Summer Transfer Window - 2018 Version

Jograves

4 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

So it looks like either Grealish is staying at Villa or he forces through a transfer to Spurs.

His brother is on twitter shooting down reports that he's pissed at the club and we signed McGinn from Hibernian today too. It's a good day for the AVFC MF today.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:34 PM, 406W30th said:

He played 68 minutes total across 7 matches. It's pretty dumb to judge him based on being a game-killing sub.

Not saying he doesn't have serious question marks, particularly about the long-term health of his knee, but judging him based on less than 70 minutes of game action in which he came in as France was just trying to wind down the clock is silly.

He scored 18 in 30 league matches last year, with 8 assists. He's got an insane free kick, won more fouls than anyone in the league, and is the captain of Lyon at age 24. He's a quality player.

Exactly my point. I know nothing about him except for those few minutes in the World Cup where I wasn’t impressed. Thus, my need to ask why everyone is so obsessed over him. I know nothing about him. 

Its obvious that I’m trying to not judge him for those few minutes in the World Cup, therefore, my need to ask the question. I’m sure that you watch a shit load of Lyon games, I didn’t. 

Yet, you judge me for asking a simple question. Nothing wrong for being ignorant about a topic and then asking about it. 

Fuckin aye, you guys are harsh.

On 8/7/2018 at 5:26 PM, Napoleon said:

My guess has always been that he doesn't look the part. When you compare the looks of Casillas & Navas, you know which one is going to sell more posters around the world.

I think that the Mesoamerican look isn't what Perez would prefer between the pipes. Tbo is pretty dorky looking if you ask me, but he is a typical continental European looking guy (in the traditional sense) and I think that Perez wants a certain look at key positions. 

Replacing Navas THIS YEAR is hardly a priority. Real could easily have just told Tbo that they would sign him in January and not paid a transfer fee and spent their money elsewhere. I think that it's stupid, but I don't know what the numbers are and whether Tbo's transfer fee will be covered by increased revenue.

Que sé yo?

I’m with you man. I don’t know if it’s an ethnic thing or a merch thing but it’s definitely not a soccer thing.

I stand by the theory that Navas is getting pushed aside bc he isn’t a “white” man. 

Lol such a twat.

At his presser

Thibaut Courtois: "I was loaned to Atleti, it was different. I’ve never kissed a crest before, but today I did because I felt it." "I have been a rival and I know what it is to face Real Madrid. Today I’m one of you. This is the best club in the world."

"Hazard has congratulated me on signing for Real Madrid. I'd like to play next to him again someday & if he came here it would be fantastic "

nxy9fo4pj2f11.jpg

Edited by MoJames

16 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

His brother is on twitter shooting down reports that he's pissed at the club and we signed McGinn from Hibernian today too. It's a good day for the AVFC MF today.

Well the BBC was reporting that he wasn’t happy and it’s been reported consistently that he was looking forward to playing in the PL and CL. It seems like his brother is doing damage control. I still don’t see how AVFC avoid FFP penalties since they need £50m in revenue by March.

6 hours ago, JNip said:

Exactly my point. I know nothing about him except for those few minutes in the World Cup where I wasn’t impressed. Thus, my need to ask why everyone is so obsessed over him. I know nothing about him. 

Its obvious that I’m trying to not judge him for those few minutes in the World Cup, therefore, my need to ask the question. I’m sure that you watch a shit load of Lyon games, I didn’t. 

Yet, you judge me for asking a simple question. Nothing wrong for being ignorant about a topic and then asking about it. 

Fuckin aye, you guys are harsh.

I said it was silly to judge a player based on less than 70 minutes of play, after you said you were "unimpressed" by those 68 minutes. 

And your suggestion that people are "obsessed" with a player insinuates some sort of preoccupation with him. He's a good player who would bring goals to any team who signed him. I haven't seen people losing their shit over him one way or the other.

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Well the BBC was reporting that he wasn’t happy and it’s been reported consistently that he was looking forward to playing in the PL and CL. It seems like his brother is doing damage control. I still don’t see how AVFC avoid FFP penalties since they need £50m in revenue by March.

Could be, but most of the fanbase would have been alright with him forcing a move to a CL squad. No idea on how the FFP stuff will play out but plenty of armchair pundits are saying "don't worry about it" with no evidence.

16 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Everton seem like they’ve made 15 signings this summer. Same with wolves and Fulham. I think some of the 10th-17th place clubs are going to be under some real heat from those two promoted sides. 

Everton have now completed two deals just moments before the transfer window closes.

Shortly after announcing the signing of Brazilian winger Bernard on a free transfer, the Toffees wrapped up a deal for Yerry Mina.

https://talksport.com/football/409024/transfer-deadline-day-everton-west-ham/

It's interesting with the buy portion closed, now clubs can work on loans and selling players that aren't going to fit in the squad.

In regards to CFC

Moses was linked for a bit to Wolves, Drinkwater to LCFC so those two will need redirected.

So looks like Bats to Valencia has legs.

Musonda will move out it appears.

43 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I give props to Tottenham for going with the Lloyd Dobler approach this transfer window. 

Tottenham buying this window was based on them moving Dembele and Alderweireld. Dembele turned down moves to China and Inter. Alderweireld had a pretty limited list of clubs that could afford the transfer fee we wanted and wages he wanted. United didn’t want to include Martial in any discussions and didn’t want to pay £55m+ so he didn’t move.

Tottenham’s biggest issue right now is having too many foreign trained players and not enough HG players. Dier and Davies don’t count as HG because the HG rules are idiotic (Dier came through Sporting’s academy and Davies came through the Welsh system right before the year it was included in the HG system. That meant we were really only looking to add players that fit in the HG category. Not buying anyone means we’ll give guys like Josh Onomah chances.

13 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Ok so what was the reason the FA closed their window 2-3 weeks early?

Never really paid attention to it until now.

Can’t just be because they start their season a week earlier than everyone else can it?

Clubs got tired of losing players a couple weeks into the season.

Not certain anyone is following the Malcom transfer, but it appears the players agent had his best interest in mind when they last moment switched from Roma to Barca.

“I was working on a deal for Fuzato, who is another of my clients, but Roma closed it with another agent, although it’s worth mentioning that I have nothing against him. In short, it was revenge.

“I’m sorry to say it, but that’s what it was. Roma behaved badly with us, 10 days before with the Fuzato deal, so we acted the same way towards them.

“Given the attitude shown towards us, I decided, together with Malcom, that the best destination wasn’t the Giallorossi one.

“And then again, in the same deal for Malcom, Monchi had involved other intermediaries. Today, however, Malcom is happy to be a new signing for Barcelona.”

On 8/9/2018 at 1:17 PM, Speedtrucker said:

Ok so what was the reason the FA closed their window 2-3 weeks early?

Never really paid attention to it until now.

Can’t just be because they start their season a week earlier than everyone else can it?

The FA honestly thought the other leagues would follow suit. No kidding.