2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Baylor not playing great lately

Are they still missing Cryer? Haven't been able to watch this one until now

Not sure. They were incredibly lucky that Taz left this one with 3 mins left. He had 29 up to that point and they're going to squeak this out by a couple possessions. 

Regardless - someone will beat them come March. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Not sure. They were incredibly lucky that Taz left this one with 3 mins left. He had 29 up to that point and they're going to squeak this out by a couple possessions. 

Regardless - someone will beat them come March. 

It's weird to see them not playing good defense lately. They held Villanova to what, 36 points? in that arena earlier this season.

29 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

It's weird to see them not playing good defense lately. They held Villanova to what, 36 points? in that arena earlier this season.

To be fair to the 4x National Champion Baylor Bears WVU was cooking from beyond the arc. It was problematic early and Baylor was playing sloppy on top of it which drug the game out a bit.

I really think WVU maybe hands them an L if Taz doesn't go out. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, harpercollins said:

Ohhhh I missed the /s tag. Got it now.

I’m really unobservant! I’ve never noticed that.

It wasn't really sarcasm and it didn't take me long to notice. Maybe a new feature? Personally I can't decide if it's a big dick move or kind of lame. If the women's titles were from like, 40 years ago it would be extremely cringey. I'm guessing the actual blue bloods with multiple titles will give you shit for it. 

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

They aren't getting in at 7-11 after that ass blasting against Auburn.

Baylor has closed this one out by blinding Taz Sherman. 

I think there will definitely be a 7-11 Big 12 team that makes the tournament this year if one of TCU, OU, WV, or Iowa State ends up with that record. 

T-Rank projects OU to go 7-11 and based on that resume they have a 66.6% chance of making the tournament. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think there will definitely be a 7-11 Big 12 team that makes the tournament this year if one of TCU, OU, WV, or Iowa State ends up with that record. 

T-Rank projects OU to go 7-11 and based on that resume they have a 66.6% chance of making the tournament. 

Damn you might be right. The 68 team format gives a lot of margin for error. 

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Man it's really hard to beat Kansas if you can't abuse McCormack

I mean, they just abused Lightfoot on defense on two trips in a row. Doesn't have to be McCormack being abused.

Both offenses look terrible, but I find myself saying that with great frequency watching Big 12 conference play.

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

We’re just tossing away transition opportunities like crazy. Kansas is giving us every opportunity to get in this game and we refuse to take them up on that.

Had a conversion the last trip down. But even that one almost got away. Still made it. Still counts.

The good news is those opportunities are likely there as the game progresses, too. Just clean it up.

There's a transition basket. KU with 11 turnovers already.

McCormack couldn't wait for my post to register before making it 12.

I'm not saying anything new, but McCormack is terrible. It's almost like addition by subtraction when he's off the floor. 

KU's front court is unbelievably underwhelming.

Edited by SL Xpress

16 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

What a shit-ass offensive effort.

But, whatever. If we play this game 1/3rd of the time we’re still well on our way to the dance and that’s a massive win considering our preseason expectations

To put it mildly. And, more important, you have a coach to hopefully build to the future with.