Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

As a south texas resident all I know is I’ll be fucking pissed if we don’t get anyone from the SA area this class. Haven’t seen this much talent around there since the Manziel and Malcolm Brown days. Michael Terry, Ty Hawkins, Jaden Perez, Keven Hernandez, Chad Warner. Get me somebody. 

This is a true Helobious gem, right here. Of the 5 players you listed, 2 of them are QBs when we already have KJ Lacey committed, and one of those 2 is committed to TCU. Two other players are completely unranked. Another doesn't even have an on3 or 247 profile, and the highest ranked player by 247 is a .90. I will say that Michael Terry III at least has a composite score of .94, but generally speaking you've listed 3 dudes that aren't ranked, 2 guys substantially inferior to a player we already have committed at that position, and Michael Terry. In short:

Your list fucking sucks.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is a true Helobious gem, right here. Of the 5 players you listed, 2 of them are QBs when we already have KJ Lacey committed, and one of those 2 is committed to TCU. Two other players are completely unranked. Another doesn't even have an on3 or 247 profile, and the highest ranked player by 247 is a .90. I will say that Michael Terry III at least has a composite score of .94, but generally speaking you've listed 3 dudes that aren't ranked, 2 guys substantially inferior to a player we already have committed at that position, and Michael Terry. In short:

Your list fucking sucks.  

Whatever, man. I agree with @Helobious's line of thinking. If Texas doesn't sign a guy from Pasadena/Clear Lake/Deer Park/Baytown in the 2025 class, I'm going to come completely un-fucking-hinged.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Your list fucking sucks.  

Ha. Typical uneducated response. They’ll all blow up this season, just watch.

Hernandez is a hidden gem, an electric ATH playing QB that led his shitty inner-city football team to the playoffs last year. Granted he’s a panamanian immigrant from what I hear that may not get how recruiting works, hence no presence on the sites or any camps.

Michael Terry is the the guy you’ll see on sundays for sure. 6-3 and can absolutely fly. I hear he’s taking over at QB but his future is  at WR. Dominated at KR as well. Jaden Perez has camped with UT and is an underrated steal too. I’ll give you that we’re probably set at QB, but Hawkins is going to tear shit up at TCU. Dude can ball.

40 minutes ago, Helobious said:

As a south texas resident all I know is I’ll be fucking pissed if we don’t get anyone from the SA area this class. Haven’t seen this much talent around there since the Manziel and Malcolm Brown days. Michael Terry, Ty Hawkins, Jaden Perez, Keven Hernandez, Chad Warner. Get me somebody. 

40 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Freddie Dubose
nm, wrong thread, I'm an idiot

Edited by cafe society

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Ha. Typical uneducated response. They’ll all blow up this season, just watch.

Hernandez is a hidden gem, an electric ATH playing QB that led his shitty inner-city football team to the playoffs last year. Granted he’s a panamanian immigrant from what I hear that may not get how recruiting works, hence no presence on the sites or any camps.

Michael Terry is the the guy you’ll see on sundays for sure. 6-3 and can absolutely fly. I hear he’s taking over at QB but his future is  at WR. Dominated at KR as well. Jaden Perez has camped with UT and is an underrated steal too. I’ll give you that we’re probably set at QB, but Hawkins is going to tear shit up at TCU. Dude can ball.

"Your post is uneducated. Sure, one guy I mentioned is Panamanin immigrant, so he doesn't actually seem interested in getting a college scholarship, and the other guy I really cited was also the guy you admitted might be pretty good. And yes, I know that we're done at the QB position, but that didn't stop me from putting 2 QBs in my list when I said I would throw a tantram if one didn't go to UT. I guess I could have just listed the other 3 recruits, since there is zero chance that 40% of my list of Must Recruit kids will get recruited by UT, but I admit I was distracted by the gleam of my $22 amazon fake gold chain in the mirror. Another guy is definitely underrated and a steal, in my expert opinion, and that is despite him having camped at UT and UT inexplicably not having offered him on the spot. Which is so weird."

