2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

4 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Looks like it may come down to Texas to break the tie.

What? It looks like if Texas doesn't win, the SEC wins the challenge 7-3. I'm particularly disappointed in OSU's collapse versus Florida. But yeah, considering the no lube consideration Kentucky is giving to KU in their own home, The SEC is going to be up 6-3 for the Tennessee matchup.

Barnes' grandson is on the bench right by him?

I don't care who ya are, that'd be badass if you're the kid.

"Yeah, i'm going to work with Grandad tonight. On national TV"

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Well there best top 10 vs our 10. Not seeing your point. 

It has been a disappointing result regardless. I really thought OSU was going to take it to Florida based on the first half, and then Kentucky just prison raped KU. 

But the SEC's bottom teams are notoriously bad. And they're not playing.

TCU was a really nice win. And Texas Tech and Iowa State had predictable results in their matchups. But I thought the Big 12 would do better than they have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

It has been a disappointing result regardless. I really thought OSU was going to take it to Florida based on the first half, and then Kentucky just prison raped KU. 

But the SEC's bottom teams are notoriously bad. And they're not playing.

TCU was a really nice win. And Texas Tech and Iowa State had predictable results in their matchups. But I thought the Big 12 would do better than they have.

I get it but if we’re the best conference why would want the “bottom four” of the sec to play? Bad matchups I guess today.

6 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I get it but if we’re the best conference why would want the “bottom four” of the sec to play? Bad matchups I guess today.

I don't want them to play. But if you look at the metrics the SEC top 5 teams are rated higher than the Big 12. The middle 5 teams are in the Big 12's favor, but we're comparing 3/4/5/6/7 to 5/6/7/8/9. The big advantage for the Big 12 in terms of strength is that the bottom five are light years better than any other conferences' bottom 5. Still, we're in agreement. I wanted and expected a different result.

Edited by SL Xpress

18 minutes ago, slorch said:

IDGAF about conference bullshit.  Go be fucking aggy if you eat that shit up.

Today was fun, I like the matchups; but I really only care about one fucking team.

I don’t obsess over it, but it is nice to beat the constantly crowing SEC. 

Completely off topic, but why the change to the Comfort Suites avatar?

2 minutes ago, Tommy Shelby said:

I don’t obsess over it, but it is nice to beat the constantly crowing SEC. 

Completely off topic, but why the change to the Comfort Suites avatar?

It was the last place Chris Beard was a Tech employee- Plainview, TX in particular.  His choice.  Enjoy.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Kansas and Baylor are good but you can definitely beat them if you show up. 

I think we're going to find that there isn't much separating any of the top 4 teams in the conference in the coming weeks. Kansas is really fortunate to just have 1 loss so far. It may wind up putting them in the driver's seat once the dust settles.