Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

3 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Were you scoping out the babeage?

There were a couple tall drinks of water from the nursing school with just the right amount of cray crazy in their eyes that definitely lent one to wondering more about their bedside manners. But a lot of meh seemed to be the theme of the day.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

In Fort Worth for nephew's graduation from TCU last night. While sitting through those 3 hours of fucking bullshit I couldn't help but laugh at the 4 or 5 dorks who flashed Horns down while crossing the stage after getting their diploma. Biggest achievement in your life to date and that's what you do? Not even the little horn groggy sign? Sad.

On the other hand, after seeing the easy 4:1 ratio of female/male in the ceremony, I can't imagine how inept a guy would have to be to not get laid there. This was Fine Arts/Engineering/Education/Nursing schools.

Condolences about the nephew.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-joel-klatt-show-a-college-football-podcast/id1037085984?i=1000656122662

Klatt has a great podcast. In this o e, he talks about how the Big Noon schedule develops. A lot of B1G talk, no Big XII talk, until he gets to chatting about Fox Friday night games (which he and Gus don’t do). He says there will be B1G and Big XII games on Friday nights. Does the Big XII schedule reflect their Friday night games yet?

16 hours ago, statsman said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-joel-klatt-show-a-college-football-podcast/id1037085984?i=1000656122662

Klatt has a great podcast. In this o e, he talks about how the Big Noon schedule develops. A lot of B1G talk, no Big XII talk, until he gets to chatting about Fox Friday night games (which he and Gus don’t do). He says there will be B1G and Big XII games on Friday nights. Does the Big XII schedule reflect their Friday night games yet?

I think FOX gives FS1 one last chance with Big Ten and Big 12 Friday night games. If they don’t work they’ll just fold it and put everything not on FOX on the app. 

Big 12 teams including Tech and Coug High got abhorrent ratings on FS1 last year. I’m sure ESPN was closely watching that, and considering cost cutting measures. I wouldn’t be surprised if one Big 12 game a week was on ESPN and the rest gets dumped on ESPN+. 

• Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Only 2 Big 12 Friday night games and one is on Black Friday.

Yeah. I really expected to see a mix of shit B1G games (Purdue vs. Rutgers for example), but the worst one looks like Northwestern at Maryland. Most of the B1G games have at least one tier 1 or two tier 2 teams. I guess Fox really wants this to work. 

Edited by statsman

20 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

We can shit on these Big Ten games all we want, but when two big land grant schools play each other they’re going to get a respectable number. They’ve been playing football for 120+ years, and have hundreds of thousands of living alumni. 

This is what FOX is paying for. 

Well, if you call Iowa and Wisconsin and most of the rest of the b1g in the winter living . . .

I shouldn't pick on Wisconsin. Summers in Wisconsin are glorious. Last year it was Wednesday. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Bowlsby made 17.2 million dollars in his last year as Big-12 commissioner.

LO Fuckin' L.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/40205947/big-12-paid-ex-commissioner-bob-bowlsby-172m-final-year

I hope he lost it all betting against Texas this year and is living in a homeless camp alongside Ray Pugh in south Austin.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1