Tokyo Olympics 2021

shadow_operative

4 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Best scorer in the world, unquestioned. 

Not just that. He's one of the best 15 defenders in the league. And dishes it well, too. And is a plus boarder.

2 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Hey Z, on a scale of one to infinity how much do you hate Tatum?

I respect Tatum a lot. He's a baller. But I want him to take that next step. I worry about his mental toughness. 

• Like 1

Durant is so fucking good. His level of basketball right now is at the least one of the 10 greatest displays we've ever seen. 

Say whatever the fuck you want about his character or what not - there is a very real chance that an athlete that attended UT ends his career as a top 10 global icon in an extremely popular international sport. 

He has been locked in on D the past two games. It's impressive for a dude who is getting up there and post Achilles. That shit is contagious, too. If your best player is playing D with that sort of intensity you better believe everyone else is going to step it up. If they keep it up in the 3rd they're going to blow this game open. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

He has been locked in on D the past two games. It's impressive for a dude who is getting up there and post Achilles. That shit is contagious, too. If your best player is playing D with that sort of intensity you better believe everyone else is going to step it up. If they keep it up in the 3rd they're going to blow this game open. 

If they win gold KD's gold medal will be the biggest ever won by a US basketball athlete.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kermit said:

That lob was fucking idiotic.

He does this sometimes. He is the smartest dumbest player I've ever seen. IQ off the charts but he'll have sometimes a handful of WTF were you thinking moments each game. He is so fun to watch off of the ball.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Zero reason he should be playing. Yet he is. By far the greatest player in the competition.

Well, yeah. He should be at home, Jrue should be at home, Booker should be at home, Middleton should be at home. We’re lucky that these dudes are there representing us.

Well, yeah. He should be at home, Jrue should be at home, Booker should be at home, Middleton should be at home. We’re lucky that these dudes are there representing us.

KD is older than all of them, coming off an achilles tear and significant hamstring strain, and played every single minute of multiple do or die playoff games. He already has 2 Olympic golds and a WC gold. His career accomplishments laugh in the face of any of them 3 combined. 

KD has dick to prove and his health to risk. And he's the greatest player in the world right now and he's out there risking himself. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

KD is older than all of them, coming off an achilles tear and significant hamstring strain, and played every single minute of multiple do or die playoff games. He already has 2 Olympic golds and a WC gold. His career accomplishments laugh in the face of any of them 3 combined. 

KD has dick to prove and his health to risk. And he's the greatest player in the world right now and he's out there risking himself. 

Dude, we’re all in the KD fan club. There isn’t a prize for those who suck his dick the hardest. All those dudes have no reason to be out there. Anyone can look at Paul George to see what can happen, and yet there they all are. I appreciate all of them.

• Hook 'Em 3

I have to say - this may be unpopular, and I don't even like saying this because I like the guy and I really want to like him on the mic - but Vince is just not really very good. He's bland. boring. I think they are trying to groom him to be a star but I'm not sure he has the personality for it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Kermit said:

Dude, we’re all in the KD fan club. There isn’t a prize for those who suck his dick the hardest. All those dudes have no reason to be out there. Anyone can look at Paul George to see what can happen, and yet there they all are. I appreciate all of them.

I apologize man. I just used your comment as a springboard. I know how you feel. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Also Zach Levine is dragging his ass on my rug right now. I’ll stop my critical comments sir. 

The thing is they're all so fucking good and they have the hands down best player in the world with them. They'll figure it out. US Gold. Suck our cocks.

I left the TV/app on and For Ball and Country came on. gotta say it's mildly entertaining. I'm not sure what episode it was, I'll see if I can find it, but there's a Doug Collins speech to the team about the 72 games and then he goes to fist bump them and he stops in front of KD and gives a little speech about how much he appreciates him. You guys would love that if you haven't seen it yet. 

10 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I have to say - this may be unpopular, and I don't even like saying this because I like the guy and I really want to like him on the mic - but Vince is just not really very good. He's bland. boring. I think they are trying to groom him to be a star but I'm not sure he has the personality for it. 

i like him. when i compare him to most guys who enter the booth shortly after retiring, he's pretty good. he's infinitely better than guys like Jason Witten or Chris Webber, who think that you're supposed to fill every single empty second of air time with inane rambling and over analysis. VC may be boring, but that's a lot better than the guys who try way too hard. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

i like him. when i compare him to most guys who enter the booth shortly after retiring, he's pretty good. he's infinitely better than guys like Jason Witten or Chris Webber, who think that you're supposed to fill every single empty second of air time with inane rambling and over analysis. VC may be boring, but that's a lot better than the guys who try way too hard. 

