2021-22 Big XII Basketball Thread of Fuck Baylor

El Diablo

Texas is locked into the #4 seed at either 10-8 or 11-7, facing most likely #5 seed TCU in the Big 12 quarterfinals.  TCU holds most of the tiebreakers with ISU - really the only way we face ISU as the #5 seed is if ISU manages to beat Baylor. 

If Texas beats KU, Baylor wins the conference (if they beat ISU).  Tech is the #2 seed based on results against the #1 team (2-0 versus Baylor, versus 1-1 for KU).

If KU wins and Baylor wins, they tie but KU is the #1 seed based on their 1-1 record versus the #3 seed (Tech), compared to Baylor's 0-2. 

I'd say we *almost* want to lose to KU to avoid facing Baylor in the Big 12 semifinals (if we get past TCU)?  KU is a better matchup for us than Baylor.  But I'd prefer to finish with 2 more wins and finish 11-7 in conference and 23-10, if we can. 

Edited by Js1

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

Texas is locked into the #4 seed at either 10-8 or 11-7, facing most likely #5 seed TCU in the Big 12 quarterfinals.  TCU holds most of the tiebreakers with ISU - really the only way we face ISU as the #5 seed is if ISU manages to beat Baylor. 

If Texas beats KU, Baylor wins the conference (if they beat ISU).  Tech is the #2 seed based on results against the #1 team (2-0 versus Baylor, versus 1-1 for KU).

If KU wins and Baylor wins, they tie but KU is the #1 seed based on their 1-1 record versus the #3 seed (Tech), compared to Baylor's 0-2. 

I'd say we *almost* want to lose to KU to avoid facing Baylor in the Big 12 semifinals (if we get past TCU)?  KU is a better matchup for us than Baylor.  But I'd prefer to finish with 2 more wins and finish 11-7 in conference and 23-10, if we can. 

They’ve been pretty clear that they aren’t moving Tech ahead of Baylor regardless of the balance of season. The 2 sites suck, with it heing Indy or Greenville.  If they don’t put Tech as the 3 in the South, pretty unlikely if Baylor maintains the 1; I’m cool with going west and getting another cut at Timme…should Tech advance.

16 minutes ago, slorch said:

They’ve been pretty clear that they aren’t moving Tech ahead of Baylor regardless of the balance of season. The 2 sites suck, with it heing Indy or Greenville.  If they don’t put Tech as the 3 in the South, pretty unlikely if Baylor maintains the 1; I’m cool with going west and getting another cut at Timme…should Tech advance.

I’m talking conference tournament scenarios only. Not NCAAT seeding 

All I know is that it’s not the top of the league that makes it so tough. The bottom half is fucking brutal. Comparing the bottom 5 teams in this league to any other is a fucking joke. Honestly, I can’t remember a year where the bottom 5 teams were this tough. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

I feel like Okie State is gonna beat us on Saturday

Meh, we played pretty terrible and just caught ISU on a night they played worse. We’re certainly capable, but easily bated into turnovers, and can’t shoot for shit. We’d have to be better than normal and you much worse. It is our last game of the year, period, maybe it’ll light a fire, but the odds are way against that happening.

If they get a two-fer, that'll be just one more thing this Big XII season that is wild as hell.

Phog magic inbound.

Edited by slorch