2021 PGA Championship

Wally Fairway

40 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

I'm not used to fairways and greens Phil.  Fully braced for speed wobbles followed by all four wheels flying off at the same time.

Motor always runs hottest before it blows up!  

I hope he can keep the pedal down. 

43 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

I'm not used to fairways and greens Phil.  Fully braced for speed wobbles followed by all four wheels flying off at the same time.

The Sun Devil is bringing it.

would this be a greater win than Jack’s last Masters?  I say yes.

2 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

The Sun Devil is bringing it.

would this be a greater win than Jack’s last Masters?  I say yes.

No question. I think the only thing in recent history that could compare is tigers last masters. 

Jack's last Masters win was his 6th jacket, 18th major and fired a -6 30 on the back nine, Sunday. 

Tigers last Masters win was special, very special,  if Phil wins this, its right up there. Not sure how I would rank it all, bit Jack's would be number one. 

Edited by Dewey

from a standpoint of being over 50.  it would crazy.  the only thing I would say is that

Jack's was

a) at the masters(its just a more historic major than PGA)

b) incredible back 9 comeback and he was the best golfer of all time.

I think Jack's and even TIger's will always be more iconic(due to their 1a/1b status) but this would be more improbable.  both Jack and Tiger were 33 in the world rankings.  Phil is 100+.

11 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

from a standpoint of being over 50.  it would crazy.  the only thing I would say is that

Jack's was

a) at the masters(its just a more historic major than PGA)

b) incredible back 9 comeback and he was the best golfer of all time.

I think Jack's and even TIger's will always be more iconic(due to their 1a/1b status) but this would be more improbable.  both Jack and Tiger were 33 in the world rankings.  Phil is 100+.

Jack and tigers are more iconic because of who they are and where it happened,  no question. 

But 3 weeks shy of his 51st birthday on this course with this field?  Harder than what either Jack or tiger did if he can somehow pull it off. 

1 minute ago, pops said:

Jack and tigers are more iconic because of who they are and where it happened,  no question. 

But 3 weeks shy of his 51st birthday on this course with this field?  Harder than what either Jack or tiger did if he can somehow pull it off. 

yes more improbable.  greatest is another question.

Just now, dcar00 said:

OK what louis did was pretty uh interesting.  pick the crossing point so you drop near a drain, so you can mark and drop in the fairway.

Tough to tell from the camera angles but I'm not so sure he shouldn't have re-teed as well. And yes.... very interesting drop spot but it was the only spot he could have potentially crossed if it in fact did. That's where the line was closest to the water. 

1 minute ago, pops said:

Tough to tell from the camera angles but I'm not so sure he shouldn't have re-teed as well. And yes.... very interesting drop spot but it was the only spot he could have potentially crossed if it in fact did. That's where the line was closest to the water. 

yeah he could have picked 3 feet back and no one would have said any different.  the line was almost straight there.  he picked exactly where he knew he would get another relief drop.  whatever, its not like almost every other player would try the same thing.

7 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Phil saying “it definitely crossed” bailed Louie out. 

yep.  Phil gave Louis one there.  Louie tried to return the favor by saying "its only 190 to carry".  Louis ball did start out farther left of Phil's.

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

the interesting thing is that was total judgement calls(honor system) by the players and I think they pretty much came out well.  Louis' drop was the only thing I had slight problem with.  Reed would have been hitting a 140yd pitch shot from the right cut after Phil's drive.

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

2.5 rounds everything was so good.  lost the tee ball and here we are.  get it to the clubhouse tied for the lead and lets see what happens tomorrow.

Can't tell if he's getting double crossed or what, but ever since that 2 wood he tugged the cut has been fine off the tee but the draw is gonzo. 

24 minutes ago, pops said:

Can't tell if he's getting double crossed or what, but ever since that 2 wood he tugged the cut has been fine off the tee but the draw is gonzo. 

you were right.  he should have been hitting that cut from 10 on in.