• Rage+1 1

Don’t get me started on the 2026 fountain of talent building in the RGV next. And I wear fake silver, not fake gold. 

Laugh all you want at my list, just remember those names. It’s not like the book is closed on Perez either, he has an offer from Arkansas so that tells you he’s got SEC attention already. Could be a late take.

52 minutes ago, Helobious said:

my guy, Kerrville is absolutely not "South Texas"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

image.png.363902798c38d938aa47f0a6fb4d67cb.png

image.png.25e4a1de2927b4ad8efd0da1296f9665.png

"Nebraska is basically The South." - Helobious. 

Didn’t realize this board was filled with GIS analysts. FYI… “South Texas” is SA and southward. Within South Texas you have SA, Laredo, RGV, Coastal bend. But I guess not fucking Kerrville. Fine if we can’t claim Manziel you guys can have him then.

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Didn’t realize this board was filled with GIS analysts. FYI… “South Texas” is SA and southward. Within South Texas you have SA, Laredo, RGV, Coastal bend. But I guess not fucking Kerrville. Fine if we can’t claim Manziel you guys can have him then.

I don't consider SA south Texas at all.

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Kerrville is 65 miles northwest of San Antonio. it's roughly equal latitude wise to Bastrop. it's north of Houston!

Rock Springs isn't South Texas. Kerrville isn't South Texas. Blanco isn't South Texas. Wimberly isn't South Texas. Kyle isn't South Texas. Buda isn't South Texas. Bastrop isn't South Texas. Round Top isn't South Texas. Brenham isn't South Texas. Cypress isn't South Texas. Spring isn't South Texas. those are all along the same general latitude.

image.thumb.png.8768e15f8d7e387d25a77b3dfdd3d40f.png

you don't have to be an award winning GIS analyst, you just need to look at a fucking map.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Jesus man its like you don't realize that you're digging a hole. Just shut up.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Getafix said:

image.thumb.png.7651b68491468b6c20d1c8f3c3022d86.png

Choice needs a blank check given to him.  I haven't watched his film, who does he compare to?  Is he more a between-the-tackles guy or does he got some top end speed?  This is probably a one RB class, so either this guy or Harlem Berry would be great.

Also, 5* LB Jonah Williams from Galveston Ball is transferring to IMG.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

59 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Choice needs a blank check given to him.  I haven't watched his film, who does he compare to?  Is he more a between-the-tackles guy or does he got some top end speed?  This is probably a one RB class, so either this guy or Harlem Berry would be great.

I think in every class, the goal is to grab 2 RBs. Whether both are top 100 guys or not, I'm not sure. That depends on who Choice decides to prioritize. Some years might be 1, but most would be 2 so that we don't ever have to move guys like Red from one room to another.

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I've watched all of his film, and can tell you for certain that he has the power of Ricky Williams, the speed of Jamaal Charles, and the cutting ability of Bijan Robinson.

• Drool 1

Visit note on TCU commit and Top247 2025 WR Adrian Wilson

Jordan Scruggs

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e9d2708044a2bf9142e13670f833f6c8.png

image.thumb.png.a7bc9bd342ace7ad24967b5075f1bd43.png

STORY FROM JUNE (looks like we still haven't offered him)

— Pflugerville Weiss 2025 wide receiver Adrian Wilson has emerged as one of the best athletes in Texas after a strong sophomore campaign followed by a breakout spring on the 7-on-7 circuit.

An Alaska native, Wilson attended Del Valle as a freshman where he got valuable varsity playing time not only on the football field but also on the basketball court before transferring to Weiss. In eight games as a sophomore, Wilson put up 547 receiving yards and eight touchdowns on just 28 receptions.

Instead of playing basketball this offseason, the 6-foot-2-inch Wilson opted to focus on track and 7-on-7 ahead of his junior season. Throughout his sophomore track campaign, Wilson put up several impressive numbers, most notably a third-place finish in the District 12-6A high jump with a personal best of 6-4.

The younger cousin of former Texas Tech EDGE Tyree Wilson, the No. 7 overall pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, Adrian’s ceiling truly has no limits.

While Texas has yet to offer the No. 111 overall prospect in the nation according to the 247Sports Composite, after speaking with sources close to Wilson there's a strong chance that changes this weekend. Texas has been in close contact with Wilson and those in his circle leading up to this weekend’s elite camp and has closely monitored his progress throughout the offseason.

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Correct. This is the first true recruiting "witch" at UT since.........?

1. Frank Wilson, LSU -- $950,000
2. Dell McGee, Georgia -- $805,000
3. Tony Alford, Ohio State -- $773,000
4. DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma -- $615,000
5. Curtis Luper, Missouri -- $575,000
6. Robert Gillespie, Alabama -- $565,000
7. Jay Boulware, Kentucky -- $550,000
7. Tashard Choice, Texas -- $550,000

He is probably due for a bump. 

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Correct. This is the first true recruiting "witch" at UT since.........?

Tim Brewster? (he left in 2001!)

Will Muschamp? (the real answer, and he left in 2010!)

Joe Wickline?*

*when recruiting small schools in the middle of nowhere where his old friend coaches an unknown kid. thanks to @RGBIII for originally posting the Joe Wickline fanfic here on Surly and no, i will not be spoiler-ing it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPIoFbRWAAA4pHa?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPIoFdMX4AIrzud?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

1. Frank Wilson, LSU -- $950,000
2. Dell McGee, Georgia -- $805,000
3. Tony Alford, Ohio State -- $773,000
4. DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma -- $615,000
5. Curtis Luper, Missouri -- $575,000
6. Robert Gillespie, Alabama -- $565,000
7. Jay Boulware, Kentucky -- $550,000
7. Tashard Choice, Texas -- $550,000

He is probably due for a bump. 

those guys at OU are paying DeMarco Murray top 5 RB coach money? lol

THEY STILL ARE PAYING TED ROOF? HE IS STILL THEIR DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR ON PAPER?

they made NO staff changes YoY from last years team? lololol

Jay Valai is still their Co DC, Pass Defense, Cornerback and NB coach?

Todd Bates still has more fucking titles than any coach in the history of the sport?

image.thumb.png.1ca1a44617fead900169490ac73b5a58.png

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NoName said:

those guys at OU are paying DeMarco Murray top 5 RB coach money? lol

THEY STILL ARE PAYING TED ROOF? HE IS STILL THEIR DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR ON PAPER?

they made NO staff changes YoY from last years team? lololol

Jay Valai is still their Co DC, Pass Defense, Cornerback and NB coach?

Todd Bates still has more fucking titles than any coach in the history of the sport?

image.thumb.png.1ca1a44617fead900169490ac73b5a58.png

That staff makes me laugh out loud every time I see it. And how the fuck did Murray get that salary out of them?

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, NoName said:

Tim Brewster? (he left in 2001!)

Will Muschamp? (the real answer, and he left in 2010!)

Joe Wickline?*

*when recruiting small schools in the middle of nowhere where his old friend coaches an unknown kid. thanks to @RGBIII for originally posting the Joe Wickline fanfic here on Surly and no, i will not be spoiler-ing it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPIoFbRWAAA4pHa?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPIoFdMX4AIrzud?format=jpg&name=large

God I just love that fanfic. Wouldnt want to be in a room with the dude that wrote it but it is perfectly beautifully crazy

• Hook 'Em 1

(Combined portion on 25/26 prospects;  the 24 stuff is included in the post in that thread.)

The Stampede: Previewing the final major visit weekend ahead of the 2023 season
Detailed recruiting notes on a plethora of commits and underclassmen set to visit Texas over the next week
Jordan Scruggs

Spoiler

(Combined portion on 25/26 prospects;  the 24 stuff is included in the post in that thread.)

The Stampede: Previewing the final major visit weekend ahead of the 2023 season
Detailed recruiting notes on a plethora of commits and underclassmen set to visit Texas over the next week
Jordan Scruggs

After a few weeks of downtime and vacations, Steve Sarkisian and Co. are prepping for the 2023 season as recruiting starts to crank up again.

Texas will begin to host visitors this week with a major recruiting event in Austin on Thursday. With the 2024 class steadily filling up, the Longhorns can begin to emphasize the future cycles with a strong group of 2025 and 2026 visitors set to see the Forty Acres this week. 

Who are some of the more important recruits in the 2025 and 2026 classes expected to make the trip to Austin this week?

In this week’s edition of The Stampede, Horns247’s weekly gathering of recruiting intel, we hit on the upcoming week of visits.

Texas 2025 quarterback commit KJ Lacey will also return to the Forty Acres for the first time since early June when he gave his commitment to Texas while in Austin for the Texas Elite Camp, making Lacey the first domino to fall in the Longhorns rising junior class. Lacey will arrive from Alabama on the 27th and is expected to help peer recruit the impressive group of 2025 prospects also on campus.

IMPRESSIVE GROUP OF MATER DEI UNDERCLASSMEN EXPECTED IN AUSTIN ON TUESDAY
Under Steve Sarkisian’s guidance, the Longhorns have been recruiting the California powerhouse Mater Dei High School as hard as any other school outside of California's state lines, landing former Monarch tight end Spencer Shannon in 2023 before finding themselves squarely in the mix for 247Sports No. 1 ranked offensive tackle and five-star Brandon Baker in this years cycle. 

Highlighted by a trio of 2025 players, Texas has already offered a plethora of prospects currently on the Monarchs roster and are set to host a handful of Mater Dei’s best underclassmen talent on Tuesday with 247Sports composite No. 1 ranked 2025 running back Jordon Davison, 247Sports composite No. 36 ranked overall prospect and four-star wide receiver Marcus Harris, and 247Sports composite No. 79 ranked overall prospect and four-star cornerback Daryus Dixson all set to see Texas on the 25th.

A pair of standout Mater Dei 2026 prospects in wide receiver Kayden Dixon-Wyatt and EDGE Shaun Scott are also expected on the Forty Acres on Tuesday. 

Up to this point Tashard Choice has prioritized Jordon Davison more than any other back in the 2025 class, and it’s paid off as the Longhorns are in pole position for 247Sports Composite’s No. 1 ranked running back.

Since joining the Longhorns staff in December of 2021, Choice has more than walked the walk and talked the talk, as in back to back classes he’s gone out-of-state to land his top targets in Cedric Baxter and Jerrick Gibson while also adding impressive complimentary pieces in Tre Wisner and Christian Clark.

Jordon Davison (Photo: Shotgun Spratling | USCfootball.com, 247Sports)
Choice is targeting Davison to be the guy in 2025 in the same way he targeted Baxter and Gibson in consecutive years, and the prioritization goes both ways as this week's trip to Austin will mark the fourth time Davison has been on campus.

At this point Ohio State and USC seem to be the main competitors to Texas, but you have to like the Longhorns chances with the California native as he heads into his junior year.

Since camping in Austin last summer when he earned his Texas offer, Davison’s teammate and fellow four-star Marcus Harris has been in contact with several Longhorns staffers.

Harris’ visit to Texas on Tuesday will mark his first time back in Austin since last summer, and his first time in Austin with Chris Jackson as the Longhorns receivers coach.

As one would expect, Jackson has led the charge for the Longhorns recruitment of Harris since joining the Texas staff in January and the two share a connection that other wide receiver coaches in Harris’ recruitment don’t in that Jackson attended, lettered, and graduated from Mater Dei in the early nineties. 

Texas four-star quarterback commit KJ Lacey and Harris play 7on7 for the same program and are close friends, and sources told Horns247 that the same day Lacey committed to Texas, Harris facetimed Lacey less than five minutes after Lacey’s commitment went public. The facetime was picked up by Lacey while he was still in Steve Sarkisian’s office with several other Longhorns offensive staffers, with Harris starting the conversation with “hey we need to talk”.

While it’s still early in Harris’ recruitment, it’s Georgia, Oregon, and Texas that appear to be setting the pace as the group of leaders for the four-star as he begins his junior campaign. 

I’m excited to dig for more info on the four-star and to find out where exactly Texas fits amongst Harris’ competitors after Tuesday’s visit. 

Less is known about where the Longhorns stand with the other three prospects coming into town from Mater Dei in top-50 overall 2025 cornerback Daryus Dixson and the pair of 2026 prospects in Kayden Dixon-Wyatt and Shaun Scott, as it’ll be the first time on the Forty Acres for all three of them.

Scott is the only Mater Dei product without a Texas offer that is expected on campus.

The group of Davison, Harris, Dixson, Dixon-Wyatt, and Scott will stick together one more day after visiting Texas in order to visit Oklahoma on Wednesday the 26th.

2025 AND 2026 PROSPECTS EXPECTED IN TOWN THIS WEEK

KJ Lacey (Photo: Jason Caldwell/Auburnundercover, 247Sports)
The majority of next week's visitors will be in Austin on Thursday for the pool party but there’s sure to be a handful of stragglers who will visit individually due to several other schools hosting large recruiting events the same day the Longhorns throw their pool party. 

One of the more intriguing names on the list is Pflugerville Weiss 2025 four-star wide receiver and TCU commit Adrian Wilson. Wilson committed to TCU on June 25 over offers from Oklahoma, Oregon, and Texas A&M amongst 15 others, but a source close to the Austin area standout has long maintained that a Texas offer would be big for Wilson and his recruitment. Wilson has already visited Texas twice in 2023 alone, the most recent visit coming in June when the four-star made it down to the Forty Acres to compete in the Texas Elite Camp. I’m expecting Wilson to have a breakout junior season for Weiss, which in turn should garner another major rise in his recruitment. Wilson is also close friends and 7on7 teammates with KJ Lacey and Marcus Harris. Click HERE for a more in-depth look at the type of athlete and football player Wilson is. 

Landon Rink
Landon Rink (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)
Cy-Fair 2025 four-star defensive lineman and Texas legacy Landon Rink will make the drive from Houston to Austin on Thursday, making this week's visit his fourth time in Austin in 2023. I entered in a crystal ball prediction in favor of Texas last month, and still feel really strongly about the chances of Texas landing a player out of Cy-Fair in back to back classes. Rink will take his time with his process and currently has Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M standing out alongside Texas but ultimately the legacy factor, proximity to home, his close friend and Cy-Fair teammate Trey Owens being pledged to Texas, and everything Texas has to offer compared to other schools is what has me feeling so confident about the Longhorns chances with Rink.

We’re still in the process of adding more names to this week's visitor list, but here is the list of prospects that have confirmed their attendance with Horns247 so far.

KJ Lacey, QB, Saraland (AL.), 2025

Adrian Wilson, WR, Pflugerville Weiss, 2025

London Smith, WR, Waco University, 2025

David Sanders, OT, Charlotte (NC) Providence Day School, 2025

Tyler Thomas, OT, Dickinson, 2025

Jackson Christian, OT, Port Neches-Groves, 2025

Chad Woodfork, EDGE, Humble Summer Creek, 2025

Landon Rink, DL, Cy-Fair, 2025

Anthony Williams, LB, Shadow Creek, 2025

Jaboree Antoine, CB, Westgate (LA.), 2025

Cobey Sellers, CB, Shadow Creek, 2025

Javian Osborne, RB, Forney, 2026

Madden Morgan, LB, Bellaire Episcopal, 2026

Ashton Moore, LB, Alpharetta (GA.), 2026

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun