Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

Roach

Spoiler

— 2025 Lucas Lovejoy tight end Bear Tenney said the visit was a great experience for him. His trip exceeded expectations and he said he loves the way Texas uses the tight end in the offense. He also liked the facilities and said it was one of the best college visits he’s been on. Tenney recently moved to the Dallas area from Arizona and the trip put Texas in a strong position. Georgia, Clemson, Alabama and Oklahoma are also in on the recruitment at the moment. It’s still early in the process, but Texas put themselves in a great position for Tenney.

— The Longhorns also remain in a good spot for Cy-Fair defensive lineman and Texas legacy Landon Rink. Rink was back on campus again and said the energy from the players was amazing and they looked great during the game. Texas is standing out as a top school for Rink along with programs like Texas A&M, Notre Dame and Oklahoma. If the Longhorns stay the course, they should stay in the driver’s seat.

— 2025 Shadow Creek wide receiver Jacorey Watson is one of the top young prospects in the nation and he said Texas is pouring a lot into his recruitment. Watson said he enjoyed the display the offense put on and feels he’s a priority for the Longhorns. There are several assistants around the country who feel that Watson is one of the best in a loaded 2025 wide receiver class.

Arch Manning could likely make millions by monetizing his name, image and likeness.

Instead, the incoming freshman quarterback has decided not to sign any NIL deals until he starts playing on a regular basis at Texas, coach Steve Sarkisian said Wednesday.

"He’s taken zero money from an NIL perspective," Sarkisian said during an appearance at the Touchdown Club of Houston, according to The Athletic..

Note and quotes/article on Davon Mitchell, the #2TE.  https://247sports.com/Player/Davon-Mitchell-46131020/ 

image.thumb.png.f6ad507332435a9710770e263c0afc93.png

Texas- “Texas has been in the picture with me for a wile and I have a great relationship with Jeff Banks, the TE coach. I like how they used the tight end last year, moving him all around and that’s something I’m interested in doing.”

Four-Star '25 TE Davon Mitchell cuts his list to five
GREG BIGGINS

Spoiler

Four-Star '25 TE Davon Mitchell cuts his list to five
GREG BIGGINS

Los Alamitos (Calif.) sophomore tight end Davon Mitchell cut his list of schools down to five over the weeknd and broke down what stands out about each of his finalists.

in the recently updated Top247 for the ’25 class, Mitchell checked in as the No. 1 prospect in the state. He’s also rated the No. 19 player nationally in the Top247, No. 14 in the 247Sports Composite and is also the No. 2 tight end nationally in both sets of rankings.

Mitchell played his first two years at Allen (Texas) before transferring in to Los Al in the off-season. We’ve seen him multiple times this Spring and he has always impressed.

He was our top tight end at the Under Armour Next Camp in SoCal earlier in the month where he looked all of 6-3, 250 pounds and had no problems getting open. He has strong hands, runs well and has very good body control.

On the recruiting front, Mitchell has a final five that consists of Alabama, Miami, Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M.

“I chose those five schools because they’re the ones I talk with the most and have the best relationship with,” Mitchell said. “Those are the schools that I can see myself at. I have good relationships with those coaching staffs and I like how they all use the tight end.”

Mitchell talked more about each of his finalists:

Alabama- “Alabama is basically home for me. I’m from there and I grew up a Bama fan, watching them play Auburn in the Iron Bowl. I liked what I saw from them and I have a great relationship with the coaches over there as well.”

Miami- “Miami just recently came in to the picture. I recently visited and liked it there a lot. I like the offense and how they use the tight ends, that really impressed me. I loved the energy out there as well and I think I could fit in well there.”

Oklahoma- “Oklahoma has been in the picture with me for a very long time. They have been recruiting me since I was a freshman and even though it’s a new staff in place now, I already have good relationships with the whole staff.”

Texas- “Texas has been in the picture with me for a wile and I have a great relationship with Jeff Banks, the TE coach. I like how they used the tight end last year, moving him all around and that’s something I’m interested in doing.”

Texas A&M- “I have a great connection with their coaching staff. I’m interested in watching the offense this year and seeing how they use the tight end but I’m very comfortable with everyone over there and that’s how they made my list.”

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun