Former Governor’s descendants fight over ranching empire

Immaculate Vibes

On 1/23/2022 at 11:42 PM, TwiceHorn said:

There is and should be a motivation to settle, to come to an agreement

Like I said earlier, give them 60 days to work it out amongst themselves or the state takes the land back.  Our legal system has more important shit to deal with than a bunch of rich fucks trying to get over on each other.

On 1/18/2022 at 12:43 PM, deadshank said:

I have hunted WTD and quail on some of the Briscoe land in Dimmit County.  It is spectacular.

Big ranches get smaller over time and rarely get larger.  

Ego and greed show up yet again.

A shame.  

When I was a little kid before we had our own place, our family leased some Briscoe land in the early 80s.  It was in Dimmitt County, IIRC.  Think Crystal City was the closest town.

What I remember about that place was the ponds had alligators.  I have been on ranches with alligators since then.  Ranchers put them in the tanks because they walk around the bottom and compact the mud bottom so it holds water better.  They will have small foot high fences that keep gators in but allow livestock and game easy access to the water.

Briscoe's place had no fences.  So you would be see alligators walking between tanks in brush or on roads.

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

When I was a little kid before we had our own place, our family leased some Briscoe land in the early 80s.  It was in Dimmitt County, IIRC.  Think Crystal City was the closest town.

What I remember about that place was the ponds had alligators.  I have been on ranches with alligators since then.  Ranchers put them in the tanks because they walk around the bottom and compact the mud bottom so it holds water better.  They will have small foot high fences that keep gators in but allow livestock and game easy access to the water.

Briscoe's place had no fences.  So you would be see alligators walking between tanks in brush or on roads.

Alligator Hunting in Texas

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

You’re right.  They should be given 24 hrs max to work it out.

Doubling down. On board with big government just confiscating property because you are envious of rich people. Neato. 

9 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Like I said earlier, give them 60 days to work it out amongst themselves or the state takes the land back.  Our legal system has more important shit to deal with than a bunch of rich fucks trying to get over on each other.

You ridiculous dude.  

The criminal courts are different than the civil courts.  The civil courts are all about these kind of legal disputes.  

Does your dumb take apply also to some poor sap’s family arguing over his estate consisting of a weed-infested $35K lot in Balch Springs used as collateral on 3 notes for used cars?  Sixty days mofos or the state gonna take it from you!  Hurry up!!

Also, the state takes the land back?  Was it the state’s to begin with?  

Your idea is not good.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

They take care of their own shit there is no confiscation.  It's pretty simple.

Every one of your posts oozes “I’m poor and bitter as fuck”. But you’re dumb on top of that. 

I used to work with a guy, his family has a big farming business. He worked there in high school and college. He told me about it one day and I said it was so cool that he's got this family business, why not work there now? He said fuck that shit, he hates it. He wants his dad and uncle to deal with it, he's out. I didn't get it but it made me sad.

I guess since my sister and I have such a good relationship, I just can't imagine wanting to go to court and fight over inheritance, or just walk away from something my family built from nothing. But I don't have a multi-million dollar family legacy, either. Ignorance is bliss?

12 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Surly is always good to remind me that there are crazy people in the world ... of course I just pray they are not walking around among us.

some of em are on wheels, sure...

13 hours ago, deadshank said:

Does your dumb take apply also to some poor sap’s family arguing over his estate consisting of a weed-infested $35K lot in Balch Springs used as collateral on 3 notes for used cars?

What type of weed infestation are we talking about here? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Maybe the old man hated his kids and wanted them to fight. Otherwise, he could’ve easily put the land in a trust and gave all his heirs equal access for generations.

it's not about equal access to the land.  it was giving all descendants equal say in how things would be run.  due to disparity in amount of grandkids, one side would then have more say/power in how it was run when the kids died.  or at least that is what i got out of the story.