Ripley

PenelopeWitherspoon

ohhh i've read all of these multiple times, love them, The Talented Mr. Ripley is on my top 10 list...

i would be super excited...

except we just cut the cord on cable 😟 dammit 😝 

ETA: but it looks like you can do a 30 day free trial of Showtime's streaming app! i'll just be patient...lol

Edited by mchookem

• 3 months later...

it certainly did... it was an impulse, he was enjoying playing the part just like he did so many times later. he certainly wasn't expecting to see her again. 

he was very impulsive... which required him to also be very clever/calculating to cover for the consequences of his impulsiveness. it happens time and again...

that's the movie, anyway, where Tom is a more sympathetic character. book Tom is much closer to a sociopath.

It’s Showtime, so they’ll probably lean all the way into Ripley’s dark side/sociopath stuff. 

Shooting on location in Italy could very expensive for a new show on a second tier cable network. 

And oh yeah, the film was damned near perfect. I like the attempt, but I don’t think they can pull this off.