Tokyo Olympics 2021

shadow_operative

Congratulations to Team USA.  Maybe the ugliest path to gold, but Gold it is!!!!

I'm not sure I've seen another Olympics team lean so much on one player, but there were other contributions, namely Jrue's perimeter defense, Bam's energy, Tatum's sometimes Robin play, and Draymond's gamesmanship.  Oh...... and Fuck the Pop haters!  Fuck off.... only Spurs fans can bad mouth Pop.

Congrats to KD.  Olympics legend.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Congratulations to Team USA.  Maybe the ugliest path to gold, but Gold it is!!!!

I'm not sure I've seen another Olympics team lean so much on one player, but there were other contributions, namely Jrue's perimeter defense, Bam's energy, Tatum's sometimes Robin play, and Draymond's gamesmanship.  Oh...... and Fuck the Pop haters!  Fuck off.... only Spurs fans can bad mouth Pop.

Congrats to KD.  Olympics legend.

Lillard had some big plays and effort tonight even though he bricked those 2 FTs late. 

Middleton wasn't great but he's coming off a pretty arduous Finals run. I'll give him a pass.

I'm cool with everyone but Lavine. Please never put a player like that on the roster again. We should have learned in 04. No defense, rocks for brains, superfluous scoring ability.

2 minutes ago, Kermit said:

Lavine’s dunk was after the buzzer.

Still classless. This is the Olympics. This isn't Bulls/Pistons 1989. Sportsmanship has always been at the center of the games (or, it should have been, I guess the US and USSR got a little nasty for a bit).

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Whoever they get, get them a better team..... wholly hell, that was a terrible representation of USA basketball.  Colangelo needs to retire.

Everybody opted out because of the compressed nature of the last 2 seasons and all of the injuries in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

kerr seems like a logical successor. 

does kd play one final time in 2024?  he'll be 35, but being the only basketball player to win 4 gold medals has to be appealing.

The most decorated American basketball Olympian is an automatic selection if he wants to play. He'll likely have even a bigger role than Kobe did in the 2012 London Olympics at age 34 especially if the team continues to be poorly constructed.

5 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

does kd play one final time in 2024?  he'll be 35, but being the only basketball player to win 4 gold medals has to be appealing.

KD plays in 24 and 28 if he wants to. No reason he shouldn’t get the 12th roster spot at 39 if he’s still playing. With what he did this year, and at FIBA in 2010 he should have a roster spot until he’s retired. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

based on this current roster he’ll be asked to carry the load in 2024 as well. Lilliard and Booker can score 75 points against each other in one playoff game and then shit down their legs in the Olympics. 

Edited by Firemans4Horn

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I have been very critical of Popovich as Olympic Head Coach, but even I know better than to criticize after the man just coached the team to the gold medal. Come on Kendrick, stop it!

Pop’s too radioactive to care.