2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Huge slate across the league tonight.

I have a feeling that we hang with Tech enough to cover the spread, and come tantalizingly close to a win, but come up short.  They're just too fucking good right now.  I think Baylor in Morgantown is interesting as hell too.

Fun little evening!

#5 Baylor @ WV (BU -6.5)
#7 KU @ OU (KU -3.5)
KSU @ #23 Texas (TEX -10)
#15 ISU @ #18 Texas Tech (TT -8) 

I think we cover, but I have a really difficult time seeing us win in Lubbock tonight.  I think unless Tech basketball reverts, Lubbock has risen into that top tier of toughest places to play with Allen and Hilton.  Bramlage and WVU Coliseum can get up there, but not as consistent, and I think GIA's glory days are as dead as disco.

1 minute ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We’ve missed a bunch of open shots tonight, but that begs the question of what kind of effect aggressive defense has on a shooter mentally.

Just look at Kevin Obanor, he's a career like 44% 3 point shooter and 80% FT shooter. Joins Big 12, immediately drops to close to 30%. He didn't immediately become a bad shooter, it's just way tougher in this league.

3 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We’ve missed a bunch of open shots tonight, but that begs the question of what kind of effect aggressive defense has on a shooter mentally.

Lotsa hurried shots.  Ain't nobody comfortable.

I like it except when my team has the ball...LMAO.

28 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

I swear I hate it more when Tech gets fouled than I do if they just let them play. This team just can't shoot FTs.

2nd half has been better.

I feel ya though CS-S loves ya.

12 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I think we cover, but I have a really difficult time seeing us win in Lubbock tonight.  I think unless Tech basketball reverts, Lubbock has risen into that top tier of toughest places to play with Allen and Hilton.  Bramlage and WVU Coliseum can get up there, but not as consistent, and I think GIA's glory days are as dead as disco.

The announcers are reading Surly. 

Iowa State hits up with TCU on the next game.

That'll get em back on the winning track.

Disagree with our fans chanting, 'overrated."  Cyclones are legit.

Edited by slorch

So the NCAA has a new constitution which provides this little provision. Perfect that it isn't retroactive for OSU, but will ensure that KU never has to face up to anything.

To be honest, the "current players didn't participate" argument was never a good one in my opinion. If a program cheats to get ahead and is caught, the program should be punished regardless of when it was discovered. The problem I have with the OSU punishment is that we as a program didn't cheat and got no competitive advantage out of anything that happened. One assistant coach enriched himself through federal crimes for which he was prosecuted. That is why the punishment is so ridiculously absurd.

image.png.fd613915eb3ef28c4dc6391466796c1d.png

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Between Huggins exploiting the rules of the game to extend it well beyond the norm, and the officials constantly disrupting the flow of this game, it has been miserable to watch.

A W is a W is a W but come the fuck on man I get so sick of this shit playing against WVU

Agreed. I absolutely dread playing WVU every time. 

2 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Between Huggins exploiting the rules of the game to extend it well beyond the norm, and the officials constantly disrupting the flow of this game, it has been miserable to watch.

A W is a W is a W but come the fuck on man I get so sick of this shit playing against WVU

Yep.  Felt the same way.

They play with a "They can't call em all" philosophy.  How'd that work out today?

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Its why he's usually an early out in the tourney.  the tournament officials don't give a shit about the whole "Press Virgina" marketing scheme...

• Hook 'Em 1