Tokyo Olympics 2021

shadow_operative

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I'm rested. I caffinated earlier. Now it's booze and nicotine o' clock plus other stuff that's gonna keep this show on the road. 

KD with 28/7/5

USA 102 - 83 Spain

So 29/2/4 plus 3 steals and a block.

Final 95-81.

Don't worry about repping me. Gotta keep that butthurt going on the basketball board. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Good win for the US. Australia is going to be another tough one. But if they show up offensively and attack and play great defense they should be on to the gold medal game.

Then they’ll play either France, who’s beat them already, or the upstart Slovenia team who can’t find a way to lose, even when Luka isn’t playing like Clippers series Luka(other than the game agent Argentina Luka has been held in check points wise…he still completely controls the game on offense and most games has been the best defender and rebounder on the floor)

i didn't have the energy to open up my laptop last night, but i watched the whole game.  another huge performance by KD.  apparently that's what it's going to come down to every game.  if he plays like that, the US is going to be very hard to beat.  if not, they're extremely beatable.

looking forward to both semifinal matchups!

59 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i didn't have the energy to open up my laptop last night, but i watched the whole game.  another huge performance by KD.  apparently that's what it's going to come down to every game.  if he plays like that, the US is going to be very hard to beat.  if not, they're extremely beatable.

looking forward to both semifinal matchups!

3 point defense will be critical against Australia. Australia shot 45% from behind the arc against Argentina which led to their blowout win. We need to keep them around 30%-35% from 3 point range to have a good shot at winning along with a decent game from KD 

Quarterfinal game tonight against Spain at 11:40pm central.
If you're wondering what channel, I don't know, figure it out. 
Actually where the fuck am I supposed to watch this though 
That's funny but I'm glad you found it.

we're so fundamentally fucked that even when the ball handler does attack the lane his four teammates just stand still on the perimeter.
I hate it but it works for Slovenia and that's what my mavs are trying to do

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Slovenia is the size of Massachusetts and has about as many people as New Mexico. The national hobby is beekeeping. It’s insane this could be a contest. 

Well, somehow, they figured out how to have some lethal, balls as big as Texas, type shooters that aren't afraid of anything.

Oh and Luka.  Who no one can seem to contain...because even when you limit his scoring, he controls the rest of the game so well it doesn't matter.

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Slovenia is the size of Massachusetts and has about as many people as New Mexico. The national hobby is beekeeping. It’s insane this could be a contest. 

When you have one of the best players in the world, things start becoming more of a contest.

Dragic is on that team, as well. He's a baller. 

I think we can take the Aussies. Obviously it depends on a lot of things but two things I like in our favor in this one are we will have a massive chip on our shoulders, and two, Holiday wasn't on the team in the first meeting. Mr. Mills, meet Mr. Holiday. Get Draymond to punch Delly in the nuts a couple of times and we'll ride this one home. 12:15 AM EDT Friday? Is that what I saw?

15 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I think we can take the Aussies. Obviously it depends on a lot of things but two things I like in our favor in this one are we will have a massive chip on our shoulders, and two, Holiday wasn't on the team in the first meeting. Mr. Mills, meet Mr. Holiday. Get Draymond to punch Delly in the nuts a couple of times and we'll ride this one home. 12:15 AM EDT Friday? Is that what I saw?

Thursday.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 6:20 PM, Baboontyme said:

On 8/3/2021 at 6:36 PM, Kermit said:

Thursday.

just to clarify, i'm pretty sure the game is at 11:15 tonight.

2 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Defense looks great. Now start making some shots (everyone other than Durant).

Defense has been okay. Some lost rotations. No idea why we can't close on this Golding fuck. Not like he's going to take it to the rack against us. 

Everyone but Durant (and maybe Jrue) on the floor right now should be embarrassed. How much money do all of you have in the bank? How many all NBAs and all stars? How many points in the NBA? And without one fucking player you would be getting blasted out of the gym. Show the fuck up for your country. Make a god damn play.