2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

2 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

829979333_ScreenShot2022-02-05at18_39_50.thumb.png.4d2705ea35fd4716e8d62dbe9e9d758c.png

Tell me based on overall record, conference record, and general trajectory, which two or more of the bottom five teams you expect to make the Tournament. ISU has a pretty easy schedule remaining, so I think they're relatively safe. However, this conference could only land half of its teams in the Tournament if those five cannibalize each other. It's likely six, but I don't see more than that barring a conference tournament champion from OSU, KSU, OU, or WVU.

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

So I'm bored and thinking about how the Big 12 standings could play out from here. The Big 12 shakes out as follows if the top 4 all split their series against each other and beat all of the other remaining teams on their schedule (all difficult asks but we'll assume it for the sake of argument). At this point, splits are all still possible, as Tech and Kansas are the only two that have played both games against each other so far:

1. Kansas (15-3 assuming a win vs. Texas and a loss @ Baylor)
  2. Baylor (14-4 assuming a win vs. Texas, a win @ Tech, a win vs. Kansas, and a loss @ Texas)
  3. Tech (13-5 assuming a loss @ Texas and a loss vs. Baylor)
  4. Texas (12-6 assuming a loss @ Baylor, a win vs. Tech, a win vs. Baylor, and a loss @ Kansas)

Of the top 4, I would say:

• Baylor will have the hardest time splitting their series, considering they aren't healthy/playing great right now and have already dropped a top 4 game at home. 
  • Kansas probably stands the best chance at winning out.
  • Tech probably has the best chance of actually splitting all of our top 4 series.
  • Texas has the toughest remaining schedule on paper so just about anything could happen.

I don't think there's any way it actually plays out this way (especially the top 4 all winning the rest of their games vs. the other 6 teams in the league) but it's fun to think about. In all actuality Kansas probably wins the conference and there's some weird tiebreaker shit going on between the other 3 teams.

12 hours ago, Js1 said:

Oh ISU

Yeah, we're done.  I don't think we win another game.  I don't think these guys had the stamina to keep playing that style night after night and they just simply have run out of gas.

A major improvement from last year, but a major let down from January.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

11 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah, we're done.  I don't think we win another game.  I don't think these guys had the stamina to keep playing that style night after night and they just simply have run out of gas.

A major improvement from last year, but a major let down from January.

Took a bunch of wild shots, hurried shots against us.   Your FGP is second worst in the league.  Does Coach Upper-body not teach shot selection or just not have control of the team?  Because I know you have guys that can shoot.  

Took a bunch of wild shots, hurried shots against us.   Your FGP is second worst in the league.  Does Coach Upper-body not teach shot selection or just not have control of the team?  Because I know you have guys that can shoot.  

I think it’s just fatigue-induced sloppiness.

And these guys haven’t been good shooters on a consistent basis. Generated a ton of transition scoring earlier in the year that has just vanished. When we get a steal lately they’ve just labored to get down the court

When I said a few weeks ago I could see Tech going to the FF or losing in the 2nd round, this is what I meant.  Tech could easily lose against some mid-major in the 1st or 2nd round who shoots lights out from the 3.  Something probably like a Belmont, a Nawf Iowa, or Liberty or something stupid like that. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pancho said:

When I said a few weeks ago I could see Tech going to the FF or losing in the 2nd round, this is what I meant.  Tech could easily lose against some mid-major in the 1st or 2nd round who shoots lights out from the 3.  Something probably like a Belmont, a Nawf Iowa, or Liberty or something stupid like that. 

That’s true of about 20 teams. 

1 minute ago, Horns RD Standard said:

Eh, i mean technically its a loss to a projected tourney team on the road in conference. If they truly were the top #3 seed, i cant see this moving them all the way off the 3 seed line. But what do i know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lunardi had OU last four in going into tonight. I guess they're a "projected tourney team" but just barely. They kind of needed this win. 

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes.  Strong Net etc.  But need more W’s down the stretch.  2 games under .500 in conference very likely gets OU in.  

Hard to finish 4-3 but if they did, they’d deserve to be in. Texas, at Tech, KU, at ISU, at KSU, Bedlam, WV. Very little margin for error.

17-14 and 7-11 in the Big 12 is almost certainly getting OU a bid if there aren't many upsets in the conference tournaments. 

OU now has 4 Q1 wins and 8 combined Q1/Q2 wins. 

The bubble is going to be bad and having that many quality wins will get the job done. 

Edited by texasstrong12

8 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm less bothered about the loss than the lack of effort. First time I've seen them just sleepwalking for most of a game.

I'm sure it'll be a good lesson.

That's the only positive I saw in the game.  Adams  and staff have their work cut out for them with trying to be focused against TCU, as well.

"Wake the fuck up, or we will PT your ass until it is sucking buttermilk."

Edited by slorch