2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

29 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Also, just 1 more tech thing and I’ll move on…

Some of the tech posters whined that Texas never carried their weight or did anything in the B12, if I recall that thread correctly.

Texas won 4 Big 12 titles today alone.

Naw, y’all are the class of the league. Just create a hostile work environment lol

Tired of seeing KU winning league titles, but I've gotta give the 'Hawks credit for being very entertaining. Best game I've watched so far this season was that thriller with Tech in Lawrence, followed by our 'Horns edging them in Austin.

Tonight's showdown with Baylor has also been excellent. Up and down, back and forth, and intense. Absolutely no idea who's gonna win.

12 hours ago, Gut Wagon said:

Love me some Mike Miles. If we had him instead of Carr, we'd probably be a 2 seed. 

Same here. Kid is dynamic. I don't understand how he was rated outside of the top 150 in 2020 class. He played his AAU ball alongside both Greg Brown and Cade Cunningham so it isn't a question of nobody getting a chance to see him. Dude is a fucking baller. 

Tech almost certainly about to fuck around and lose to KSU at home. There is no effort at all. I am absolutely perplexed by this game and the previous game. There is no intensity or effort at all on either end of the floor. Something has gone entirely wrong. I'm not sure if it's injuries, fatigue, or some combination of that plus other factors that's catching up to us.

Edited by Brian Fantana

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Does anyone know who has the 2nd tiebreaker if Texas beats Kansas and Baylor handles ISU?

I mean - would we be handing fucking Baylor a B12 title if we win in Lawrence? 

They don't really do tiebreakers in terms of conference championships, and no one references who was the #1 seed in years where there was a tie. Both programs get a trophy.

But I don't see Texas beating KU in Phog, so for me it's moot. And if we did happen to beat the Jayhawks, while I wouldn't like Baylor getting a trophy, I'd gladly take that as a consequence.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, ztejas said:

Does anyone know who has the 2nd tiebreaker if Texas beats Kansas and Baylor handles ISU?

I mean - would we be handing fucking Baylor a B12 title if we win in Lawrence? 

Co-champs, but KU gets #1 seed based on going 1-1 against the #3 team (Tech) because Baylor was 0-2

The last 2 games for Tech were how I thought this whole season would go.

To their credit, again playing without McCullar and TSJ is gimpy( dude with back issues takes charge and then draws contact driving the lane soon after.)  Could not put the Frogs or Cats away and it was dangerous as hell.

Good news: The Red Raiders don't play until this Saturday and then are off until the following Friday, 11MAR22.  I'm pumped.  Let the healing begin...

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Good news: The Red Raiders don't play until this Saturday and then are off until the following Friday, 11MAR22.  I'm pumped.  Let the healing begin...  The last 2 games for Tech were how I thought this whole season would go.  To their credit, again playing without McCullar and TSJ is gimpy( dude with back issues takes charge and then draws contact driving the lane soon after.)  Could not put the Frogs or Cats away and it was dangerous as hell.

Yah mean off till Thursday, 10MAR22 right?? 

Same for Texas... At Kansas Saturday, then play Thursday in Early Game.

2022 Phillips 66 BIg 12 Men's Basketball Championship Tournament

• First Round – Wednesday, March 9
    • 6 p.m.  No. 8 Seed vs. No. 9 Seed (TBA)

• Quarterfinals – Thursday, March 10
    • 11:30 a.m. – No. 4 Seed vs. No. 5 Seed (TBA)
    • 2 p.m. – No. 1 Seed vs. No. 8/9 Seed Winner (TBA)
    • 6 p.m. – No. 2 Seed vs. No. 7 Seed (TBA)
    • 8:30 p.m. – No. 3 Seed vs. No. 6 Seed (TBA)

• Semifinals – Friday, March 11
    • 6 p.m. – Semifinal 1 (TBA)
    • 8:30 p.m. – Semifinal 2 (TBA)

• Championship Game – Saturday, March 12
    • 5 p.m. – Final (TBA)

Will be interesting to see how Drew approaches the conference tournament.  There's an advantage to being a 1 in the big tournament but at the expense of wearing out a very thin team over 3 days?  Assuming Cryer is done Drew is playing 6 players now. May not be worth even dealing with the conference tournament. 

Sounds like it's time for us to do what we do best.  Drink KC dry and win the Big 12 tournament after a middling regular season.

Albeit, this "middling regular season" has been an overwhelming success for us, all things considered.  Winning the Big 12 tournament buy Otz a mountain of good will regardless of what happened in the Dance.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Will be interesting to see how Drew approaches the conference tournament.  There's an advantage to being a 1 in the big tournament but at the expense of wearing out a very thin team over 3 days?  Assuming Cryer is done Drew is playing 6 players now. May not be worth even dealing with the conference tournament. 

Was thinking about this as well.  I don't think losing game 1 of the Big XII tourney would move Baylor off the 1 seed line.  May not be a reason to even worry about the Big XII tourney at all.  Maybe there's a chance Cryer could play in 2 weeks for 10-15/night in the NCAA.  

5 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Sounds like it's time for us to do what we do best.  Drink KC dry and win the Big 12 tournament after a middling regular season.

Albeit, this "middling regular season" has been an overwhelming success for us, all things considered.  Winning the Big 12 tournament buy Otz a mountain of good will regardless of what happened in the Dance.

I mean, Otz would just be following in the line of Prohm, Hoiberg, and Eustachy. All 3 have won tourneys for ISU at Hilton South.

7 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

blOU finishing up win over Wvu tonight -- need win at k-state on Saturday to avoid #8/#9 game in B12 Tournament on Wednesday.  

SCHOOL BIG 12 OVERALL
Kansas 12-3 23-5
Baylor 13-4 25-5
Texas Tech 12-5 23-7
Texas 10-7 21-9
TCU 7-8 18-9
Iowa State 7-9 20-9
Oklahoma State 6-10 13-15
Kansas State 6-11 14-15
Oklahoma 6-11 16-14
West Virginia 3-14 14-16