EPL 2021-22

maninblack

I like all of the top 4 almost equally to win depending on injuries. Maybe Chelsea and City a smidge above the rest because we maybe have fewer ?s but some bad breaks or poor stretches and Pool or ManU could be right there. 

Pool is definitely lurking and may feel like they have something to prove - but they also might have the worst case scenario of that top 4. Not that I'd be against a manure implosion. 

Also - even coming off the CL Chelsea needs to prove they can contend domestically - despite being probably the best squad on paper and form wise the past few months. 

Also... we get one good match week 1? C'mon...

And I guess, fuck it, I'll do my prediction and I'll be that guy:

ManU

Chelsea

City

Pool

Leicester 

Someone besides Spurs 

Never cared much for guessing relegation. 

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, midtown said:

Mdmost's prediction is the exact Vegas betting lines.  

So you're calling him a fraud?

Also - not sure when those lines are from but I'd be interested how much Ziyech's nag moved the Chelsea line. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, midtown said:

Not necessarily;  I'm saying it's pretty obvious to anyone who watches the PL.  I agreed with him before I saw the lines about 20 mins later

I just don't get the fun in making the Vegas predictions. Yes, I'm well aware City is probably the favorites again. It's not like we're putting money down. 

Maybe you're just salty I have you outside the top 6. 

4 minutes ago, midtown said:

Mdmost's prediction is the exact Vegas betting lines.  

I noticed that.  City is a big favorite to repeat.  If Kane goes to City, it's over before it begins.  If he doesn't, there could be a multiteam title race although Chelsea is best equipped to challenge.  Lukaku's problem at United was poor service and that won't be a problem at Chelsea if Tuchel plays the right forwards.  Liverpool is getting long in the tooth and this is also an AFCON season.  United isn't winning a title without a new DM and that appears to be unlikely.  Agree that the top-4 should remain the same as last year unless someone gets hit with major injuries.  On paper, there is a significant gulf between the Top 4 and the rest.           

5 minutes ago, midtown said:

Hell I'm with you considering the shit Spurs are rolling out

I was just ribbing you. Spurs are my least least favorite of the big 6 for sure. 

Just checked my book - City at -175 seems crazy. Chelsea at +450 seems juicy. We dropped so many horrible points with Lampard in charge.

Although I guess we did kind of match up perfectly with them in those last 2 contests. Not like we're playing each other 38 times. 

I don't pay attention to betting lines nor did I consult them in my predictions. City is City. They're the top until someone proves they can knock them off in a long season. Chelsea seem poised to take the next step. Liverpool should improve assuming injuries don't cause a repeat of last year. But they didn't do anything to eclipse City or Chelsea with a window of only buying one defender. United are going to be good but not close enough to make a run at the title. Just not sold on Ole yet. Leicester have made some good moves but they still have Rodgers as manager which is good for some head scratching losses. 6th is interchangeable, frankly. Leeds, Spurs, Everton, West Ham. 

59 minutes ago, alincoln said:

When Kane goes to City...

FIFY. That's going to happen. They are going to roll a dump truck up soon enough with 150 Million pounds and Spurs are going to sell. I'm sure this whole song/dance going on now is fine, but we know they are going to raise their offer. I figure early next week.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Because this video is so dope, I'm gonna post it everywhere. Including to counter this argument.

There's so much bitterness about us taking the CL that people still refuse to rate us. Even though half our team is under 25 and should be getting better and we just brought in a finishing machine. 

If Chelsea win the Premiership, I'll have to add MoJames and ztejas to my ignore list as they'll be even more insufferable than they currently are. Though if you lose this season after all the chest puffing you've done, that will be entertaining. 

Bitterness? No one on here except for Huckleberry wanted City to win the CL last season. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

If Chelsea win the Premiership, I'll have to add MoJames and ztejas to my ignore list as they'll be even more insufferable than they currently are. Though if you lose this season after all the chest puffing you've done, that will be entertaining. 

Bitterness? No one on here except for Huckleberry wanted City to win the CL last season. 

I'm not on your ignore list? I'm actually honored. 

What if we finish 5th and repeat CL. Will you wind up in a straight jacket?

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I think ztejas is their version of bone3421

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

He's the one who titled their thread "TUCHeL our balls, hoes" so this story absolutely checks out.

Wasn't my thread title idea - fucko. I try and arbitrate and lead discussion over there mostly. 

Nice chippy start to the year here, though. I like it. 

And seriously - if you're so fucking offended go win it next year. 

Edited by ztejas

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Wasn't my thread title idea - fucko. I try and arbitrate and lead discussion over there mostly. 

Cherka Cherka

Hey thought it was relevant - both EPL teams - just wondering if there's a potential play by the keeper here? Obviously it's an incredible ball played through that takes a nice bounce but is there some way the GK keeps it out of the back?

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

If you win I will cry and take my ball home with me, but if I win I will laugh my ass off.

tumblr_nfvzcfoAax1tfbtrwo1_500.gif

Anyone taking City -175 is a dullard and that really has nothing to do with any direction I lean. 50/50 sounds about right for them. 

I just don't think Pool, for example, is 7 less times likely to win than City. 

Edited by ztejas
My phone fucking sucks

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

If you win I will cry and take my ball home with me, but if I win I will laugh my ass off.

tumblr_nfvzcfoAax1tfbtrwo1_500.gif

No, there will be no crying. If you win, I'd rather not see more of your gif diarrhea all over the threads I enjoy reading. You both are already over the top and the season hasn't even started. Thankfully, ztejas is a Chelsea supporter so experiencing him is limited. I couldn't imagine having to wade through team threads with him. Maybe you can add some more slip gifs to your bag this season. 

Edited by mdmost

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Ah, sorry. We were way off. You're actually the Chelsea Derka.

On 8/12/2021 at 8:54 AM, mdmost said:

Alright, let's do this. Too excited to be throwing shade around, I love you @mdmost and I will refrain from posting any gifs in the soccer threads outside of goals. Time to enjoy some footy. Let's not turn this soccer board into some version of the awful football board.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

Auba and Laca both out today, so go ahead and lower the Arsenal hope meter even more. 

Granted it's Brentford. I honestly can't name a single player on their squad.

Ooo it looks like you get Oliver as the ref.