Agriculture/Farming Help

Ignatius Reilly

Hello. Recently, a distant family member passed away. He was a tomato farmer, and owned quite a substantial number of tomatoes. 

In his will, he bequeathed to me the entire tomato farm, to be transferred from his estate to mine, at such a time when I have carried out the stipulation within.

My predicament is such that My Benefactor has requested that I am to be placed in a swimming pool of such size as to encompass my body fully; I am then allowed to choose having a full pool's amount of tomato placed on top of me, at which time I may vacate the pool using only the means provided to me upon entering the pool--there are ladders at each end. The deepest part of the pool reaches eight feet.

I am, however, allowed to choose the form the tomatoes take, and herein lies the dilemma; Should I choose a purée, I assume I could swim as one might in a pot of bolognese, but as there are no air pockets, I would be forced to surface quickly should I become winded. Because the thickness of the purée has not been determined, I am concerned with its density and consequently my buoyancy. I also assume it will be very heavy, but I believe I can mitigate this depending on the density of the purée.

I can also choose to have whole tomatoes placed gently atop me, instead of in a purée. This would seem to have two advantages--as tomatoes are not equally sized, even among varieties, there should be enough room for air to enter, making my struggles to stay alive much less labor intensive.

I would be allowed to eat or sell the leftover tomatoes after this process complete. While whole tomatoes could be washed and processed, a purée would likely be soiled by close contact with the various crests and valleys of my body, which, despite my best efforts, can be sour and unappetizing at times.

Which is the answer to my dilemma? I must know by Tuesday 

Edited by Ignatius Reilly
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

WTF 

Ignatius, you need to think like Bubba. Have some boiled tomatoes, fried tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato soup, puree, sauce, fire roasted, stewed, crushed tomatoes, whole tomatoes, tomato paste, sun-dried, tomato juice, tomato ketchup, creamed tomatoes, peeled tomatoes, dude you should just eat your way out of that pool.

https://i.gifer.com./2bs4.mp4

8 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

WTF 

Ignatius, you need to think like Bubba. Have some boiled tomatoes, fried tomatoes, diced tomatoes, tomato soup, puree, sauce, fire roasted, stewed, crushed tomatoes, whole tomatoes, tomato paste, sun-dried, tomato juice, tomato ketchup, creamed tomatoes, peeled tomatoes, dude you should just eat your way out of that pool.

https://i.gifer.com./2bs4.mp4

I considered this but my attorney explains that the terms stipulate that the tomatoes be of a common consistency. My hands are tied. 

Edited by Ignatius Reilly

17 hours ago, TheRealChuckWoolery said:

A lot of this depends on the variety of tomato. Do you get to choose this, or are you locked in to one?

I am allowed to select a variety. I am currently leaning toward the Roma. It's thicker skin has a higher tensile strength which I believe should more effectively keep them from bursting and collapsing. 

If i choose a purée, it will be Campari.