2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

Woke up to the Tech-OU score this morning and thought I was still dreaming. How does OU beat the team by 15 that eviscerated us? By damn near hitting half of their 28 3-pointers while Tech goes 2 for 17. Glad we didn’t face that Sooner team. Hope we play that Tech squad at FEC but somehow I think not.

4 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Woke up to the Tech-OU score this morning and thought I was still dreaming. How does OU beat the team by 15 that eviscerated us? By damn near hitting half of their 28 3-pointers while Tech goes 2 for 17. Glad we didn’t face that Sooner team. Hope we play that Tech squad at FEC but somehow I think not.

I hate to digress again so soon, but, do you know chance?

- hal ashby

2 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

As someone posted on the last page, Tech doesn't hit their 3s as well on the road as they seem to do at home. 

OU at home hitting 3s is usually not as good as last night, outside of the ISU game. 

KSU 10-27 (37%)
ISU 8-17 (47%)
KU 4-17 (24%)
Baylor 5-18 (28%)
TCU 6-26 (23%)
Texas Tech 13-28 (46%)

23 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Lack of effort, poor shooting, OU hot in the second half due to the former. Really all it boils down to.

It really feels like our team feeds off crowd energy, no matter where we are. All of our best performances have been in front of big crowds, even on the road.

57 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Lack of effort, poor shooting, OU hot in the second half due to the former. Really all it boils down to.

It really feels like our team feeds off crowd energy, no matter where we are. All of our best performances have been in front of big crowds, even on the road.

Also starting to hit the back-end of the schedule when some of the bottom half of the Big 12 teams are starting to hit the panic button and need some wins against the Big Dogs if they want to make the dance.

OU, KSU, WV, ISU are going to be dangerous for the next month in desperation mode.  OSU too, but they just want to fuck shit up for fun since they can't go dancing. 

Think Texas is well positioned with the back part of our schedule because of the bottom 5 teams, we only play 2 of them (@OU and @WV), so it's hard to lose focus when you play 5 more games against the top half of the conference. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Also starting to hit the back-end of the schedule when some of the bottom half of the Big 12 teams are starting to hit the panic button and need some wins against the Big Dogs if they want to make the dance.

OU, KSU, WV, ISU are going to be dangerous for the next month in desperation mode.  OSU too, but they just want to fuck shit up for fun since they can't go dancing. 

Think Texas is well positioned with the back part of our schedule because of the bottom 5 teams, we only play 2 of them (@OU and @WV), so it's hard to lose focus when you play 5 more games against the top half of the conference. 

Definitely. Y'all have probably the toughest remaining schedule (maybe OU has it tougher? I looked the other day but can't remember). It'll be an interesting month for sure.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I mean we'll see what happens Saturday, but I really don't think ISU is a threat to anyone at this point.  Even if we're desperate mentally, I think they're just too physically spent for it to matter.

Man, your guys look like they ran as hard as you can right into a brick wall. Big XII play is so tough...

24 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

So Jamie Dixon's stupid ass was standing too close to where McCullar was shooting a 3, he steps back and steps on Dixon's fucking foot and twists his ankle. Could not put any weight on it. Fantastic, thanks coach.

This should lead to officials monitoring how far into the court coaches are standing. There’s a box they definitely ignore. 

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

He wasn't on the court but he was standing way too close to a player in the process of shooting, and didn't bother to get out of the way.

That happens a lot I feel like. Even if not “on” the court, coaches are often entirely close to live ball plays 

• Like 1

Rumor has it that McCullar has a broken foot thanks to Jamie Dixon. Huge blow to Tech if true.

e: I'm absolutely fucking livid about this. I can't remember the last time I was this pissed off about something happening on a college basketball court. Coaches need to stay the fuck away from play. God damn it.

Edited by Brian Fantana

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Rumor has it that McCullar has a broken foot thanks to Jamie Dixon. Huge blow to Tech if true.

e: I'm absolutely fucking livid about this. I can't remember the last time I was this pissed off about something happening on a college basketball court. Coaches need to stay the fuck away from play. God damn it.

If the league is going to fine Texas $25k for not securing KU players and staff from the court storming the other night, they should do the same to Dixon/TCU.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, harpercollins said:

This absolutely sucks for McCullar, but I watched the tape, and Dixon was not on the court at the time of the collision. McCullar stepped back close to the bench when transitioning to defense. Hugely unfortunate.

Yep. I’m as biased towards Tech as any alumna there is, and I despise Jamie Dixon and TCU.  But that was simply a bad luck, fluke accident. Dixon didn’t do anything wrong. 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

What is this? Rep fishing the Tech fans?

On 2/13/2022 at 1:20 PM, harpercollins said:

This absolutely sucks for McCullar, but I watched the tape, and Dixon was not on the court at the time of the collision. McCullar stepped back close to the bench when transitioning to defense. Hugely unfortunate.

On 2/13/2022 at 1:35 PM, Uncle Nate said:

Yep. I’m as biased towards Tech as any alumna there is, and I despise Jamie Dixon and TCU.  But that was simply a bad luck, fluke accident. Dixon didn’t do anything wrong. 

Now now - let's not get too hasty. I'm sure there's a way we can fine or sanction the TCU program for this abhorrent display of recklessness that could have left a fine Tech student-athlete crippled for life.