It could be worse. Much worse. Mark Jackson worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

Spain vs Slovenia, as expected, has been a very tough game for both.

Spain is throwing a ton of junk defense and Box and 1 at Luka, showing different defense throwing him off balance. They also are lining up like blowing pins to get try to get charges and get him fouled out.

So far it’s someone worked. Luka has 8 points but 9 rebounds and 5 assists but has 3 fouls and has been sat for most of the 2nd.

Slovenia gotta figure it out.

Okay so Spain came out on fire still. Slovenia missing even bunnies.

Spain built a 12 point lead. Slovenia came back with an 8-0 run. 23-16 over last 6 minutes. It’s Spain within 2 point lead at the start of the 4th.

Luka is controlling the game even with foul trouble and not being super hot from the field.

Wow what a game.

Spain beat up Luka. Made him pass. Gave him no easy shots. And he still controlled the game with his passing and rebounding.

Slovenia finally got hot late to pull it out.

Seeding will be done later. But now we know that Slovenia can only play Germany or Italy.

Spain could play the US or France or Australia. Tough draw for whoever gets matched with them. Yikes.

605b9f1f1850e3dc8621564d3b6c2616.jpg
The bracket. No times yet.

Man Spain/US is going to be a blood bath. The defending world champs and of course the defending Gold Medalists. One of those teams isn’t even making the semis.

And the Semis is going to be obscene. If the favorites go chalk, it’ll be France vs Slovenia(Luka), and Australia vs the US/Spain.

2 of those 5 teams won’t even medal.

This might be one of the better and more wide open basketball tourneys in a long time.

The US, if they play like they just did, should be the favorites. Just depends on if the defensive intensity and 3 point shooting holds up. They can lose to Spain or any of the other top 5 teams if they struggle. But those other teams have to bring their A game.

It seems like a tough matchup to me, similar to France. This team doesn't match up well with teams with two relatively skilled bigs. I would assume KD/Tatum can guard Pau but asking Bam and Dray to check Marc is asking for early foul trouble. Do you try to play big with JaVale, Bam, KD, Dame and Jrue? I assume Rubio is their best guard and Holiday takes him. I love watching Holiday play and he's is going to frustrate the hell out of RR or whoever he's on. 

• Like 1

Looking more at the roster that team has a fuck ton of size. 5 players 6'9 or bigger. Willy Hernangomez is a 3rd NBA big. I wonder if they start all 3? Gasols and WHG. That would seemingly force Pop to start JaVale. Regardless we aren't going to be able to shoot 30% from the perimeter and win. Shots need to be falling. 

• Like 1

If Dame doesn't start hitting shots they're fucked when he's on the floor. Negate size by stretching the floor and pulling them away from the basket. If Dame and KD are both hitting from deep you can overcome that size differential. On defense Bam and Draymond should hold their own. Don't put KD as the primary defender on a big. Let him slide over as the help.

Let's play a game while we wait  Take 3 players off of the current roster, and replace them with 3 other available players. Who are you swapping with who? What about if everyone were healthy.

1. JaVale replaced. Easy one. If healthy I want AD. Is KAT American? I guess he'd be my fall back but he's kind of soft. Short of him I think I would probably go Milwaukee Lopez twin. 

2. I would replace Middleton with a healthy Kawhi. For healthy players I will take Jimmy Buckets. We don't need perimeter shooting, we need a dawg who can shut players down. I debated Paul George, Randle and Jaylen Brown here. 

3. No brainer if healthy to replace Keldon Johnson with Klay. Ultimate 3 and D guy. Top healthy choice - am I crazy for thinking Marcus Smart? Another dawg. Probably not a huge upgrade here but I think it would be impactful. 

Just now, ztejas said:

I watched the gold cup last night on fox sports cable login stream browser.

I swear the quality was worse than just a straight up illegal stream.

Stream quality is good and it's the most reliable streaming service I've ever used. I don't have satellite or cable anymore so it's my go to for Mavs games ect. I know you can watch team USA bball on there because I tried it the other night. 

It will redirect you when you hit the play button, so just hit the back button and play again, maximize the screen, and it will stream perfectly. No buffering or pop ups or shit like that.

5 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Stream quality is good and it's the most reliable streaming service I've ever used. I don't have satellite or cable anymore so it's my go to for Mavs games ect. I know you can watch team USA bball on there because I tried it the other night. 

It will redirect you when you hit the play button, so just hit the back button and play again, maximize the screen, and it will stream perfectly. No buffering or pop ups or shit like that.

Could have been the feed then. Also it was on a 2k monitor which might have stretched it a bit. 

Overall though you're right about the lack of buffering.