GameDay: Cincy vs. Tulsa

956 Worldwide

I’d love a clear explanation of why GameDay picked Cincy vs a 3-5 Tulsa team that doesn’t involve trying to influence CFP rankings. Especially considering some pretty good ranked team matchups that could impact P5 races in the Big XII and SEC.  Or if you wanna go G5, UTSA v. UTEP is a great storyline. 

This is a total shit game, if Cincy really is the number 2 team they should drill the Golden Hurricane. The matchup with SMU lost some luster with the Mustangs loss but at least it should be competitive if they really wanted to go there for a game. 

I am trying to think when the last time was that they featured a matchup between teams so clearly mismatched in record and status this late in the season. 

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Same day as Michigan State @ Ohio State and Prairie View @ Texas A&M. No way they want to go to Cincy/SMU over those two.

Also UCLA-USC. Plus I assume this is their first time going to Cincinnati and they want to make sure to go there when the Bearcats are undefeated and ranked higher than they’ve ever been ranked before. And there really aren’t much in the way of other compelling games on Saturday so what the hell?

Just now, bornbama1 said:

The talking morons on ESPiN have to pump Cincy for the playoff, have to get that non power 5 team in. It will be a slobber-fest of epic proportions, must see 
TV, LOL!

Wut? ESPN would hate to have Cincy in the playoffs. They 100% want there to be debate and controversy but they want a playoffs of Ohio State, Georgia, Oklahoma, and Alabama.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Also UCLA-USC. Plus I assume this is their first time going to Cincinnati and they want to make sure to go there when the Bearcats are undefeated and ranked higher than they’ve ever been ranked before. And there really aren’t much in the way of other compelling games on Saturday so what the hell?

Ummm….Baylor v Oklahoma is a top 15 matchup and will have a huge impact on the Big XII race. Auburn v A&M is a top 15 matchup that could very well have an impact on the SEC-W race. UTSA v UTEP features a great storyline between two teams seeing unprecedented success. 

Great rivalries include Border War in the PAC-12 and LSU-Bama. Not great games but number 2 vs a 3-5 Tulsa shouldn’t be a either.

Its a shit game and they are there solely to gin up controversy about the G5. No big conference implications, no rivalry, no great atmosphere, and on paper no contest. 

50 minutes ago, bornbama1 said:

The talking morons on ESPiN have to pump Cincy for the playoff, have to get that non power 5 team in. It will be a slobber-fest of epic proportions, must see 
TV, LOL!

They're usually accused of pumping SEC.  At worst they're just balancing things out.

10 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Big Noon Kickoff > ESPN College Gameday

Much better. I thought it was better when Urban was on and it’s gotten a little more showy since the remodeling they did after they added Stoops. I can’t watch GameDay but hopefully the UC fans turn out on Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Much better. I thought it was better when Urban was on and it’s gotten a little more showy since the remodeling they did after they added Stoops. I can’t watch GameDay but hopefully the UC fans turn out on Saturday. 

I watch it muted when it's on at work. Much better than hearing Corso and the Bear