2021 MLB Thread

LTtxfan

3 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Votto should have run to 3rd for the unassisted triple play.

I didn't think about that but he really should have.  Also, wtf was Rosario doing?  It looked like on replay he had frozen a couple of steps off 3rd and was staring at Votto making the catch...and then he decides to take off for home?

In MLB, a total of fifteen players have fielded an unassisted triple play,[3] making this feat rarer than a perfect game.[4] Of these fifteen players, eight were shortstops, five were second basemen and two were first basemen.

Great career with the Reds and Mets.  So I'm sure they'll  try to claim he's a career Yankee after his long stint in the Bronx.  Special bag of dicks to choke on for anyone who signs with the Yankees in the off-season knowing they've only got a few weeks of baseball left in them according to their doctors...just so they can retire a Yankee. 

Fuck the Yankees.  Cheering for the Yankees is like pulling for the cops at a protest.  

17 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Damn, Mookie

$350 million contracts are almost never worth it.  But in Betts’ case, that may be an exception.

Dodgers on the verge of a sweep of the uppity Padres, and 9 straight.  Lotta game left but Bauer is dealing.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, WBT said:

Patriots Day.  Gotta love morning baseball.  BOS is already up 8-1 though.

One of the greatest days of my life -- Patriots Day, 2004.  The Yankees were in town, and I ran the marathon with "JETER SUCKS" written on my shirt in giant letters.  Other than the Hoyts, I was the most popular guy on the course.  

• Hook 'Em 2