Your 2021, 2022, and now 2024 directors cup champions.

SDG

33 minutes ago, 10SNE1 said:

Stanford Women's Tennis gets upset in the quarterfinals when they were seeded #2. That helps with the cup!

Niiiice 

The only real issue is we only have a chance to hurt ourselves in softball, men's tennis, and rowing based on the projected points. Ranked #1, #2, and #1 so we have to finish 1st or 2nd to get the projected points correct? 

I think we have a chance to score higher in men's golf and women's golf though based on projected points. Men's golf in particular. They're ranked #13 but on a pretty insane heater right now. 

Looked at Stanford’s spring points. In water polo they got 83 points. It’s much easier to make the semis when there’s only 10 teams. I guess that’s how they’ve so many championships by competing in the smaller sports.

9 minutes ago, chiu1040 said:

Right they lost in semis of PAC 12 tournament. They were ranked in 150s, and that was their only chance to make the tournament.

Yeah, Texas still has the inside track this year, as long as don’t fall flat on our faces in rowing, softball, men’s golf and outdoor track and field. (Omitted baseball but they somehow surprised and made a super, we’d be in the clear) 

8 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

image.png.e22e7cde77c9cc8821f026f80c44b16b.png

Read somewhere that Texas, aggy and Tenn are the only 3 schools who made the postseason in the big 6 (football, MBB, WBB, baseball, softball, volleyball).  But you have to have good postseason results to make the top 10, aggy 😂

Posted (edited)

I think Florida is around 11 right now in the low 800s. We should get good points from Men's and Women's track and of course softball. Don't expect much from baseball this year.

If I had to throw out a guess, I'd say we'll end up somewhere around 1050 points and 6th place finish this season.

We should keep our top 10 streak going.

Edited by gatormarc

On 5/28/2024 at 3:02 PM, Js1 said:

Read somewhere that Texas, aggy and Tenn are the only 3 schools who made the postseason in the big 6 (football, MBB, WBB, baseball, softball, volleyball).  But you have to have good postseason results to make the top 10, aggy 😂

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/28/2024 at 4:07 PM, gatormarc said:

I think Florida is around 11 right now in the low 800s. We should get good points from Men's and Women's track and of course softball. Don't expect much from baseball this year.

If I had to throw out a guess, I'd say we'll end up somewhere around 1050 points and 6th place finish this season.

We should keep our top 10 streak going.

Nice that Baseball has given another 25 points that I didn't expect. Softball adding 10 more is :chefskiss:

23 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Brett wilkinson, aka @direct_cupdates on twitter just posted that the directors cup race is over

its texas

link?

13 minutes ago, chiu1040 said:

It’s not Brett, but I graduated with a math degree from UT. Worked as an actuary for 30 years. I like numbers and have replicated his projections.

Sounds like nerd shit, Poindexter. 
spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2024 at 8:45 PM, perfectchaos007 said:

I'm glad we finally have an AD that believes winning all the time is, in fact, good for the kids

It helps when you're really good at making hires. Which Del Conte is definitely good at. 

Women's golf just proves this point again. Based purely on resume, that might be his best hire to date. 

8 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

I don’t know exactly how much “Cardinal will need a big finish” means in this text, but they are in 16th place right now in W Track, which doesn’t sound too ‘big finish’ to me.  Texas is in 6th.

Looks like they need 7.25 points which is a pretty big lead until you get into a top 10/5 finish where you get more points for each spot.

If Texas stays at 8, Stanford would have to finish 4th.

I think he’s just trying to create drama and clicks. Stanford only has runners left in 2 races, the 800 and 5000, so they don’t have that many scoring opportunities. Their runners in the 5000 would have to run the race of their life because their personal bests are much slower than the other runners.

For director’s cup scoring, you take the highest 15 sports other than the mandatory 4 sports. Stanford has to replace a 64 with a higher score. We’re replacing a 28, so we’re going to add a lot more points than them.

• Hook 'Em 4

• SDG changed the title to Your 2021, 2022, and now 2024 directors cup champions.