Tulane @ SMU - ESPN

ztejas

Just now, ztejas said:

Kid's been getting drilled all night. One too many carries. Really fucking dumb from their HC. 

And assuming we'll be missing whoever that was for the 1st half next weekend. 

Real time, hit didn’t appear illegal to me. Gunna wait for replay after commercial break to see how “illegal” it was

1 minute ago, The Deuce said:

Real time, hit didn’t appear illegal to me. Gunna wait for replay after commercial break to see how “illegal” it was

Late. Non targeting.

Either way that's one of the worst hits I've seen in awhile. Little bit too tough for his own good tonight. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Late. Non targeting.

Either way that's one of the worst hits I've seen in awhile. Little bit too tough for his own good tonight. 

I think it was clean all the way around. Should have been a fumble. QB slid way late, and defender was already committed. These days, officials will throw laundry if it’s a big hit. It’s bullshit, but is what it is i guess

3 minutes ago, The Deuce said:

I think it was clean all the way around. Should have been a fumble. QB slid way late, and defender was already committed. These days, officials will throw laundry if it’s a big hit. It’s bullshit, but is what it is i guess

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

and this clown announcer screaming that everyone KNEW the QB was sliding.....

BULLSHIT.   that fool didnt start to slide until a millisecond before the defender decleated and deballed him. 

Yeah. I was wondering why it wasn't a fumble. He was midair when he got hit. I feel like in some way the officials are conditioned at this point to throw a flag whenever something that violent happens.

Like the color guy said though - it's the QB's own damn fault. Just keep your pads up there. You might get popped but you aren't getting blindsided and crunched into the turf like that. Sliding late is never a good idea.

Just now, ButtFumble said:

defender was making the move before the slide started

they need to get it back to where the QB understands he is going to get hit some and he prepares instead of thinking he can just pull the ripcord at the last second and s safe

The protection given to QB these days is very advantageous to a true dual threat. I’ve seen numerous times where the QB heads towards the sidelines and instead of going out, they cut to tiptoe the sideline for extra 4-7 yds. Defenders are taught to pull up when they see the QB heading that way, and QB uses the “flag anything involving a QB” to their advantage to get extra yards without fear of being popped

• Hook 'Em 1

dude looks like he has a rocket arm and he looks pretty casual

this is the kind of shit that Texas has been missing for a while now......a young QB and a game when he can just come in and play with an attitude and not worry if he fucks up a little and when he does not fuck up he looks like an ass kicker

We should be higher than 15 if we win these next 3. Houston is pretty good and Memphis is not a slouch at home. 

And yeah - our schedule this year is fucking rough. At the two best teams in the conference - Cincy doesn't even play UH this year 

Edited by ztejas

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

We should be higher than 15 if we win these next 3. Houston is pretty good and Memphis is not a slouch at home. 

And yeah - our schedule this year is fucking rough. At the two best teams in the conference - Cincy doesn't even play UH this year 

If Sonny can keep winning, hopefully gameday will come to Cincy for that game next month. 

20 hours ago, Doak said:

that'll do it..

IMG_0999.jpeg

SMU football: All your transfers are belong to us

19 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

SMU has become a great place for great players that did not win the starting job at top program. I hope they keep it up.

Sonny and Samples know how to take advantage of the transfer portal. It's a brilliant move. What SMU does is recruit to every 4 and 5 star kid in DFW knowing they have no chance of signing most. They get the kids on campus for games and multiple college visits, get their families to visit and stay in contact as best as they can with said recruit. Since a lot of kids bust at P5 schools, when they see one they recruited to in the portal, they reach out and sell on why they should come home. It's working! Also, with how well the program has been is the Dykes era its one hell of a sell. 

• Hook 'Em 2