really good. They took my chains!

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Like 2

On 5/1/2018 at 3:27 PM, Chad Fuck said:

Duran Duran had some good fucking videos.

The is an extended  NSFW version of GOF and either Hungry Like the Wolf or Rio that was played on video monitors in the clubs back in the day.  There were ones by other groups too but I don't remember any right now. 

• Like 1

I really like this one.  Big hair, holy closeups Batman!  Tina Turner in leather, yeah I'll watch.  My favorite part is the cameo by Cy Curnin of the Fixx, who wrote this song.  He just appears from the side of the stage, then does some weird fight-dancing.  

Another favorite, I've always been fascinated with that British post-WWII period, and Ray Davies is great as a smarmy cheese.

• Like 2

That Private Dancer was one hell of an album.  I thought so back then when I only understood it in a superficial way, with no understanding of her background with Ike, etc.  

But hearing "Better Be Good to Me" now, in hindsight, is even more powerful.  And it brought the power back then. 

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Yup, agree.  If anyone wants to create the Favorite 90s Music Video thread, feel free.  Of course, it will totally suck compared to this one, but...

How 'bout this beauty?

I may have missed it but thought you might have been posting this...

• Like 1

I would stab all of you in the face for five minutes with Susanna Hoffs.
I know it isn't germane to the thread.  Just putting you all on notice.

I like you, Chad, but if I’m on a mission after Susanna imma be totin’ a gat. Fair warning.

On 5/3/2018 at 4:35 PM, utee94 said:

Fun fact: the girl in that video is the same one doing the Spanish intro on Jane's Addiction's "Stop".

(The one in the stop sign booty shorts.)

Edited by Deej

On 5/4/2018 at 9:23 AM, Chad Fuck said:

Everyone in this thread would battle like this...

On 5/4/2018 at 9:23 AM, Chad Fuck said:

Already replied to this once but worth another reply. Gimme 5 minutes with her back then or now. Back then, a millisecond to get wood, a minute to ejaculate in each of the three major holes and two minutes to snuggle with her and declare my undying love. Now, a full minute to get some good wood, three minutes to pop one off in her cooch and one minute to fall asleep with a vise grip around her waist, so she could not easily sneak away.

So when I got to Ausitn and UT in 1984, and finally had cable, I just watched videos all the time, even the country ones.  It was hilarious watching these country stars trying to adapt to MTV, or even CMT.  These two are a couple of my favorites, they both have one of my favorite "video meme"s, the cameo.  Of course they have break dancing, jazz ballet dancing, every kind of dancing, every goddam video in the 80's had dancing.  Christ.  The first video features a very young Mariska Hargitay, along with Tattoo, Exene and John Doe, and Britt Ekland (growl!).   The 2nd features Bill Monroe and a swoop-in by David Keith at the very end.