Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

13 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
18 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:
It might take Henderson 4 days to get to sleep. He was tremendous tonight.

And milner last week...my group was talking about switching milner...i know he is older but dude was all over the place last week...i think we would be lesser without milner

12 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Yeah, I'd sign Milner for life. When he's done playing, move him to management. He's got a great knowledge of the game.

I thought Milner brought a ton of energy to the first half today.

You guys remember when we were down 3-0 heading into the second leg of the champs league semifinals against Barca and everybody was taking about who Barca was gonna play in the finals but then we beat them 4-0 at home and everyone was like “no waiii!!!” and then we all got laid. 

That was awesome.

• Like 2

I was on such a high yesterday and was so wired I couldn't get back to work. Yesterday was a total team effort. Every guy stepped up to do his part. You can't downplay that sly move TAA made to knock Barcelona off their set piece defense. Just a brilliant football move from a 20 year old. I just don't want it to end. 

Andy is having a scan this morning to see the extent of his calf injury. Hopefully, it's not something that keeps him from Madrid but he's probably out for the Wolves. Hopefully not though. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 1

This might be cheesy for some but I know at least a few will appreciate it-

It was the perfect storm for me yesterday. Obviously watched it at work on my computer and contributed to this thread until I left the office. That's when the real fun for me started. 

I coach my twin boys 9U soccer team and we had practice last night. So right from the high of the end of the game, home to change, pick up  the boys and head to practice. 9 is such a great age because they are old enough to get it but still young enough to not be tainted by social media and everything else that can make sports a beating sometimes. It's tough to explain if you don't have kids but their joy of sports is just pure fandom without the negative side. 

Well, I didn't tell them that Liverpool won or were even playing (they knew they had lost 3-0 because we watched it but didn't know the return leg was yesterday) It was tough as shit not saying anything to them but I was able to do it and had an absolute blast at practice with the rest of their team. After practice was over we went home, they took showers while I made dinner (wife is out of town for work, love my wife to death but also part of the perfect storm- "guys night"). 

I tell them that Liverpool played and one of my son's instantly said "They won 4-0 didn't they!!!!!?" 

Again it was hard to not tell them but I told them they would have to watch. 

So as we ate dinner the three of us watched the entire game, it was like it was new all over again and seeing the joy and happiness on their face as each goal went in and the unbelievable became possible, probable, and then happened is something that I will never forget. They went nuts and the post game YNWA was so fucking perfect it not only made me happy all over again for my favorite soccer team but just an amazing teaching moment for my kids that nothing is fucking impossible if you work your ass off and believe. I said it in the CL thread but yesterday is why sports are so damn amazing. Not only for the entertainment but the relationships, teamwork, drive, love and belief that are such an important part of life and one that I am always trying to explain and teach my kids not so they become a great (insert any sport here) player but more importantly they become great people. 

It's truly an experience that is difficult to explain but one that I again will never forget. 

TLDR: Watched game with kids, it was awesome, life lessons, etc. 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, JimmyHoffa said:

This might be cheesy for some but I know at least a few will appreciate it-

It was the perfect storm for me yesterday. Obviously watched it at work on my computer and contributed to this thread until I left the office. That's when the real fun for me started. 

I coach my twin boys 9U soccer team and we had practice last night. So right from the high of the end of the game, home to change, pick up  the boys and head to practice. 9 is such a great age because they are old enough to get it but still young enough to not be tainted by social media and everything else that can make sports a beating sometimes. It's tough to explain if you don't have kids but their joy of sports is just pure fandom without the negative side. 

Well, I didn't tell them that Liverpool won or were even playing (they knew they had lost 3-0 because we watched it but didn't know the return leg was yesterday) It was tough as shit not saying anything to them but I was able to do it and had an absolute blast at practice with the rest of their team. After practice was over we went home, they took showers while I made dinner (wife is out of town for work, love my wife to death but also part of the perfect storm- "guys night"). 

I tell them that Liverpool played and one of my son's instantly said "They won 4-0 didn't they!!!!!?" 

Again it was hard to not tell them but I told them they would have to watch. 

So as we ate dinner the three of us watched the entire game, it was like it was new all over again and seeing the joy and happiness on their face as each goal went in and the unbelievable became possible, probable, and then happened is something that I will never forget. They went nuts and the post game YNWA was so fucking perfect it not only made me happy all over again for my favorite soccer team but just an amazing teaching moment for my kids that nothing is fucking impossible if you work your ass off and believe. I said it in the CL thread but yesterday is why sports are so damn amazing. Not only for the entertainment but the relationships, teamwork, drive, love and belief that are such an important part of life and one that I am always trying to explain and teach my kids not so they become a great (insert any sport here) player but more importantly they become great people. 

It's truly an experience that is difficult to explain but one that I again will never forget. 

TLDR: Watched game with kids, it was awesome, life lessons, etc. 

I’m not crying, you’re crying!

YNWA

• Like 1

TAA was amazing yesterday. Thought it was his best game in a red shirt so far. The big debate is whether or not to move him into MF. I'd leave him at RB for the time being. 

I'm out with the flu and watched from my sofa yesterday too weak to post. I appreciate everyone who posted yesterday. Really made it fun as it was happening. What a ride it was. I even managed to jump up and give a few fist pumps after Gini's second and Origi's winner. I even paced around for the 5 minutes of extra time.

What a fun team to support. 

9 minutes ago, Jograves said:

TAA was amazing yesterday. Thought it was his best game in a red shirt so far. The big debate is whether or not to move him into MF. I'd leave him at RB for the time being. 

I'm out with the flu and watched from my sofa yesterday too weak to post. I appreciate everyone who posted yesterday. Really made it fun as it was happening. What a ride it was. I even managed to jump up and give a few fist pumps after Gini's second and Origi's winner. I even paced around for the 5 minutes of extra time.

What a fun team to support. 

I think having two "wingbacks" works for Klopp's system. Especially given the ask for Mane and Salah to trackback. 

I do think that Trent could play Midfield, but he's a solid defender and they are not easy to come by.

I work from home and pick the kids up from the bus stop at the school in our neighborhood. At the 73rd minute, I had to leave to go get them. I had the game on my phone turned over in the car so I could hear but not watch. I then sat in the bus stop area waiting for them and watching the game. I screamed when TAA slid that pass to Origi for the go ahead. My kids then showed up and I motioned for them to get their asses in the car quickly. My older daughter thought someone had died based on how panicked I was to get them in and get back home. I explained what was going on and told her to watch and give me play by play as I drove us home. When we got back home, they both watched the final 10 in my office with me. They loved it. They were a little sad when we saw Liverpool at the Cotton Bowl that the guys didn't win and they didn't get to hear the crowd do YNWA. So after the win, I got up, picked up my scarf and sang along with the crowd on TV. I said "there's the song you didn't get to hear in its proper context". Such a fun moment. I'll have to check but I think the Final is at the same time or during my younger daughter's ballet recital. So I'll be watching on delay that day unless it's earlier in the morning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That Guy said:

I thought Mane was fantastic yesterday. Non-stop hustle. He pressed, pestered, tracked back, and created chances the entire game. 

Player of the Year for me.

(Obviously it's VVD, but Mane kept this team alive when Salah was in a "slump")

You'd be hard pressed to find an LFC player who wasn't fantastic yesterday. I didn't think Shaqo had a particularly good first half but I thought he grew into the game in the second half. That cross for Gini's header was a peach. 

I think Alisson and Matip deserve some real props for yesterday. Becker kept us in it with those first half saves. Those were 5 world class saves. VVD had a great game but I thought Matip was slightly better, if we're splitting hairs. He seemed so confident in everything he did. 

• Like 1

I agree. I think Matip's been a stud since taking over for Gomez. He seems like he's in good shape and his focus is real sharp. We got him on a free, which makes it even more incredible.

Matip has some real heart too. He's not afraid of anyone he's up against. I thought he was a little timid previously, but he's played great this season.

Lovren tends to freelance and he's not quick enough to close down a defender like Matip. Matip's also not afraid to charge in with the ball and set up something for the forwards. He brings another level that Lovren can't. 

I know the match at Notre Dame will be pretty barebones but I hope VvD is there because watching him bark out orders and keep the defense aligned is one of the best memories I had when I watched that West Ham match at Anfield. He's such a damn Alpha out there. 

Edited by mdmost

Mou certainly loves to take a blowtorch to things. He's not wrong though. Barcelona got rattled pretty early. After the 1st half it was pretty much a bunch of guys standing around waiting for Messi to score the away goal.