2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Kind of a fascinating game, both Baylor and Alabama have been really inconsistent this year. World beaters one game, total crap in another.

Not really much of a surprise that either team is playing the way they are.

Wish Texas had one of their guys that creates their own offense off the dribble

3 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Love these conference head-to-head matchups.  But, the Big 12-v-$ec is really just more of the “$ec on ESPiN” garbage.

I will not take being in that conference well …

Necessary evil. Not a huge fan of it either, but better that than the Big 12 for me. I mean, look what it's about to become after we're gone. BYU, Cincinnati, UofH, and UCF. Get me the fuck out of there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, SL Xpress said:

Necessary evil. Not a huge fan of it either, but better that than the Big 12 for me. I mean, look what it's about to become after we're gone. BYU, Cincinnati, UofH, and UCF. Get me the fuck out of there.

No argument.  It is a move that had to be made .. but, that shit is annoying.  Clearly, the $ec and ESPiN were made for each other.

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

I hate this damn Big 12-SEC challenge. It has forced me to root for both TCU and Baylor on the same day. 

I feel dirty. Truly unclean. 

i don't give a shit about this challenge.  i rooted for tcu because it makes our most recent win look all the more impressive.  i loved watching bama shove it up baylor's ass.  loved watching auburn beat ou too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

These announcers in the Tech game

1) said Chris Beard is coming home Tuesday night.  He IS home, that was at the root of the move.

2) said Adonis Arms was "a man among men." 

Whisky Tango Foxtrot?

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Tech is pretty good.

I hate to even say because I love the kid, he's the poster boy for team player and an elite defender, but we might be better without Shannon on the floor. Our offense has not looked good when he was in the last few games. I get that he's really talented and we needed to find a way to work him back in to the rotation after he was out for a month, but man did we stagnate quite a bit with him on the floor.

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

This is the best half of hoops I have seen this year. They are steamrolling the Jayhawks.

They looked this way against Tennessee, too. I fucking hate Calipari so much, but I have to grudgingly admit it was a fun team to watch that half. Fuck me.

3 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

They looked this way against Tennessee, too. I fucking hate Calipari so much, but I have to grudgingly admit it was a fun team to watch that half. Fuck me.

There is a story that has been told here in Pittsburgh for many years about when Calipari was an assistant at Kansas. It is said that he was sent to reclaim the money given to Curtis Aiken. Aiken was from Buffalo and he chose Pitt. Two seasons later Calipari was back in Pittsburgh on Pitt's staff, and Aiken was an upperclassmen at the time.

Just now, PittsburghTiger said:

There is a story that has been told here in Pittsburgh for many years about when Calipari was an assistant at Kansas. It is said that he was sent to reclaim the money given to Curtis Aiken. Aiken was from Buffalo and he chose Pitt. Two seasons later Calipari was back in Pittsburgh on Pitt's staff, and Aiken was an upperclassmen at the time.

How do you take back bag money? Threaten some leg breaking? Lol

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

College basketball is so weird sometimes.

This MSU team was a few lucky breaks from beating Kentucky on the road on Tuesday.

Now Kentucky is just fisting KU in Lawrence and it's hilarious.

Didn’t watch any of that game, was sort of surprised it took OT to pull it off, perhaps overlooking them for this game? 

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Did I read/or see on TV some talking heads saying that Kentucky would probably not be able to run with Kansas? Anyone else see that type of prognostication?

I didn't see any of that, but I'm sure someone said it. I figured KU would win but would have trouble with Kentucky considering they match up so poorly.