Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

That was extremely impressive from Campbell. His agility combined with ability to anchor against a guy like Bear is damn good. Banks looking pretty good on the edge too. Don’t think he’ll be a guard in college.
Hutson is over-extending so badly on every rep. Either poor technique or he’s just overly anxious. 

9 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Who is the defensive lineman? He seems pretty athletic.

Suchomel said it was this guy. Hutson overextending so much made him look good. He probably wouldn’t have gone anywhere against an OL who showed better technique. 

https://247sports.com/player/aaron-austin-46097924

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Suchomel said it was this guy. Hutson overextending so much made him look good. He probably wouldn’t have gone anywhere against an OL who showed better technique. 

https://247sports.com/player/aaron-austin-46097924

I looked at his HUDL and it seems pretty good. He is pretty quick and aggressive. As you said, you can't give a talented guy that much space to spin. I think the knock on Aaron Austin would be his size. He is listed as 6'3" 240lbs. If he was a couple of inches taller and 10lbs heavier, he would be very highly recruited as a DE.

3 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I looked at his HUDL and it seems pretty good. He is pretty quick and aggressive. As you said, you can't give a talented guy that much space to spin. I think the knock on Aaron Austin would be his size. He is listed as 6'3" 240lbs. If he was a couple of inches taller and 10lbs heavier, he would be very highly recruited as a DE.

Think one of the $9.95ers recently said we were looking at him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

This guy is so underrated and I don’t get it.  Is it because of height or some thought he won’t get big enough to play college LB?  I don’t really buy either of those.  He’s both better and more twitchy than his teammate Blackwell, who is also good and was a 4 star in the grade a year above Johnson.   How does that translate to Johnson being ranked 75-80 in the Texas top 100 and a mid 3 star?

Gerry already said he'll be in the ESPN 300 next update.  His Rivals ranking is 5.7, which is the highest 3* on that site.  247 is the one that has him low for some reason.  Rating is a 87 and #81 in the state.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting