2018-19 Texas Longhorns thread

Machinator

Hayes just needs to give us 10-15 minutes a night where all he does is defend the rim and maybe grab a few offensive boards. 

I don't think anyone is expecting anything spectacular from an offensive perspective but you can't teach size and a 7'4 wingspan. 

Edited by texasstrong12

let's just hope that sims takes the big step forward that so many are expecting/counting on.  I think that we should be improved at shooting as a team overall, but i still don't expect it to be a strength. we'll have it some nights, other nights it winner be there. we need sims to have some sort of face up game, some array of low post moves, and at least one go-to move e.g. a baby hook. if he can't consistently score in the post then hayes will just be a lesser version of sims,  and we'll struggle to score points once again. the more sims is improved the more our team is improved. 

We finally have a deep team. That's the best thing possible for the next few years of college basketball--to have standout freshmen who won't even have to take a lead role until their sophomore or junior years. Billy Donovan's Florida squads benefitted greatly from that too during the height of his tenure there. They lost their top 3 players to graduation and the pros the year before they won the championship.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yeah you're right Simms hasn't earned it yet, although his distinction here tells us more about the state of the league and the lack of returning talent.

That and he'll be a starter this year instead of coming off the bench so his numbers should go up accordingly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Yeah you're right Simms hasn't earned it yet, although his distinction here tells us more about the state of the league and the lack of returning talent.

Dean Wade is the preseason POY.  I feel like he's on his 8th year of eligibility. Wtf.

5 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The fact you're taking these "tip off events" seriously is funny. 

This is nothing more than an event to get recruits on campus. 

how am i "taking it seriously"? the women were sloppy, throwing the ball out of bounds, and they missed two point blank shots to end the scrimmage with a loss. it was ugly and boring and i'm simply commenting on what i'm watching. if i celebrate a big dunk am i going to have to hear you quoting me again about how i'm taking this so seriously, or can you for once in your life decide to *not* get hung up on every single thing that i say? 

Edited by Goo Punch

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

how am i "taking it seriously"? the women were sloppy, throwing the ball out of bounds, and they missed two point blank shots to end the scrimmage with a loss. it was ugly and boring and i'm simply commenting on what i'm watching. if i celebrate a big dunk am i going to have to hear you quoting me again about how i'm taking this so seriously, or can you for incense in your life decide to *not* get hung up on every single thing that i say? 

Jesus you are terrible. 

No shit they were sloppy. They were fucking around. You making generalizations about the women's game based off a split squad "scrimmage" is about as Derka as it comes. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Jesus you are terrible. 

No shit they were sloppy. They were fucking around. You making generalizations about the women's game based off a split squad scrimmage is about as Derka as it comes. 

seriously, for the sake of this board put me on ignore. you cannot help but take issue with everything that i post. just stop, my god.