Wordle [spoilers inevitable but discouraged]

Prepuce of Doom

1 hour ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Is there some meaning or relevance to the colors in Connections? I have just assume that they were randomly assigned to one of the four daily categories. 

IMG_0648.thumb.jpeg.014dcb6bfe108ab4fe04cf93f0d8aebd.jpeg

I never know if I should be proud of getting the purple one early, or dumb for not seeing the yellow/green first.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

Chose to layup and most of the time I don't think of that in time.  In this case,  probably saved 2 strokes.

Wordle 976 4/6

🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Impressive 3rd attempt.  Would you like a coffee refill?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Looking at other posts, I suspected that the word rhymed with a word that got me when I first started playing Wordle, so I picked one of those rhyming words, then used my second guess to eliminate some of the possible first letters.

Yeah that was definitely the right strategy I think there are enough words with the last 4 letters you could plausibly miss all 6 and still not get it right.  I knew I was dead even before the ship sank....

Edited by Pimphand

4 hours ago, Rudy Rutabaga said:

Wordle 976 X/6

🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩

sad break up GIF by Oggy and the Cockroaches

Welcome to my world.  There were four possibilities that I could think of but I only had three guesses. It was the fourth, the one I didn't guess.  My streak of 35 is gone.

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, nnm said:

For me, the problem with connections today was that it had as the “easiest” a list that only theater people would know. I knew three of them right away, but had no clue that the one that the one that starts with c was a thing. Also surprised to get the purple first. 

I only knew that one because it was the answer to some other trivia-type game I played in the somewhat recent past, but I don't recall when/where exactly.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Welcome to my world.  There were four possibilities that I could think of but I only had three guesses. It was the fourth, the one I didn't guess.  My streak of 35 is gone.

I was at 195. But that’s okay. See below

19 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

You should have guessed a word that had many or all of the remaining possibilities. Your game was winnable with three guesses left. 

This is clever, so I will probably never do it. I don’t perceive bogeys and doubles as wins. I am trying to hit with each guess. This mindset does lead to  some Tin Cup results 🤪.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rudy Rutabaga said:

I was at 195. But that’s okay. See below

This is clever, so I will probably never do it. I don’t perceive bogeys and doubles as wins. I am trying to hit with each guess. This mindset does lead to  some Tin Cup results 🤪.

Damn

Just to verify the scoring....

1: Double Eagle
2: Eagle
3: Birdie
4: Par
5: Bogey
6: Double Bogey
X: Triple Bogey/Grouse

• Like 2