Cure Bowl Ending - WTF?

GreenspointTexas

23 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Wasn’t the pass actually incomplete on fourth down? The ref made it a confusing shitshow, but looks like the right team ultimately prevailed. 

^ yes, ultimately the compounding bad calls are moot because it should have been a turnover on downs. But damn son, signaling incomplete, then in bounds, then stop the clock…then they signal ready to start the clock before the umpire lets them snap? Shitty way to end a game/season/careers. 

• Hook 'Em 1

My thought was that it could have been a fumble out of bounds which I think stops the clock but I couldn't tell if the player was down or not. 

I think he was down in bounds but the linesman did make the wind the clock motion instead of stop the clock on a first down.

15 hours ago, po elvis said:

Looks like a good call to me. He did catch the ball and he did come down in bounds (this is debatable though from that viewpoint). It certainly isn’t some ridiculous travesty. 

Right the only thing I see in the video is shitty signaling and communication. That’s a bad look for sure, but it’s still hard to generate any more sympathy than that because NI was not “robbed” of a win. 

7 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Right the only thing I see in the video is shitty signaling and communication. That’s a bad look for sure, but it’s still hard to generate any more sympathy than that because NI was not “robbed” of a win. 

Agreed. The reffing at the end was not just like heaven, but someone needs to tell Northern Illinois that boys don't cry.